Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

He's a decent squad player and should be paid accordingly.

He's worth no more than 15-20k a week at a push. I think he's on 45k at the moment? Lucky, lucky boy.

I do like Gabby though and although he probably isn't good enough for our first team, I prefer him to Weimann and think he has certain attributes that make him useful. He's a good player to have away from home but at home, I can't remember his last decent game.

It seems to me he's being rewarded for his loyalty and not his quality. It's not my money so I don't have a major issue.

I like to think of him as that very average teacher that has been at the school for 40 years and has been racking up the bonuses for being there so long.

Is he even loyal though? He's getting paid a huge amount of money to have 3 or 4 good games a season. A better club than us would never try and sign him. 

He gets an easy ride 'cos he's a Villa fan from Birmingham. If we signed him from another club and he was a cockney we'd hate him.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

He's worth no more than 15-20k a week at a push. I think he's on 45k at the moment? Lucky, lucky boy.

I do like Gabby though and although he probably isn't good enough for our first team, I prefer him to Weimann and think he has certain attributes that make him useful. He's a good player to have away from home but at home, I can't remember his last decent game.

It seems to me he's being rewarded for his loyalty and not his quality. It's not my money so I don't have a major issue.

I like to think of him as that very average teacher that has been at the school for 40 years and has been racking up the bonuses for being there so long.

Is he even loyal though? He's getting paid a huge amount of money to have 3 or 4 good games a season. A better club than us would never try and sign him. 

He gets an easy ride 'cos he's a Villa fan from Birmingham. If we signed him from another club and he was a cockney we'd hate him.

I'm not sure anyone can say he's loyal (or un-loyal for that matter). As far as I'm aware no club has ever seriously bid for Agbonlahor (I remember the Arsenal link a few years ago but that was always a load of bollocks), so on that basis we don't know how he would have behaved if other teams would have come in for him. 

He's been on a massive gravy train here, rewarded for poor performances and lack of consistency. 

• Like 2

He actual supports Arsenal growing up!! the Villa thing he just says to keep people quiet and on-side..

Agbonlahor is just too comfortable. He plays crap week in week out but he is back in the team regardless.

Until we either get some new players, get people fit or give others a chance we're going nowhere with this guy.

Edited by Brumstopdogs
  • Like 1

i wish i could become a millionaire by doing shit at my job. some people are born lucky and become unappreciative of what they have. may i sugest us trying usane bolt in a pair of football boots because hes quicker than gabby.

i wish i could become a millionaire by doing shit at my job. some people are born lucky and become unappreciative of what they have. may i sugest us trying usane bolt in a pair of football boots because hes quicker than gabby.

jimmycarr.jpg

It's a shame though. I know there's no sentiment in football but his goals have given me some of the best memories since I've been supporting Villa.

Just thinking off the top of my head, there was the goal at OT that gave us our first win over Man. United in 15 years, that late winner at SHA, the 2nd goal at Arsenal that gave us our first win there in 15 years aswell and also the 2nd against Chelsea that was the end for Mourinho.

He just dosen't look likely of any of that anymore. Still I'll remember him fondly when he does leave.

I'm flabbergasted how it has run for so long.....with his inconsistency....some games I would say completely anonymous.

It is just an epitome of the whole club

and just to say its not personal.....but it was Lil o'l Lee before him ( yes Lee Hendrie)

both made a fortune for inconsistency of the highest  order.

.....Then you get players like Brian Little, Gareth Barry, Andy Gray, Dennis Mortimer, just a few at random, who performed for the club, but had no affinity with us before they come.

I don't buy all this Villa Fans stuff from some of them.

Ian Taylor,Gary Shaw are ones that I can accept.....and performed like a villa fan would.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Agbonlahor - Benteke

Cleverley

Delph Westwood Sanchez

Cissokho - Vlaar - Senderos - Hutton

Guzan

I had a dream we beat Liverpool and for some reason Benteke played. This was the formation and Gabby was outstanding.

If we're in the woods and we're attacked by a bear, I don't have to be able to outrun the bear, I just have to be able to outrun you. Gabby has spent his whole career being better than the next man in the squad, whether that means he's good enough to make us happy I don't know, but he's been consistently the best we've got - he still is. By all means be angry about that, but I'm not sure it's his fault. The shame for me is that we've never put him in a position where he's had to outrun the bear.

• Like 1

Very good first half from him to be fair.  Good turn and finish for the first goal, has run into the left channel well and, along with Delph and Richardson, has hustled and harried the Hull defence.

Much more like it Gabby.

Â