Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Reading this thread I'm always surprised to rediscover that he's our third highest goalscorer in the last thirty years - he's done well for himself considering.

In fairness, that last bit is the strangest thing about Gabby - he's got limitations and lots of them, but a lot of people talk about him like he's never done anything for the club when he's actually achieved a huge amount on a personal level, he's been our top scorer in two seasons, he's scored 81 goals, he's made 340 appearances - he's the biggest mystery in Villa history, because apparently he's cack - but he's likely finish amongst the top 15 goal scorers and in the top 15 for appearances made in 140 odd years.

Waster.

its the amount of games he's played that has allowed him to accumulate the goals tally which can be misleading when talking in prolific terms.....most of his peers were never allowed to accumulate that many games....shows how lethargic we have become in terms of management over the last decade.

Most of his peers were unable to accumulate the appearances Gabby has, largely down to injury in fairness - the likes of Brian Little and Gary Shaw didn't get that opportunity, Gabby has proven more durable than them. I don't think his contribution to the club in the eleven years he's been in the first team squad should be underestimated in it's own right. If he retired tomorrow he'd have done enough to be very fondly remembered, and it's still possible he could be here another six or seven years.

The beauty about this game is the difference of opinion....I personally would not put him in the same class as Shaw and Little....for sure he has scored some well executed and valuable goals...but for me, he has more iffy games than them....so for consistency of performance I would go with Brian & Gary, they were technicians.

Good Lord; please people i don't want him for another six weeks!!!. And just how he can be put even in the same sentence as the likes of Shaw and Little fills me with utter dismay 

For all his faults Gabby has scored some of the most important goals and assists in recent years, when we are doing well it's usually in part because of him. He never moans or blames others.

This season i don't know what has happened to him though, whether it's niggling injuries or just a sense of not knowing where he should play to best help the team has made him look lost and disinterested.

He needs a lot of work put in to get him firing, hopefully Sherwood or KMac can do that.

I am very angry and fed up with him because i have seen what he can do and when he does so little in a match i call for his head like many, but i still recognise what he has done for the club and what he could potentially still do.

Compare him to Nzogbia who has done little and is never likely to do anything and maybe some will realise we are being a bit harsh on Gabby. 

We should get rid if we can, he's 28, he's as good as he's ever going to be. He'll never be the same player he was playing alongside Young and Carew,  and he's survived on a good game every few months for the last 5 seasons. 

Edited by Davkaus

We should get rid if we can, he's 28, he's as good as he's ever going to be. He'll never be the same player he was playing alongside Young and Carew,  and he's survived on a good game every few months for the last 5 seasons. 

I honestly think Gabby looked better than he really was because he played alongside Carew. Carew were such a tank back in the day.

Â