Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

I don't know why but he doesn't seem to work the channels any more, that was a strong point in his game

Yeah, something's missing from his game now. Needs to be involved much more.

Ability?

• Like 3

It would make me sad to see Gabby in a different shirt next season, but there is no way that we could justify a new deal for him while he is playing the way he has for the last god knows how long.

But PL etc. obviously feel different as they feel he's good enough to start week in, week out.

It would make me sad to see Gabby in a different shirt next season, but there is no way that we could justify a new deal for him while he is playing the way he has for the last god knows how long.

But PL etc. obviously feel different as they feel he's good enough to start week in, week out.

If you play a counter attack system you need 1 player with extreme pace to be able to pull it off.  They pull defenders out of position and create space for the player with the ball.  He is on because of his pace, nothing else, and we dont have anyone else with his pace to replace him.

• Like 1

Its not a case of being nasty to him, that is pointless.....It should be a case of being business like and he isn't doing the business.

Lets face it, Gabby will never leave us, he doesn't want to and while he has a contract, he is safe....I would guess, he would accept a reduction, might be wrong, but thats how i see it.

I don't see him as one of us, in the same light as Ian Taylor. I think when he finishes, he will be finished with top flight football altogether. I don't think he is bright enough to exist in it.

I can't honestly say, what is wrong with him.....been here too long and complacency creeping in.... losing that edge of pace due to age and stature..... finding the opposition smarter and tougher.....who knows.

but if we replace him we must have someone better.

its not that he dosent want to but who would take him.

no movement

no pace

too much time on the weights

serious lack of technique for a premiership player

um, what's that after "no movement"?

o.O

to me hes lost pace from spending too much time lifting weights

Indeed, look at how skinny these professional sprinters are? :rolleyes:

Those professional sprinters run 100m twice in a day at best.

Footballers aren't sprinters - Gabby should be getting through 10k a game - and whilst all that muscle might help once or twice in a game when you're trying to power away from someone, what Gabby really needs is the energy he had a few years ago - that's what's missing; the gobby, annoying, non-stop pest that he was when he was 22 or 23. For me he needs to drop some of the muscle.

• Like 1

Perhaps if we got rid of him we'd stop playing the tedious counter attacking football of recent years.

But I'd say being able to fall back and rely on counter attacking is the only reason we're still in this league. It allows our players who were/are not as good as other teams to be able to compete.

Those professional sprinters run 100m twice in a day at best.

Footballers aren't sprinters - Gabby should be getting through 10k a game - and whilst all that muscle might help once or twice in a game when you're trying to power away from someone, what Gabby really needs is the energy he had a few years ago - that's what's missing; the gobby, annoying, non-stop pest that he was when he was 22 or 23. For me he needs to drop some of the muscle.

I think Gabby got tired of being bullied from burly defenders and got on the weights to give as good as he got. It helped one aspect of his game where he can hold the ball up better but I agree it cost him the top end of his pace.

I'm not saying we have to pay him huge money but to not offer him a deal is a bad decision IMO.

nobody would spend money on him to buy him. Our only shot at getting him off the wage bill is letting him go on a free.

Even if we paid him £1m a year on a 3 year deal he'd be costing us another £3m. Why would we want to throw that money away instead of investing it elsewhere?

If I was Lambert I would sit him down in front of the TV with his his eyelids pinned open and play a Daniel Sturridge video reel over and over until the Hull game.

Hopefully it will have a brainwashing effect and he will finally learn how to get into good positions in the box.

Particularly how to react to crosses in the 6 yard box.

I remember a few years ago, many mentioned that when Gabby loses his pace, he will drift down the leagues, think that may come alot sooner.

I said he wouldn't be playing in the premier league when he's 30.

I stand by it too.

Â