Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Sherwood said he was brilliant in training this week but once again he was crap when it matters.

Unlike Lambert I get the feeling Sherwood won't be fooled again, he'll be dropped for Newcastle and will have to start scoring some goals in his sub appearances to get back in the starting 11.

I didn't go today, did we play him directly upfront or in his usual wide position. Worrying if he couldn't do anything against Wolscheid and Wilson which was badly exposed for pace by Blackburn last week.

I saw Sherwood giving the universal sign language for "when the big man comes deep for the flick, you make the run forward past him", and Gabby just shrugged his shoulders at him. 

Awful, awful player.

Edited by adz.villa

He's lost his pace now. Any team with sense would have realised he is too limited in other areas of his game to be worth his 4 years at 50k/week or whatever.

I always thought, the second this guy becomes ineffective at chasing the channels and creating space in wide areas he'd be finished....he reached that point last season but we rewarded him for it :(

Stuck up for him for far too long just because he is a Villa boy...

Now... All I can say is: **** him... He did bugger all yesterday; can't remember him touching the ball once, let alone making any positive impact on the game...

Either he needs to buck his ideas up or we should flog him to some Armenian Premier League side which is where he will find his level...

@PaulRG14: Gabby vs Heskey last 2 seasons playing for villa. Both scored 7. Gabby 55 games, Heskey 54 #avfc

For all his faults, and he is an absolute donkey, one thing heskey always did was put a shift in. (Even considering the time he spent sitting on the grass). Gabby doesn't even do that. He isn't even worthy of a seat on our lovely new bench. Let him sit in his box until the end of the season and then beg another club to take him.

• Like 1

The fans started giving cleverly groans when he was on the ball. Why does this not happen with Agbonlahor, is it because he is never on the ball? I know its sad but i got satisfaction when i saw a picture of him in a hospital bed last week. Thought he was getting some big operation. Turns out it was only fat reduction surgery, the thing Kenny Rodgers swears by.

He's not, nor has ever been, a PL standard forward. One way or another he won't be one next season.

I think that is harsh. He has been effective in the past, its just the last few years he has been awful. .

• Like 1

He's not, nor has ever been, a PL standard forward. One way or another he won't be one next season.

I think that is harsh. He has been effective in the past, its just the last few years he has been awful. .

Not even remotely harsh, quite the opposite if you ask me, in fact i would say it's bang on the money. Get rid now and do us all a favour. 

Stuck up for him for far too long just because he is a Villa boy...

Now... All I can say is: **** him... He did bugger all yesterday; can't remember him touching the ball once, let alone making any positive impact on the game...

Either he needs to buck his ideas up or we should flog him to some Armenian Premier League side which is where he will find his level...

Thankfully i never bought in to the whole ' villa fan' nonsense that has protected him from the wrath of the supporters that his performances would have totally justified, however i am glad that most fans are seeing beyond this now and realising what a clown he really is.

Not even remotely harsh, quite the opposite if you ask me, in fact i would say it's bang on the money. Get rid now and do us all a favour. 

My argument was that it was harsh to say he has never been PL standard. He clearly has in the past been a very decent PL striker. He's shit now, i agree! 

Â