Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

I actually think he was alright today.

Certainly did more than Weimamm

This probably says all we need to know about where this guy's status really is. He was ' all-right' today. I was done with him 4-5 years back and just want him out of not only the team, but the club as well.

And nearly got onto a chance in the first few minutes.

So yes he didn look like scoring.

Woul dmuch rather he played than Weimann.

Your kidding right???
No.

Which part of my post sounds like I'm kidding?

And nearly got onto a chance in the first few minutes.

So yes he didn look like scoring.

Woul dmuch rather he played than Weimann.

Your kidding right???
No.

Which part of my post sounds like I'm kidding?

I agree, I'd play him over Weimann all day long.

Is it a coincidence that every manager since he broke into the team has consistently played him? He's been dropped a couple of times, but he has been a major player under every manager we've had since MON, if memory serves even DOL played him a fair bit at the tail end before MON came along. There have been fans consistently throughout this entire period claiming that he "is not a PL footballer" and "wouldn't get into a Sunday league team", so what are we to think? Has every manager he's played under since he arrived at the Villa youth team been clueless and the fans right? Or maybe the fans are wrong?

Reminds me a lot of Heskey, so many people couldn't see the good that he brought to teams and were blinded by his lack of goals but the professionals, the managers could all see it, and he always played. For me it's been the same with Gabby the last few years, this year has been largely terrible which is a great stick to beat him with, but so has everyone else on the team so it's hardly fair to single him out as the player that needs to go, when he's performed no worse than anyone in our attack this season

watched Glenn Murray score 2 tonight.....no where near the skill of our forwards.

but desire, bravery, application.....its amazing where it will take you.

ours have go no composure as well as confidence.

• Like 2

league 1 player

I think he would easily bang in 10+ in the championship. Him and Kozak up top could be decent.

Yep I think he would be good in championship. I think plans are already in place to clear out a lot of players if we go down

And still the Gabby apologists try to defend him. With all due respect why? He simply offers nothing. I'm not saying that Weimann is any great shakes, but at least he puts in a shift.

I don't see many people defending him.

All I said was I'd play him ahead of Weimann, and that was only based on yesterday's performance because, for once, gabby actually played alright.

To be honest my first XI wouldn't include gabby or andi

Edited by Stevo985

He'll struggle in the Championship. I think he would struggle in any division. He  isn't a very good footballer. Don't think he was ever that good to be honest. Simply had better players around him once. They did the hard bits for him. Get rid ASP please. Sick of seeing him coast through games, smiling and laughing on his arse as we go down to yet another defeat.

• Like 1

Â