Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

interesting to see how his chief defenders spin this. Knowing he has no chance of playing this season - he has turned down a chance to get fitness and play football to do what. He's effectively said "Nah, can't be arsed."  

What a ******* idiot. Shows his commitment to his football career. Is he really so stupid he thinks he will get another chance? or is he just after a pay-off. At this late stage in the transfer window, he gets an opportunity to play football, presumably at the same wage as he is on now (us subsidising) and get himself match sharp and potentially back in either Xia/RDMs plans (unlikely) or in the shop window for when we kick him out.

Talk about throwing someone a lifeline and them just chucking it back in your face. Gabby demonstrates yet again what a fraud he is. 

• Like 1

I'm no Gabby fan, but to be fair to him if he wanted to just sit on his arse and run down his contract earning his millions, he wouldn't be working to get back into shape, and there's photographic evidence that he is.

Perhaps he just wants to stay here and in the area and fight for another opportunity rather than having absolutely no desire to get his career going again by joining someone else.

Edited by Ginko

2 minutes ago, Ginko said:

I'm no Gabby fan, but to be fair to him if he wanted to just sit on his arse and run down his contract earning his millions, he wouldn't be working to get back into shape, and there's photographic evidence that he is.

Perhaps he just wants to stay here and in the area and fight for another opportunity rather than having absolutely no desire to get his career going again by joining someone else.

But that makes no sense. Xia has said that he and RDM told him to go out on loan to try and prove himself. 

2 minutes ago, Ginko said:

Outside chance of that, but surely taking an opportunity to get some football and prove a point is the best way to do that?!

Just now, Ginko said:

Well if that's true then he is daft or he wants to stay in the area because of his kids.

Do we know if the Reading deal was a loan or permanent?

But Reading is easily commutable from Birmingham. Especially with the money he has, he could even afford a driver to bring him back and forth.

Just now, LakotaDakota said:

has he got 3 years left?

55,000 p/w unless there was a relegation clause is another 8.6 million he is due.

Just give him 5 million & tell him to bugger off.

Would you give up £3million?

2 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

has he got 3 years left?

55,000 p/w unless there was a relegation clause is another 8.6 million he is due.

September 2018 his contract expires, so two years left

6 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

has he got 3 years left?

It would be cheaper to pay someone to 'disappear him'.

I think you're underestimating just how much money £3million is.

Unless you're a billionaire and that's chump change to you, of course :P

Edited by Ginko

5 minutes ago, Ginko said:

Would you give up £3million?

Depends, If I was a professional sportsman whose career was in the toilet being offered an opportunity to rebuild it and not be remembered by the entire footballing world as a total prick, to maintain some semblance of dignity and not end my career 5 years early, and still being paid £5m just to take the opportunity, then probably, yes. Especially if it meant that I could possibly earn more than that £3m over the remaining years of my career.

Of course, there are a couple of words there that don't fit in a sentence about Gabby - Professional, Sportsman and Dignity. 

There is one that definitely does fit...

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Like 1

Where does he go from here suggests to me that he's off someone other than Reading. Not in a cryptic way, in a half hopeful, half can't believe he would get an offer and not leave way. 

I don't care if you're homeless on the streets or a professional sportsman earning his hundreds of thousands a week, £3million is an insane amount of money to just throw away.

Either way, I'm not saying this is why he turned down moves away, I'm just playing devil's advocate and suggesting it might not be as simple as him being an unmotivated mercenary who has given up on his career when he's clearly worked hard to get back into shape.

Edited by Ginko

Â