Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

2 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Just for those that seem to be keen on giving him yet another chance...

Don't care if he's on the wing or even in goal, 6 touches in a half (8 in total but 2 were kick offs) shows how little he cared last year.

It is only since we have had a new owner that he has realised that someone is finally going to kick him out of the door that he has started to do something about getting himself in some sort of shape that isn't round

v0aKltu.jpg

Never realised that was a heatmap of his whole Villa career.

"His stats are shit for a striker!" - Produce factual stats which show they are nowhere near as shit as intimated on here, half of games played as a winger, and that decline coincided with rest of team.

Response: "Doesn't matter, he is a word removed, sod stats"

Puts up photo of him and daughter on Instagram: "Pedophile!"

Puts up photo of him with kid he has been active with for years, through charity, and acorns - "Word removed posting for sympathy"

Posts positive UTV messages, shows he is working hard and in shape - "Shame he never gave a toss last season when we needed him"

The only positive for him is that I realise there still actually alot of fans who like him and have fond memories of him, and post messages of support etc. because they have memories deeper than that of a Kindergarten student or a drugged out whore gold digger who gets excited wherever the new fix is.

Sod everyone pushing him out, If I were him I would have battered a couple of these hooligans, taken a pay off from the club and told them all to do one.Go somewhere away from here and live a quiet life.

If I am totally honest, I would go as far as to say a large part of him not being involved is down to the FANS. And no I am not thick enough to believe this is all, no unnecessary non factual lecture needed.

This thread has frankly become a farce, the odd people who FACTUALLY bring up his career record, stats, love for the club, and a soft spot for him as "one of ours" mostly drowned out with immature bollox and point scoring mostly based on a couple poor seasons, coinciding with the club declining, the amount of women he got pregnant, personall twitter posts, the aftershave he wears etc etc etc. Pathetic.

Most of you have absolutely sod all factual to say and your arguments have been overdone.

Although the more u say bullshit to yourselves and any other idiot willing to listen(I am guessing people under 20 - 25 majority who know nothing about his great spell listen) the more like you and them are to start believing it.

The horse is well and truly dead, JUST LEAVE IT FFS! At the end of the day the management team will decide. It is frustrating as hell having to read the same absolute NON FACTUAL shite over and over and over and over again smh.

It's like a lover who you are bored with, or not attracted to anymore so anything they do just annoys you. I really want him to leave just for his own sanity to be frank.

He could shoot claret and blue rainbows out his arse at this point and some people would moan about the pantone.

58570811.jpg

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Never realised that was a heatmap of his whole Villa career.

"His stats are shit for a striker!" - Produce factual stats which show they are nowhere near as shit as intimated on here, half of games played as a winger, and that decline coincided with rest of team.

Response: "Doesn't matter, he is a word removed, sod stats"

Puts up photo of him and daughter on Instagram: "Pedophile!"

Puts up photo of him with kid he has been active with for years, through charity, and acorns - "Word removed posting for sympathy"

Posts positive UTV messages, shows he is working hard and in shape - "Shame he never gave a toss last season when we needed him"

The only positive for him is that I realise there still actually alot of fans who like him and have fond memories of him, and post messages of support etc. because they have memories deeper than that of a Kindergarten student or a drugged out whore gold digger who gets excited wherever the new fix is.

Sod everyone pushing him out, If I were him I would have battered a couple of these hooligans, taken a pay off from the club and told them all to do one.Go somewhere away from here and live a quiet life.

If I am totally honest, I would go as far as to say a large part of him not being involved is down to the FANS. And no I am not thick enough to believe this is all, no unnecessary non factual lecture needed.

This thread has frankly become a farce, the odd people who FACTUALLY bring up his career record, stats, love for the club, and a soft spot for him as "one of ours" mostly drowned out with immature bollox and point scoring mostly based on a couple poor seasons, coinciding with the club declining, the amount of women he got pregnant, personall twitter posts, the aftershave he wears etc etc etc. Pathetic.

Most of you have absolutely sod all factual to say and your arguments have been overdone.

Although the more u say bullshit to yourselves and any other idiot willing to listen(I am guessing people under 20 - 25 majority who know nothing about his great spell listen) the more like you and them are to start believing it.

The horse is well and truly dead, JUST LEAVE IT FFS! At the end of the day the management team will decide. It is frustrating as hell having to read the same absolute NON FACTUAL shite over and over and over and over again smh.

It's like a lover who you are bored with, or not attracted to anymore so anything they do just annoys you. I really want him to leave just for his own sanity to be frank.

He could shoot claret and blue rainbows out his arse at this point and some people would moan about the pantone.

58570811.jpg

Wow, didn't realise what a hero and wonderful guy he is. 

I am so sorry. Please, give him a new 5 year contract on £70K a week immediately. He deserves it as he scored some goals several years ago in a team that was doing well. Lets ignore the fact that he is, fundamentally a limited footballer who relied on speed alone and has spent the last 5 years giving not a single shit about the club until he realised his time is up. 

The key stat here, and the one that tells you most is this:

Number of clubs interested in Gabby Agbonlahor: 0

• Like 4

Out of curiosity would anyone have had him as a sub last Tuesday against Huddersfield when we were crying out for someone to come off the bench last 20 mins? 

I know I would but then I am pretty forgiving of most things!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Out of curiosity would anyone have had him as a sub last Tuesday against Huddersfield when we were crying out for someone to come off the bench last 20 mins? 

The Gabby of 9 years ago? Sure!

The Gabby from the last 3 seasons or so? Nope, don't see what the point would have been as he´s proven to be too lazy to bother to help the club or his teammates when given the chance. 

Much rather we had some of the youngsters on the bench against Huddersfield, even thou they played in the u-23 game the night before. Sure Sellars, Lyden or Hepburn-Murphy all had enough left in the tank for a 20 min cameo.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Yes. 

I thought this but wasn't brave enough to suggest it ! - Bring him on for 20 minutes - although his pace isn't what it was - its still enough to worry opposition defenders - and we can play him on the break.  Mccormack isn't good for counter attacking IMO he doesn't have the pace.

Edit - Provisio that he is motivated and not disruptive to the rest of the squad...

Edited by hippo

26 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Sooner cut my wrists. 

I love Gabby as much as the next Villa fan, but we need to move on from him now.  A non match fit / sharp Mckormack has done more in three games than Gabby in 2 seasons.

Gabby has seen off many fitness coaches employed by the Villa, and lacked discipline when good footballing pros (such as Keane) called him out on his performance.

He was pissed up in a hotel room in London the day we got relegated.  Not being picked cause he was too fat.

Basically, he is not even a part of the squad anymore, yet people can't help but take a dig.

The overall point I have been trying to make is that he is/was no where as shite as people make out, have explained and backed this up many a time, as have others.

Do I think he should move on? YES

In an ideal world would I want him to move on? NO. I would love to see him prove everyone wrong as I have repeatedly said I have seen and know what he is capable of when on form, and has a decent team around him.

We almost got relegated with a couple of very good players in the team but they get nowhere near the same amount of vitriol.

I was stunned to see Adama Traore, someone who has done nothing but have a couple cameos of promise, straight up say he wants out of the club and hates it here get the "Aww he just needs an arm around him" treatment. lol.

We treat "our own" like shite is basically what I am saying. Truth be told we have done it with other players too!

I hate the fact that people literally act as if footballers are not humans, and should have ZERO flaws, or growth curves etc.

We constantly go on about "loyalty" in football, but based on the type of arses we are, we deserve none.

Once again, I realise Gabby is like the lover you are tired of, so ANYTHING they do, even the thought of them annoys you.

It even got me wondering, say if he left, and came back in 5/10 years as a spectator or special guest etc. Would he be booed? Would he even get the minimum of courtesy's? Even a light clap? Slight acknowledgement for the actual good things he did before he became public enemy number 1?

Villa fans love a scapegoat.

It is a deeply sad situation all around.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S-Platt said:

Yeah, he needs to be on the bench this weekend, especially with Traore being uninterested

• Like 2

I think two things led to Agbonlahor's fall from grace.

To understand the first requires some honesty from fans, in admitting that the only thing Gabby ever had going for him was incredible pace, that he never had anything in his locker that could be described as a footballing skill.

Just before he left, Mr.O'Neil wanted Gabby to beef up, so that he could bully centre backs. Completely foreign to the way Gabby could play and by doing said beefing up, reducing his one advantage, his speed.

The way Mr. Lerner turned Gabby into Mr.Aston Villa, a cheap PR trick, local lad as the face of the club. The thing is Gabby actually believed it, he believed he was bigger than the club, simply because successive managers weren't allowed to drop him and he was allowed to set bad examples when he didn't like the training regimes. 

Now Gabby has had a kick up his over large backside and at the age when he should be in the middle of his peak years, he finds himself unwanted by the club. Once Gabby realises that he really has no way back at this club and that if he wants some kind of footballing career, he has to be prepared to get really fit and drop down the leagues, the better for him and everyone else.

3 minutes ago, 1958Villan said:

I think two things led to Agbonlahor's fall from grace.

To understand the first requires some honesty from fans, in admitting that the only thing Gabby ever had going for him was incredible pace, that he never had anything in his locker that could be described as a footballing skill.

Just before he left, Mr.O'Neil wanted Gabby to beef up, so that he could bully centre backs. Completely foreign to the way Gabby could play and by doing said beefing up, reducing his one advantage, his speed.

The way Mr. Lerner turned Gabby into Mr.Aston Villa, a cheap PR trick, local lad as the face of the club. The thing is Gabby actually believed it, he believed he was bigger than the club, simply because successive managers weren't allowed to drop him and he was allowed to set bad examples when he didn't like the training regimes. 

Now Gabby has had a kick up his over large backside and at the age when he should be in the middle of his peak years, he finds himself unwanted by the club. Once Gabby realises that he really has no way back at this club and that if he wants some kind of footballing career, he has to be prepared to get really fit and drop down the leagues, the better for him and everyone else.

I have to agree with certain elements of this, yes, the stand out quality was obviously pace. However he has had times where he looked like he was developing, and would pull out a top drawer finish, or bit of skill sporadically. Whenever he has/had too much time to think, he would more than likely make the wrong decision.

We all know/knew pace doesn't last forever, so I was hoping over time his general football brain would have developed, and I actually think there were small glimpses of this. He actually provided a few key passes/assists.

Funnily enough there was an interview where he said he eventually wanted to become a midfielder in his older years for Villa. lol

I find it admirable that he has never wanted to be anywhere but here, however obviously, he got into a stage of malaise and was resting on his laurels.

To be fair though, I can;t help but see how the state of the club in the last few years would have been demotivating for anyone.

Apparently Lambert was actually thinking of letting him go and wasn't going to offer him a new deal in summer 2014. Lerner overruled that and gave him a new 4 year deal. He would've been out of contract in 2015.

If he'd left back then most of us would be looking back at his time far more fondly here. Last two years have been a complete waste of time and tarnished his time at the club.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, S-Platt said:

As much as i never want to see him in a villa shirt again the answer is yes.

I said before the game that a bench made up of Bunn, 4 defenders, Green (not ready and hasn't really done anything when played this year) and Gardner (crap) would be our undoing and it proved to be the case. we were getting overrun but had no attacking options to change anything in order to give them something to think about other than trying to batter us.

Even 1 run at their midfield/defence could have been enough to pin them back a little.

• Like 1

I see similarities between his and Albrighton's career's at Villa. Both seemed to be stuck in a rut. Marc left, maybe had a bit of a kick up the arse that he needed to sort his game out if he wanted to remain a PL player... Gabby stayed, in the rut, in the comfort zone, not giving a shit.

If Gabby had left 2 years ago he might actually be doing alright now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, S-Platt said:

Absolutely not for all sorts of reasons, the main two being his on-field performances of the last few seasons mean his presence would've achieved nothing positive, and his off-field performances mean his presence could have achieved something negative.

In his day, he was decent on his day.

That time is long long gone.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

As much as i never want to see him in a villa shirt again the answer is yes.

I said before the game that a bench made up of Bunn, 4 defenders, Green (not ready and hasn't really done anything when played this year) and Gardner (crap) would be our undoing and it proved to be the case. we were getting overrun but had no attacking options to change anything in order to give them something to think about other than trying to batter us.

Even 1 run at their midfield/defence could have been enough to pin them back a little.

Agree with you about the bench but for the life of me I wouldn't have felt better when they read the Team Sheet out had he been on it.

Â