Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Should be fourth choice behind Ayew, Gestede and Kozak.

Gabby has proven season in season out he is not good enough. Time to give other players decent spells in the side to prove they are worthy of playing for the club.

I'm worried you might have to change your name come the end of the week. 

No need - it is adaptable to brum stop dogs if we lose;)

• Like 1

Gabby wasn't the problem yesterday, the times the ball was played over the defenders for him to run onto it were the times we had a shot.

Most of the time though it was just launched into him as if we have Benteke still playing for us.

Edited by Bradd92

How was gabby not the problem yesterday

He didn't score which is his role when was the last time he scored and how many times has he played since then?

Think the last time he scored for us was last March if he continues to lead the line as our main striker we will not score enough goals to stay in this division

Edited by AshVilla

The problem is the service, it takes a pretty special player to feed on scraps and aimless balls forward with very little support and score goals (like Benteke), those are few and far between and not many clubs use a striker like that. We need to improve the service into him (or whoever is played up front) and allow them to play to their strengths.

Gabbys strength is his physicality so we need to get him on the shoulder and ping good balls down the line to him and get players up and in the box supporting as quickly as possible. Even if this fails it will force the defence back to counter his pace which will either force their whole team back, allowing us to get on the front foot or open up space for the likes of Gil and Grealish. It worked yesterday and he set up probably our best chance in the game, unfortunately we reverted back to floating the ball forward afterwards

If we continue to float aimless balls forward to him on his own surrounded by defenders twice his size it simply won't work. The only players that would make that work are the likes of Costa, even Benteke struggled with this tactic under PL, I thought Sherwood had put a stop to it!

• Like 1

at moment he is best of what we have

Is he really? How will we ever find out if the 20 million worth of players sat on the bench or not even in the starting eleven are any better? Considering nobody else is getting a look in on a regular basis he appears to have a guaranteed spot within the team and is undroppable

Witch hunt.

So pointing out a striker that isn't doing there job to the detriment of the team is a witch hunt right....

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 2

I don't know what the conception of 'his job' is. If you (or Sherwood for that matter) believe 'his job' is to create chances from nothing, ala Benteke against Palace last year, then I agree he's not doing his job, but that's also a naive belief. It seemed to me he did about as well as he could yesterday, which isn't saying much but probably says more about the state of the team, the commitment of Albion's defending, and fairly poor performances from Grealish and Sinclair. 

His job as a striker leading the line is to score goals like you say he does not have the attributes to create a chance from nothing and he does not hold the ball up like a target man would and bring others into play you just look at his assist record too see that so what does he exactly bring to the table other than running around i remember Weimann doing that alot

He hasn't scored a goal in over 600 minutes of football so he should either revert to a wide position so someone else can have a go up front or be dropped from the side completely

• Like 1

Gabby hasn't been great, but who has. Our midfielders haven't been able to feed him with balls behind defenders at all. It's a waste to lump long balls to him, that's not his game.

Gabby is more more useful than Gestede, that's clear (at least to me).

Â