Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

IMO - Gabby needs to sit a bit. The question is, start Bent instead, who won't cover as much ground, help back on defense as much, or spread the defense with threat of speed? Or weimann who will work even harder, but not keep possession as well?

When kozak and Benteke are back, either of them in that role would be good. But until then....... Tough call.

Tactically, I might play weimann on the road and bent at home. Either way need more attacking support from midfield to keep possession. Maybe Sanchez will permit that?

Gabby's game revolves around work rate and helping track back. Arguably the later should be irrelevant for a striker in the system we play. We need someone who can hold the ball up to allow support to arrive. Gabby doesn't do this and has a tendency to commit soft fouls which stops any momentum we may have built up. On top of this his goal ratio is poor for the number of games he starts.

Should be a sub at best.

Needs to play but only on the left if you ask me. His pace alone causes teams to sit back slightly. Worst thing about him is his football brain or lack of it. When you have pace like him you really need to be exploiting the space. Too many times I see him check back. With the pace he has, when he's in full flow the defence shit themselves, simple. Liverpool away as one example

• Like 2

Useless player, I used to defend him being useless by the fact he took the attention of defenders and opened things up without actually doing anything. Now though defenders don't seem scared of him.

All he does is sprint after lost causes, just lose out marginally due to his pace but shove the player over - 95% of time you can guess his sprint bursts will end in a free kick.

No football brain, can't turn quick so just runs into players instead of jinking left and right and beating his man.

I can't defend him anymore, it's a shame as he's a villa fan, but to be fair we'd see just as much commitment from a player trying to make his name than we would from him anyhow so no competitive edge from his loyalties.

He was very poor yesterday. I'm at a loss to explain the massive downturn his form has taken over the last year, he looked to be "back" previous to last season. If it was up to me there's no way he'd be starting against Hull, he has become a liability.

Limited and lacks sufficient contribution at the level this club needs to be at.

sure he has pace, although that seems to have waned over the months.... we need a player with pace, but one who can offer a better reading of the game that takes him in to dangerous area's

Gabby is reactive.... rarely proactive

he has his moments, but sadly not often enough.

He will never leave, he probably wouldn't find his way to the training ground of another club ( just joking)...we need to sign someone who has the ability to oust him.

• Like 1

Gabby makes me sad as a Villa fan.

He will always be fondly remembered for the important goals he has scored for us (derbies, winner against Man U), but he just seems like he doesn't care anymore.

I'm not sure whether he is carrying too much bulk, or is starting to lose his pace, but he just doesn't seem to offer anything to our side anymore.

I find some of the comments on here about him to be nasty, and unnecessary, but I can understand that he has tried a lot of fans patience.

It would make me sad to see Gabby in a different shirt next season, but there is no way that we could justify a new deal for him while he is playing the way he has for the last god knows how long.

Who knows, maybe a change would be best for both parties? At the very least, a spell on the bench might do the trick.

• Like 2

Its not a case of being nasty to him, that is pointless.....It should be a case of being business like and he isn't doing the business.

Lets face it, Gabby will never leave us, he doesn't want to and while he has a contract, he is safe....I would guess, he would accept a reduction, might be wrong, but thats how i see it.

I don't see him as one of us, in the same light as Ian Taylor. I think when he finishes, he will be finished with top flight football altogether. I don't think he is bright enough to exist in it.

I can't honestly say, what is wrong with him.....been here too long and complacency creeping in.... losing that edge of pace due to age and stature..... finding the opposition smarter and tougher.....who knows.

but if we replace him we must have someone better.

I have never seen him as one of us. So he grew up supporting Villa. Doesn't actually mean anything. What I do know is that he has enjoyed a disgusting amount of money at our expense and dished up lackluster performances for sometime now.

There is no need to be nasty about him. But he needs to step up. Simple as. 

Its not a case of being nasty to him, that is pointless.....It should be a case of being business like and he isn't doing the business.

Lets face it, Gabby will never leave us, he doesn't want to and while he has a contract, he is safe....I would guess, he would accept a reduction, might be wrong, but thats how i see it.

I don't see him as one of us, in the same light as Ian Taylor. I think when he finishes, he will be finished with top flight football altogether. I don't think he is bright enough to exist in it.

I can't honestly say, what is wrong with him.....been here too long and complacency creeping in.... losing that edge of pace due to age and stature..... finding the opposition smarter and tougher.....who knows.

its not that he dosent want to but who would take him.

no movement

no pace

too much time on the weights

serious lack of technique for a premiership player

no movement

no pace

um, what's that after "no movement"?

o.O

no movement

no pace

o.O

to me hes lost pace from spending too much time lifting weights

no movement

no pace

o.O

Indeed, look at how skinny these professional sprinters are? :rolleyes:

If he would accept a new deal on lower wages, then I'd be happy. But would he? £35k is his level. He doesn't deserve to be one of our top earners, even he must be able to see that.

no movement

no pace

o.O

Indeed, look at how skinny these professional sprinters are? :rolleyes:

:offtopic:look at how quick adebayo  akinfenwa is :rolleyes:

Â