Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Thats all his stats for Saturday.  No crosses, not take on's, no nothing.  How this guy gets on every week is baffling to me.  I don’t think Sherwood will be fooled for long.

Passes          14 out 18 successful

Tackles         1 out 1 successful

Aerial Duels    3 out 9 successful

Shots        1

I really didn't think he played that well!

At a push, I would use him as a sub when we are chasing the game with 20 minutes left.

The majority of them 14 passes were about 5 yards backwards.

whats happened to him??

hes never been prolific.. but towards the end of the season.. when we have been in trouble hes stepped up and saved us a few times. He used to score in crucial matches. His passion used to show and hed fight and work hard.

Those days just seem gone.. he looks lazy and seems like he doesnt give a shit anymore. Money got to his head? Injury? hes over the club? Maybve he needs to get a move..  Only way i can describe it.. hes gone stale.

Arsenal at home. I believe the stat was that he completed 4 passes, 2 of which were kick-offs. 

That really says a lot about his work rate

I'm actually tempted to watch the tape of that game and work out how he managed to do so little. I mean, you'd have thought he'd have been more involved by accident. 

Got a feeling he's going to snap out of his reveries and get us some vital goals between now and the end of the season.

Yeah, and I'm going to win the lottery and shag Sarah Silverman. 

• Like 2

Gabby has been shot for quite a while. He shouldn't even be in the match day squad let alone the starting 11. When he was at school he was only picked for the football team because he could run faster than anyone else. He really isn't a footballer.

whats happened to him??

hes never been prolific.. but towards the end of the season.. when we have been in trouble hes stepped up and saved us a few times. He used to score in crucial matches. His passion used to show and hed fight and work hard.

Those days just seem gone.. he looks lazy and seems like he doesnt give a shit anymore. Money got to his head? Injury? hes over the club? Maybve he needs to get a move..  Only way i can describe it.. hes gone stale.

What's happened to him? You just have to look at him off pitch with the antics he gets up to, children with numerous women etc - with all that going on, I'm not surprised he's not focused on his football. In a counter attacking team his pace helped, but now we have changed strategy, his one big asset (his pace) doesn't help us anymore. I feel like he's turning into another Vassel/Joachim type player, great pace, but that's about it.

• Like 1

I just wrote in the Weimann thread about him having good movement but no technical ability. Gabby is different he is just an athlete and always had been, yes he made improvements to his game over the years and brought us some fantastic moments but there is a reason none of the big boys took him when we were being dismantled. Our good players around him made him the player he was, now he has to stand tall he has shown just how poor he is.

I appreciate his service but it is time for him to drop from the first team and has been for a while, why the hell has he been captaining the team? Such a poor choice.

• Like 2

off-field antics, gone stale, passed his best!!!  this is poppy cock, it's really very simple he is just not a very good footballer and quite frankly he never has been either. 

Probably a bit harsh, when he burst onto the scene he had masses of potential but he just never developed. I seem to remember there was talk years ago of Arsenal being interested but that just seems laughable now. Put bluntly is is lazy. He knows he will virtually always get a start and he is happy to stay being 'Mr Villa'. That in many ways has been he problem, a chronic lack of ambition both with us and in terms of moving to a so called bigger club.

If we stay in the PL I would definitely move him on but if we go down I have this sneaking suspicion he could score loads in the Championship as I think that is probably now his level. A bit like Bent really.

off-field antics, gone stale, passed his best!!!  this is poppy cock, it's really very simple he is just not a very good footballer and quite frankly he never has been either. 

Probably a bit harsh, when he burst onto the scene he had masses of potential but he just never developed. I seem to remember there was talk years ago of Arsenal being interested but that just seems laughable now. Put bluntly is is lazy. He knows he will virtually always get a start and he is happy to stay being 'Mr Villa'. That in many ways has been he problem, a chronic lack of ambition both with us and in terms of moving to a so called bigger club.

If we stay in the PL I would definitely move him on but if we go down I have this sneaking suspicion he could score loads in the Championship as I think that is probably now his level. A bit like Bent really.

With respect i don't consider it harsh in any way at all. I have never rated this clown to be honest with you. As for scoring in the championship? i wouldn't take that as a given either, the championship is a very strong, competitive league with not a lot of time or room to play in, and I'm sure even Gabby's most staunchest fans would admit close control is not one of his assets. I honestly feel that whatever league we are in next year it's time to part company.

Â