Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

2 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

If he goes out on loan, works hard, plays well, what's the issue with then giving him another chance here? I don't think he will do those things. But if he does, I've no problem seeing him back here. People change.

But he'll still be an astonishingly average professional footballer will he not?

Where is he going to go? I don't think he will go to a Championship team, as if he is the Villa fan he suggests, he wouldn't want to be a reason for us not getting promoted. Maybe, one of the promoted sides in the Premier League might take him.e

He was abysmal last season, and very poor professional, but seems he has got himself back into shape for this season. If he has got his hunger back, and can tow the line, I feel he could be an impact sub for us. I would stick him with the U21's and see if there is improvement, then maybe he can get back in the first team squad.

It's odd the likes of Richards has been given a chance, but RDM doesn't want to give him one.

What ever happens, I hope he can finish his career with some pride.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

I have a massive problem seeing him back here

Even when he is at his best - HE IS NOT VERY GOOD

He is not good enough to be forgiven for his behaviour. If he was some sort of world beater then through gritted teeth I would put up with him BUT HE ISNT. He is shit. Anything good he did relied on speed, and he does not have that any more.

His behaviour attitude and bad influence have played a major part in us ending up where we are now.

NO MORE CHANCES FOR THIS WASTER. I cannot believe people would still give him another chance. I really, utterly cannot understand it.

I agree but I do not see this as giving him another chance. I read this to mean that "we told you to find another club. However, no one wants to buy you. We sure as hell do not want you around so we will offer to loan you. If you refuse you can stay on that bike in your living room." And then, about "next year", I think this is Xia being polite, I do not think he will ever play for us again. And I sincerely hope I am right. 

• Like 3

He  has contributed sweet FA for years now. He is meant to be a striker yet he hardly scored, put minimum effort in. He has taken the p out of us for seasons & his behaviour last season off the pitch was horrendous,acting like he was invincible & he was club captain FFS. He only ever had his speed & now that is starting to go now. Good example to all the other players I think not. I just want him gone, no more chances. 

• Like 2

Time to cut our ties as he's simply not good enough and his attitude stinks.

One thing I will say though is that in years to come when his name is mentioned it will bring back some cracking memories as a Villa fan - goals against Blues, the winner against United at Old Trafford etc.

5 hours ago, villianusa said:

Where is he going to go? I don't think he will go to a Championship team, as if he is the Villa fan he suggests, he wouldn't want to be a reason for us not getting promoted. Maybe, one of the promoted sides in the Premier League might take him.e

He was abysmal last season, and very poor professional, but seems he has got himself back into shape for this season. If he has got his hunger back, and can tow the line, I feel he could be an impact sub for us. I would stick him with the U21's and see if there is improvement, then maybe he can get back in the first team squad.

It's odd the likes of Richards has been given a chance, but RDM doesn't want to give him one.

What ever happens, I hope he can finish his career with some pride.

Interesting- why would you want him to finish his career with pride   Given his performances of the past few seasons?

14 hours ago, dounavilla said:

I see this as an excellent move by The Dr and RDM.

He goes on loan and impresses we can sell him or reintroduce him (doubt it)

He goes out and is pants (we lose a year on his contract)

He refuses, unknown reaction from Villa but will just show himself up to be a lier and it justifies what they are doing.

Either way he's a gonna which can only be good to rid the dressing room of the bad influences. 

Exactly good move from RDM and xia in my view. Surely he would walk into a team like burton Albion?

22 hours ago, KHV said:

He looks bang in shape to be fair, so far Ayew has been okay, McCormack has been poor and doesn't look fit and the less said about Gesetede the better. I think I'd rather give Gabby a run out than Gestede

No no and no 

20 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Give him a chance. If he actually wants to prove himself again and get his career back on track, Gabby will be deadly in this league. A fit gabby who actually is trying is definitely a premier league player. 

Our depth is quite shite so if he can prove to be useful, then we should use him. Keep him on a short leash though. 

And your evidence to support your theory of him being deadly in this league is based upon ?

4 hours ago, Dave J said:

Interesting- why would you want him to finish his career with pride   Given his performances of the past few seasons?

Because he is a human being after all. No matter how he may have performed I don't wish ill on anyone. I just would hope when he looks back on it all, he learned from his mistakes and was able to change. I think we are all owed that.

He's not the greatest goalscorer, or the brightest tool in the book, but over the years he has given us some good experiences. I thank him for that, even if the last few years (especially last), he let himself and the club down.

• Like 1

Â