Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

9 hours ago, Villaninireland said:

He  has contributed sweet FA for years now. He is meant to be a striker yet he hardly scored,

Without sounding like a broken record, I posted stats which show he played half of those games as a winger. I know these facts make no difference to the relentless and now tired bashing. So I will let you all carry on. lol

7 hours ago, villianusa said:

Because he is a human being after all. No matter how he may have performed I don't wish ill on anyone. I just would hope when he looks back on it all, he learned from his mistakes and was able to change. I think we are all owed that.

He's not the greatest goalscorer, or the brightest tool in the book, but over the years he has given us some good experiences. I thank him for that, even if the last few years (especially last), he let himself and the club down.

Well I completely agree and acknowledge when you say that you wish him no- ill will. Neither do I - I'm sure my posts re Gabby will reflect this. I post only on his ability as a professional footballer and nothing more.

No honestly, there are few people that have managed to be in the right place at the right time and end up stealing a living, Gabby is one, a very lucky boy indeed. 

You should assess a striker by his stats and Gabbys are poor, he hasn't scored enough and hasn't assisted and contributed anywhere near enough to be on a 5 year £57k/wk salary. Club captain, give me a break, he owes the club, he can repay us by leaving.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

Seems Sheffield Wednesday are in need of a new striker would be a perfect opportunity for him to get some good game time and restart things. He really did just go off the rails and needs a fresh start. 

Hope he's agent is on this one 

8 hours ago, Garvey13 said:

Seems Sheffield Wednesday are in need of a new striker would be a perfect opportunity for him to get some good game time and restart things. He really did just go off the rails and needs a fresh start. 

Hope he's agent is on this one 

If Tony stopped Bennett's move there he is unlikely to agree to Gabby going there. I can't see him going to a different Championship side.

If Hull came in for him no brainer for all parties but cannot imagine them wanting him. I can imagine it either being Walsall or Celtic/Rangers. Either Local or a league that he might do ok in and can vaguely pay some of his wages.

From what Tony said I wouldn't be surprised if it is a loan until January and review the position then.

15 hours ago, Harry said:

The fact he is apparently making an effort both fitness and PR wise now when he seems to be finished at Villa tells me all I need to know.  

Damned if you do, damned if you don't, at least he is trying. If he wasn't it would be the same story, some people just hate him full stop.

To be honest with the way some hate him now, It almost reminds me of a boxer who needs to retire but keeps punishing himself.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Harry said:

The fact he is apparently making an effort both fitness and PR wise now when he seems to be finished at Villa tells me all I need to know.  

Couldn't agree more. Pity he couldn't be arsed last season when we needed him most.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Damned if you do, damned if you don't, at least he is trying. If he wasn't it would be the same story, some people just hate him full stop.

To be honest with the way some hate him now, It almost reminds me of a boxer who needs to retire but keeps punishing himself.

I don't hate Gabby, the emotion I would say I have is disappointment.

When he first burst onto the scene he was almost unplayable. I don't agree with his detractors who say all he had was pace. He had skill, not say like Grealish but enough with his pace to be a very good premiership grade footballer. Where my disappointment stems from is the way he has wasted his career. He has been little short of a passenger for the last three seasons or so and at a time when we most needed him. He simply seemed to most he could not be arsed. I have no idea whether he is bad influence in the dressing room, that seems to be the view which is sad because he ought to be role model and mentor for young players coming through our academy.

Pictures like the one above, pictures of him looked ripped and pictures of his exercise bike smack to me of a cynical attempt to curry favour with the media, the fan base and possibly the club. Its too little too late sadly.

The real shame is I think a fully firing and fit Gabby could really have offered something to us in this league. Having said that I am trusting RDM and Clark on this one and that is days at Villa are coming to an end.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Harry said:

He's looked after Mo last couple of seasons in fairness, gave him VIP tickets for cup semi final.

This isn't really a stick to beat Gabby with....you've got plenty of other things to do that.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He's looked after Mo last couple of seasons in fairness, gave him VIP tickets for cup semi final.

This isn't really a stick to beat Gabby with....you've got plenty of other things to do that.

That is true, I am still wondering if some people realise my quote and comment on the picture was satire. Beating them to it if you will. lol

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

If he goes to another Championship team I just know he will score at Villa Park

If its a loan then he can't play can he? Although i'm not sure if they changed that rule...

Surely that shouldn't be a worry based on how useless you say he is. Aint it usually along the lines of almost like playing with 10 men etc.? Surely it should be motivation to "weaken" a rival?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

It was more at Harry than you JV.

I don't know the background to Mo and I know Gabby has done plenty of worthy things over his time at the club. My observation was not about what he done from a charitable/good cause angle but actually about the timing of the release of the photo.

As I said in my original post its all about disappointment.

1 hour ago, Harry said:

I don't know the background to Mo and I know Gabby has done plenty of worthy things over his time at the club. My observation was not about what he done from a charitable/good cause angle but actually about the timing of the release of the photo.

As I said in my original post its all about disappointment.

Well he dosen't have anything to do on match days now. At least he turned up to the game to watch rather than go shopping as Bent did once!

• Like 1

Â