Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

after all the negativity that will boil up in this forum in next few hours, well Gabby had a really good game and no coincidence the ball never stuck when Gabby went off

He is the best of a terrible bunch. Has a moment of brilliance which led to a goal. He also did well to create that chance for Sinclair, but the pass was off. He should be starting though unless Sinclair is put up top when Traore comes back. 

after all the negativity that will boil up in this forum in next few hours, well Gabby had a really good game and no coincidence the ball never stuck when Gabby went off

your are kidding right? A really good game. For goodness sake he was no more than average. It strikes me that Gabby fans are just waiting for any type of performance to boost him up. And for anyone to say that nothing stuck when he went off is simply laughable, what I will say in his defence  is that he was no worse today than any of our other strikers and this should be a huge concern for all of us. I fear goals will be at a premium from our strike force this season and the expectation on Traore's shoulders is building rapidly 

• Like 1

Was alright.

For all his faults we at least have a reasonably structured attacking unit today, someone quick to lead the line and creators behind him. It all went to pot when Ayew and Gestede graced the pitch, we had nothing in attack then even with momentum shifting.

Trouble is we need the leader of the line to score goals with no Benteke around to do that anymore. Gabby with all the hope in the world just can't do that so as much as it pains me to say it as I don't really want him after the way he messed us over in the summer, I think it's a case of needs must and see if Adebayor is interested in still playing football.

Was alright.

For all his faults we at least have a reasonably structured attacking unit today, someone quick to lead the line and creators behind him. It all went to pot when Ayew and Gestede graced the pitch, we had nothing in attack then even with momentum shifting.

Trouble is we need the leader of the line to score goals with no Benteke around to do that anymore. Gabby with all the hope in the world just can't do that so as much as it pains me to say it as I don't really want him after the way he messed us over in the summer, I think it's a case of needs must and see if Adebayor is interested in still playing football.

I absolutely agree Tim should get on the phone and ask him, much as it goes against the grain to pander to a well and truly pampered professional footballer. IMO

Edited by Dave J
forgot to add something

If we're playing with one up front, then at least until Ayew/Gestede can displace him, Gabby absolutely has to be first choice. He wasn't great today, but was a nuisance for the Leicester defence, an outlet forward ball when we were boxed in at the start of the game, gets an assist, inches away from another assist. He held the ball up decently, not amazing but he did a good job of bringing the likes of Grealish, Gil and Sinclair into the game. I thought there were encouraging signs from the first half that Sinclair and Gabby could well up top together, that's a lot of pace for opposition defences to worry about, and with tricky attacking midfielders behind them as well. We were switching up our attacks and looked really dangerous when our front four players congregated around the Leicester box for the first hour today. 

Some seem to be saying Gabby had a terrible game today, and they don't want to ever see him start for us again, but he looks miles more useful than any of the other options ATM, and had a hand in some of best forward play. 6.5/10 performance, whether you think he's good enough or not, Gabby will play an important part for us this year, it's clear to see that he is a leader in the squad. 

He was good by his recent standards and put some hard yards in but once again his engine was spluttering after half an hour ..... he just doesn't have a 90 minute or even 60 minute game left in him anymore.

Still think he could be a massive player for us as a perennial supersub, coming on for last 20 minutes against flagging defencemen and destroying them for pace. Come on Tim - do it !

Its well documented on here, I am not a Gabby fan...... but

He was the only offensive player holding the ball up ( defensive work)...... They could learn  a lot from him on that score.

This was not a game IMO where Gabby Agbonlahor can be heavily criticised, I think his pace has faded but played like an experienced forward.

He was way above Ayew and Gestede in his ability to hold the ball.

• Like 2

I thought he was very good yesterday and with his work rate certainly kept the Leicester back line on their toes. He got one assist and it could/should have been two.

It is a thankless task playing up top on your own but I actually think he does it very well and always puts a shift in. I think by his very presence and the threat of his pace defenders are very wary of him and this does open up space for others.

With the players we have at the moment then for me he still starts more often than not.

You don't need one.

PREMIER League rat Gabby Agbonlahor has been kicked out by his long-term partner after she discovered his ex was having his baby.

The Aston Villa love cheat, 28, behaved “disgracefully” by hooking up with Laura Hughes behind the back of Liz Wheeler, mother of two of his young kids.

Liz, 28, got together with the striker in 2006 on a Greek holiday while he was seeing Laura. But she has now booted him out of their £3.2million pad after he confessed all following a tip-off by friends. 

'Heartbroken' ... beautician Liz

'Heartbroken' ... beautician Liz

The beautician — mum to Gabriel Jnr, seven, and Evelyn, four — said: “Laura is the one who has destroyed my life. 

“She is vile. She is scum. Gabby knows she has ruined his life as well. Frankly I am heartbroken. 

“He thought he was getting away with what they were doing, having fun behind my back.

“Now he’s lost me and the kids. But he’s made his bed and he can lie on it. I’m gone.

“He admitted the whole thing in May. I kicked him out and could not tell you where he is now.”

The couple are living apart after selling their six-bedroom mock-Georgian mansion on the exclusive Little Aston Park estate in Sutton Coldfield, West Mids, in July.

Flogged ... the couple have now sold their six-bedroom mansion

Flogged ... the couple have now sold their six-bedroom mansion

The £60,000-a-week Villa club captain, capped three times for England, has since bought nail bar owner Laura, 29, a £275,000 gated apartment in the area. 

She had his baby son six weeks ago and registered the birth last Wednesday, naming him Albee-Ivan Iyenoma Agbonlahor. 

The space on the birth certificate for the dad’s name was left blank.

A former pal of the couple said: “Gabby has behaved terribly. A typical loaded footballer. It’s a disgrace. It got to be a bit of an open secret that Gabby had started seeing Laura again.

“But it seemed the only person who didn’t know in Sutton Coldfield was poor Liz.”

Registered ... Albee-Ivan Iyenoma Agbonlahor's birth certificate

Registered ... Albee-Ivan Iyenoma Agbonlahor's birth certificate

Liz last night told of a tense but “civil” chat with a heavily pregnant Laura in TGI Friday’s in Sutton Coldfield after she rumbled them.

But she said the two got involved in an “effing and blinding” text exchange earlier this month.

She recalled: “I saw her in TGIs when I went in there with my mum and daughter for a coffee just before the school run.

“We talked face to face. I could see she was heavily pregnant and it was after I kicked Gabby out.

“She was just sitting there and I had questions for her about what had been going on. She was civil to me then.”

But she said Laura’s mood was to change dramatically weeks later. 

Liz revealed: “I texted her after the birth and she said something like, ‘Well it was Gabby got me pregnant’. I then messaged her saying, ‘But you chose to have it’.” Laura then blew her top at Liz calling her baby boy “it”.

Liz went on: “I said, ‘It’s not to be malicious about a child but it’s because I didn’t know the baby’s name. She just lost her mind and was effing and blinding.”

'Role model' ... Gabby playing for Aston Villa

'Role model' ... Gabby playing for Aston Villa

Action Images

Liz said she now only has contact with the footballer when he sees their two kids, adding: “Gabby is still the father of my children.

“He and Laura both knew what they were doing to me and my family. Gabby and I are finished. It’s over. I’m starting a new life.”

It’s not the first time an Agbonlahor ex has caused Liz grief.

A 25-year-old childhood sweetheart was given a 12-week suspended jail sentence and a 10-year restraining order by magistrates in 2012 after a four-year Facebook “hate campaign” against Liz.

Affair ... nail bar owner Laura Hughes

Affair ... nail bar owner Laura Hughes

Last night Laura came to the door of her plush ground-floor flat carrying little Albee-Ivan.

But she then slammed it shut after being asked to comment, shouting: “No thank you.”

A spokesman for Aston Villa said that Agbonlahor will not be commenting on the matter.

But his behaviour will disappoint thousands of young Villa fans who see him as a role model.

He has been hailed as a “community champion” and has been an ambassador for Acorns Children’s Hospice in Birmingham since 2011.

Why does he look so grumpy in the team photo?

Probably because of this :D:D

The couple moved out of "their" 6 bedroom mansion in Little Aston after selling it. Pretty sure that should read they moved out of Gabby's mansion unless his ex missus is the world's most expensive beautician :D

Â