Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

If its a loan then he can't play can he? Although i'm not sure if they changed that rule...

I think it's a clause the club can put in the loan agreement if they choose too. I'm sure they would. 

Edited by PieFacE

This is a groundhog day argument, I have posted the stats more than once but the factd don't matter lol. It's almost as ridiculous ase continually responding but I can't help it because some of the nonsense i read truly baffles me.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

On 13/08/2016 at 23:46, thunderball said:

You should assess a striker by his stats and Gabbys are poor, he hasn't scored enough and hasn't assisted and contributed anywhere near enough to be on a 5 year £57k/wk salary. Club captain, give me a break, he owes the club, he can repay us by leaving.

Did u even bother looking at the stats vs position played before making this statement? All you have to do is go a couple pages back through the thread, almost 50 percent of games played as a winger, in a team which were pretty much ALL shite in latter years. He got the deal because he showed enough to make it seem like he would become a valuable star and contributor. Was unplayable at times, called up for England, linked to Arsenal, critically acclaimed and actually feared by many a team and manager. We can also do the whole highlights reel, vital goals scored and being the top scorer thing all over but pointless. I'll try to make this my last comment on this as i feel like i'm going cenile. Lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Did u even bother looking at the stats vs position played before making this statement? All you have to do is a go a couple pages back through the thread, almost 50 percent of gamrs played as a winger, in a team which were pretty much ALL shite in latter years. He got the deal because he showed enough to make it seem like he would become a valuable star and contibutor. Was unplayable at times, called up for England, linked to Arsenal, critically acclaimed and actually feared by many a team and manager. We can also fo the whole highlights reel, vital goals scored and being the top scorer thing all over but pointless. I'll try to make this my last comment on this as i feel like i'm going cenile. Lol

I actually remember once upon a time John Terry saying he was the striker he hated playing against the most. As a winger he's always been useless, as a striker (other than last season) he was great, and then when he was poor he wasn't half as bad as some people made him out to be.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Did u even bother looking at the stats vs position played before making this statement? All you have to do is go a couple pages back through the thread, almost 50 percent of games played as a winger, in a team which were pretty much ALL shite in latter years. He got the deal because he showed enough to make it seem like he would become a valuable star and contributor. Was unplayable at times, called up for England, linked to Arsenal, critically acclaimed and actually feared by many a team and manager. We can also do the whole highlights reel, vital goals scored and being the top scorer thing all over but pointless. I'll try to make this my last comment on this as i feel like i'm going cenile. Lol

I couldn't care less about his stats

He's a word removed

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Oh ok. So i'm assuming you already know why your opinion means F A then.  

Unfortunately for you mate, as a fellow fan on an internet forum, my opinion has about equal weight as yours.

I just happen to think how players carry themselves as 30yr old grown men is as equally important as what they produce on the pitch.

• Like 4

The really annoying thing for me is Gabby's selfishness.

He took the piss majorly whilst taking no responsibility for his position as captain/longest serving player/top scorer.

Now it is clear to him that NO club wants to buy him (or have we had a bid for him yet?) So now he decides to get his act together and hope all is forgiven and he can continue his career here at 60k pw for the next 3 (4?) seasons.

Who the F*** does he think he is?

who the F*** does he think he's fooling?

Man up ffs. GTFO, go prove to some other Club manager team fans that you're worthy of a contract.

But no, Gabby's hanging on like a bad smell, and it's ALL his own doing.

The reality of it is. If he didnt have all his Millions already at the bank and couldnt afford his lavish life, how would he have conducted himself ? Certainly not like last season (in isolation) I fear

Selfish, useless C-Unit.

IMHO

15 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yes England may have called him but they took about as long as it took me to realise he can't play. You say unplayable- when? He might have been uncatchable over a period of time- unplayable never in my book

• Like 1

I can't believe he's only 29.

Although he's 30 in October which is a bit like selling a car and having a few months left on its MOT.  Sell now !

• Like 1

On ‎13‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 21:46, thunderball said:

You should assess a striker by his stats

No you shouldn't. You can't properly assess any footballer by their stats. You have to watch them play, or in Gabby's case try to. Unfortunately I have seen Gabby play on numerous occassions and, despite not knowing a single gabby related statistic, I can confirm that he is, in fact, shite. If he gets himself together and tries a bit he *could* do a job for a championship club. It's a big 'if' though. 

• Like 1

Just for those that seem to be keen on giving him yet another chance...

Don't care if he's on the wing or even in goal, 6 touches in a half (8 in total but 2 were kick offs) shows how little he cared last year.

It is only since we have had a new owner that he has realised that someone is finally going to kick him out of the door that he has started to do something about getting himself in some sort of shape that isn't round

v0aKltu.jpg

When i think of Gabby, i think of a very limited footballer who's used his few assets well, who was fortunate enough to play under a Manager who's counter attacking tactics played perfectly to his few strengths, and who more than anything worked hard.

I don't think many of us have ever viewed him as anything other than average, but he's a local lad who ran his socks off, always tracked back back and chipped in with around 10 goals a year, a couple of which important. So whilst i never really rated the bloke, i think if things had continued in the same manor, i might have been inclined to remember the good times rather than the bad. 

Sadly things didn't continue in the same manor, and the only person to blame for that is Gabby himself. He no longer seems to work hard so his only asset (his speed) is rendered pretty much useless. After being named Club Captain he had another opportunity to help the club, one of leadership, he cocked that up as well when we needed it most.

So now Gabby you won't be remembered for the good times, you'll only be remembered for being a word removed and wasting a opportunity to be remembered. No one's fault other than your own.  

4 hours ago, BOF said:

I can't believe he's only 29.

Although he's 30 in October which is a bit like selling a car and having a few months left on its MOT.  Sell now !

made his debut in 2006 I think just before Lerner decline. amazingly his time at Villa is probably similar path to Lerner, positive start, couple of signs of renaissance when we looked decent in very short spells under Lambert and Sherwood and then total crash

5 hours ago, villa89 said:

No you shouldn't. You can't properly assess any footballer by their stats. You have to watch them play, or in Gabby's case try to. Unfortunately I have seen Gabby play on numerous occassions and, despite not knowing a single gabby related statistic, I can confirm that he is, in fact, shite. If he gets himself together and tries a bit he *could* do a job for a championship club. It's a big 'if' though. 

Well technically you can these days, there are hundreds of measurements taken by clubs each day at training and during games.

Unfortunately in gabby's case, he couldn't fit into the GPS tracking vest so we'll have to go off his scoring record for the past 5 years and it is shit. 

(Although I think he holds the club record for most nitrous poppers in one night)

38 minutes ago, Zatman said:

made his debut in 2006 I think just before Lerner decline. amazingly his time at Villa is probably similar path to Lerner, positive start, couple of signs of renaissance when we looked decent in very short spells under Lambert and Sherwood and then total crash

Doug Ellis still owned us when Gabby debuted.

Â