Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Just to clarify, what personal abuse has he been subjected to?

You don't have to go further than this thread for people wishing he was injured, pulling out stuff about his mom or telling him he's nothing but shit. I think sadly the answer to your question is anywhere that fans have been asked to submit an opinion. 

Not unless my question was on what media outlets has he been subject to personal abuse.

I specifically asked what personal abuse he had been subjected to as a lot of fans on here have posted how he shouldnt have been subjected to "that kind of abuse" etc etc.  I'm just wondering what kind they are talking about

Just to clarify, what personal abuse has he been subjected to?

You don't have to go further than this thread for people wishing he was injured, pulling out stuff about his mom or telling him he's nothing but shit. I think sadly the answer to your question is anywhere that fans have been asked to submit an opinion. 

Not unless my question was on what media outlets has he been subject to personal abuse.

I specifically asked what personal abuse he had been subjected to as a lot of fans on here have posted how he shouldnt have been subjected to "that kind of abuse" etc etc.  I'm just wondering what kind they are talking about

You don't have to go further than this thread for people wishing he was injured, pulling out stuff about his mom or telling him he's nothing but shit.

Just saw the instagram thing. Have to keep in mind he may have posted that from the toilet. Feeling a bit sorry for himself because he can't stop pooping and the fans are being mean to him. I imagine the intelligent footballers don't pay any attention to comments on social media or even this beacon of intelligent debate, but I'm not sure he falls into that category. In fact when I hit post on this eh post I wouldn't be overly surprised if he got a notification to his phone.

'Wishes do come true' I'm guessing is him saying 'be careful what you wish for'. There are tens of clubs interested in me from all over Hull and Blackburn. 

I think he's a very inconsistent player who is plagued by confidence problems. I think he annoys defences occasionally and for that reason he's in the team. He's a player that you can be sure will do exactly as he's told and has some skill with the ball at his feet, so Sherwood can get him to do all the stuff that gets no credit from the fans, and he won't complain about it. I have to assume that's what he does, otherwise he wouldn't be getting into the team. Because he's certainly not in the team to do things he's likely to get credit for, because he's not doing them. 

• Like 1

Yes, I think it's a *social media problem* as opposed to a specifically *Villa fan problem*. Social media seems to have made people angrier and with this belief that it's fine to harrass people and say things online you would never say to someone's face.

It is so much easier to insult someone remotely than face to face. A viciousness has crept into society, together with a callousness about people and their feelings, and that seems to be what turns people into keyboard warriors. When you using whatever media you use, and this is what I try to do, have the mindset that you are talking to a person or persons, and couch your posts accordingly. There is absolutely no reason for insulting posts about Agbonlahor or any other player. A reasoned critique of performances is much more effective.

**** off you smelly clearing in the woods...

(I genuinely hope you get a lid on your body odour issues, thinking of you bro)...

I've been accused of being a bully on this site. Maybe at times I've pushed the banter a bit far but Christ, I look out at the rest of the internet and wonder where the **** did we all go so wrong. It makes me sad, it's why VT is the only form of social media I'll touch these days, a moderated form, which in itself makes the liberal in me die a little inside.

Human beings simply cannot control themselves. They are selfish, ignorant, childish and weak. I don't mind if we die out soon and leave the universe to it, after I've had my run that is!

It really is weird, and it does seem to have happened over the last five years or so. Every now and then, you get a trial of someone who has been sending rape threats to eg. female politicians or celebrities, and they always look so normal, and so confused why they're there, it's bizarre. How did we get to a point where the 'new normal' is posting abhorrent shit about people directly to their social media from an anonymous account?

If I were a footballer I wouldn't have any form of social media, and I wouldn't ever google my own name. 

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 1

Its nothing personal to Gabby, but this club should be bigger than any player and if we want success then its winners that we need.  The times have passed where a player had time to recover form and if you don't score as a striker then you may as well not be in the team.  Just like being a centre half who cannot head the ball!!  I was at the game at OT when he scored the wining goal.  That miss at Crystal Palace probably cost us the game.  It's for his sake he moves on and he supported Arsenal as a kid anyway.  As to training him to cross the ball perhaps it was attempted, but failed.  I watch what opposing players do with him when he has the ball and its not a lot, they just let him run with it as he does nothing anyway.  Doncaster are an up and coming club and he may find that they are his level now.  Imagine if had played for Notts County on Tuesday evening what would be your opinion of him?

I take it he was one of the players affected by the bug this week?

Bizarrely, I think we could have done with him yesterday....

With Sunderland sitting deep for large parts of the match I don't think he would've done much

Gabby's the sort of player to bring on if you're one up and your backs to the wall. Just to relieve the pressure and nick one on the break. He has about as much chance of unlocking a tight defence as Carlton Palmer.

Just out of interest anyone know how many assists he's had throughout his career?

Gabby's the sort of player to bring on if you're one up and your backs to the wall. Just to relieve the pressure and nick one on the break. He has about as much chance of unlocking a tight defence as Carlton Palmer.

No he isn't. Lambert did a few times,he never got in the game and on several occasions he was caught sleeping from set pieces

• Like 1

Interesting quotes on the OS from Sherwood. Let's engage in some Kremlinology - is this a statement of support, or a backhanded way of saying we'll be seeing a lot less of Gabby? Answers below please:

Tim Sherwood has spoken of the vital role Gabby Agbonlahor has at Villa.

Sherwood insists the 28-year-old, who has started all three Barclays Premier League games he's been available for, is crucial on the pitch - and off it too.

Agbonlahor is the longest-serving player in the claret and blue squad.

And Sherwood says that fact isn't lost on him as he looks to bed in a host of new starlets.

He said: "Gabby has got a huge part to play.

"We've bought a lot of new boys into this club and the likes of Gabby, Ciaran and Westy have got a crucial role to play for me in that dressing room this year.

"He's club captain. I don't underestimate the role he plays at this club.

"It's crucial for a manager to have some lieutenants.

"Gabby is one of them along with the other boys who have been around this club for a long time."

• Like 1

Interesting quotes on the OS from Sherwood. Let's engage in some Kremlinology - is this a statement of support, or a backhanded way of saying we'll be seeing a lot less of Gabby? Answers below please:

Tim Sherwood has spoken of the vital role Gabby Agbonlahor has at Villa.

Sherwood insists the 28-year-old, who has started all three Barclays Premier League games he's been available for, is crucial on the pitch - and off it too.

Agbonlahor is the longest-serving player in the claret and blue squad.

And Sherwood says that fact isn't lost on him as he looks to bed in a host of new starlets.

He said: "Gabby has got a huge part to play.

"We've bought a lot of new boys into this club and the likes of Gabby, Ciaran and Westy have got a crucial role to play for me in that dressing room this year.

"He's club captain. I don't underestimate the role he plays at this club.

"It's crucial for a manager to have some lieutenants.

"Gabby is one of them along with the other boys who have been around this club for a long time."

Brilliant....

• Like 1

Â