Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Let's hope he does . I am not one who believes we should be pushing him out the door but for me he should be nowhere near the first team

In fairness he probably wouldn't be if we didn't have two strikers out injured which says a lot about how his career has gone these last few years.

I think that's underestimating Lamberts love for the guy.

When Benteke is back Gabby will be pushed back out to the wing at N'Zogbias expense.

Weimann will most likely be on the other wing.

I hope I'm wrong but if Lambert is good at anything it's being very predictable when it comes to playing certain players.

• Like 1

Longevity doesn't mean quality. He is a sprinter who has been moulded into a very limited footballer. The ultimate one trick pony who can't remember how to do his trick anymore. Sentimentality is crippling us with this guy.

In fairness, whilst longevity doesn't mean quality, Gabby isn't someone who's done nothing - he's scored more goals for Villa than David Platt, Andy Gray or Gary Shaw.

He's well off his best, he's not buzzing around like he does when he's playing well and his energy levels aren't where they should be - I think he's in the side because he can play three positions, Grealish looks a very good prospect on the left, but he can't switch to play up front, Bent apparently can play up front according to many, but he can't play on either flank.

Gabby gives us a focal point up front, right now he's not a very good focal point, because he looks like he's concentrating on that instead of actually being a threat - he needs to be worked on and he needs to be put under threat of his place - when Benteke comes back, one of N'Zogbia, Weimann or Gabby will make way - with Sanchez likely to start in midfield going forwards, we'll also have Richardson and Cole chomping at the bit for a wide spot - that could very well be good for him. He probably needs it. 

He's still a couple of years away from his 30th birthday and for me he still has plenty to offer, but he really does need a kick up the arse. I also think that whilst his body fat percentage is probably one of those impressive numbers, he's carrying around too much muscle and could do with dropping half a stone. The thing he's shown throughout his career is that he's not afraid to work to improve himself - someone needs to convince him that he needs to.

More than Gary Shaw? Really??? What a comparison, stopped reading right there.

I agree he hasn't been at his best for a long time, but the lone striker role he has played this season doesn't really do him any favors. He much more effective when he plays deeper and get's space to run at defenders, or in the channels next to a strikepartner.

• Like 1

If Benteke was fit he'd be on the bench. He only managed 4 goals last season which for a striker of his 'experience' is shocking. Kozak managed the same from just 9 starts, in his first season.

All he has is pace and enthusiasm, and to be honest the first is nothing without the second. It's a real shame to say, but he has to either shape up or ship out.

UTV.

Edited by Supervillan78
  • Like 2

21 goals and 21 assists in his last 4 seasons is not good enough. Around 9000 mins of football in that time says he's scoring and assisting once every 5 games. That's pathetic. Crouch has played similar minutes last 4 seasons and has 28 goals and 24 assists and probably will hardly get a game at Stoke this season.

21 goals and 21 assists in his last 4 seasons is not good enough. Around 9000 mins of football in that time says he's scoring and assisting once every 5 games. That's pathetic. Crouch has played similar minutes last 4 seasons and has 28 goals and 24 assists and probably will hardly get a game at Stoke this season.

He hasn't played much as a striker for the last few years so why compare him to a striker.

I remember when we played 4-5-1 with Gabby up front when O'Neill was here and he played very well there. He definitely has all the attributes to play up front on his own. He just hasn't played consistently well in a very long time.

He hasn't played much as a striker for the last few years so why compare him to a striker.

I bet there are midfielders with comparable stats . Hell I imagine even Seamus Coleman runs him close and he is a right back!

Needs to be taken out of the firing line.

Needs to be put in a firing line

I chuckled

He needs to be dropped though. Play jack instead. At least there's promise there, and even if he does absolutely nothing we'll be no worse off

I think there was a conscious effort from him to drop a bit deeper and challenge for headers today.

He'll stay in the team while Benteke and Kozak are out because TINA.

1000509261001_1951221851001_Tina-Turner-

Hopefully dropping him will give him the kick up the arse to Turner new corner.

Â