Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

I'm guessing now's a bad time to mention that the game against Stoke was Gabby's 341st, moving him level with Peter McParland in 21st on the all time appearances chart. If you're interested, McParland got 121 goals in his 341 appearances, Gabby has 81 in his.

As you were.

He might yet replicate the great Peter Mcparland and score the winning goal in the cup final this year  :)

• Like 1

I'm guessing now's a bad time to mention that the game against Stoke was Gabby's 341st, moving him level with Peter McParland in 21st on the all time appearances chart. If you're interested, McParland got 121 goals in his 341 appearances, Gabby has 81 in his.

As you were.

He might yet replicate the great Peter Mcparland and score the winning goal in the cup final this year  :)

He probably stands more chance of getting a red card for trying to decapitate the goalkeeper...

<sorry, couldn't resist...>

Come on Gabby - if you're in the team, XXXXing come on!

He's not, nor has ever been, a PL standard forward. One way or another he won't be one next season.

I think that is harsh. He has been effective in the past, its just the last few years he has been awful. .

Not even remotely harsh, quite the opposite if you ask me, in fact i would say it's bang on the money. Get rid now and do us all a favour.

My argument was that it was harsh to say he has never been PL standard. He clearly has in the past been a very decent PL striker. He's shit now, i agree!

with due respect I understood what you meant, however i say again it's not even a Little harsh as in my view also he's never Been PL standard

As you were.

I would say that the number of games is just about the only association between the 2 players I could muster.

but hey, its interesting how we all have different views on relevance.

Shouldn't have been given a new contract and shouldn't be in the team.

In the approx 33 hours of football he has played this season he has managed 3 goals and 0 assists.

Shocking!

So he's scored 25% of our goals then?

We need someone in finance to analyse this.
  • Like 2

Thats all his stats for Saturday.  No crosses, not take on's, no nothing.  How this guy gets on every week is baffling to me.  I don’t think Sherwood will be fooled for long.

Passes          14 out 18 successful
Tackles         1 out 1 successful
Aerial Duels    3 out 9 successful
Shots        1

But he wasn't shit in 2012/13 season though. 9 league goals, mostly in the second half of the season

He just had a great run of games, as he did the previous season under McLeish, and quickly returned to being rubbish,

So what do we have, a good player with many and long bad spells, or a poor player with a good run of games every now and then?

We have a player who seems to be a professional footballer because he was unbelievably fast. He then decided to bulk up and his main asset is diminishing.

I blame the coaches at our club as much as Gabby for thinking that bulking up so much would be a good idea.

• Like 2

We have a player who seems to be a professional footballer because he was unbelievably fast. He then decided to bulk up and his main asset is diminishing.

I blame the coaches at our club as much as Gabby for thinking that bulking up so much would be a good idea.

Yes I totally agree. He should have taken up Michael Johnson's offer to make him faster instead of putting on loads of muscle

In the approx 33 hours of football he has played this season he has managed 3 goals and 0 assists.

Shocking!

I'd volunteer, but I'm not sure I can compete with BTD's strategy of repeating the same post over and over again until everyone gives up ;)

First you need to know if that is net goals.

• Like 2

Shocking!

I'd volunteer, but I'm not sure I can compete with BTD's strategy of repeating the same post over and over again until everyone gives up ;)

First you need to know if that is net goals.

Net goals :)  

Ha! I see what you did there

• Like 2

I think he's a genius personally.

Think about it , he can't score, shoot,pass, cross, head basically all the attributes needed for a footballer yet he is managing to do this in England's top division with one of the greatest clubs and be paid shed loads of cash for doing piss all.

If I could find the hand clap gif I woul play it and dedicate it to gabby.

I doubt a double team of pirot & Jessica Fletcher could solve this one.

• Like 2

Thats all his stats for Saturday.  No crosses, not take on's, no nothing.  How this guy gets on every week is baffling to me.  I don’t think Sherwood will be fooled for long.

Passes          14 out 18 successful

Tackles         1 out 1 successful

Aerial Duels    3 out 9 successful

Shots        1

I really didn't think he played that well!

At a push, I would use him as a sub when we are chasing the game with 20 minutes left.

Â