Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

1 hour ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Take the short route and pay him off, then it's all over and clean, no more talking about Gabby anymore, like RDM will no doubt have to do in his next press conference, no more of him floating around the club. 

Such a sad ending for a boy that came through the ranks, a 1-club man so to speak, to have all this hatred and poison surround him. I think there's a chance the dude might even retire if he was released .

Just leave him at home wasting his career. This will be his last pay day.

1 hour ago, Phumfeinz said:

Has any other club been in this situation?

Didn't Chelsea have a player, from abroad and may have been a fullback pretty much sit out his contract quite a few years ago? Winston Bogarde may have been his name? (memory a bit hazy on this)

It does seem that are caught more often than the others though, I put it down to the fact we paid big wages in the past to try and catch the teams above us, but have bought players who know they are not good enough to push on to the next level and have happily rested on their laurels picking up the big wage in the process.

24 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

I must be going soft in my old age.

If he proves his fitness, trains hard and we get injuries then I have no issue with him playing for the club, 

He could very quickly reprise himself, and turn it all around.  It's even probably not to late to do that, the sad truth is he won't...that's what hurts most.

Anyway, it's pretty funny that we are arguing about a player that is not even a part of the squad, after a summer of a positive flurry of signings.

You lot make it seem like he is standing at the entrance of Bodymoor Heath tripping up players and kicking them in the nads, just being a general"disruptive" and "negative" influence.

If we lose another game no doubt someone will come out and say "poisonous" characters like Gabby still bein here are the reason?

Btw wasn't Richards in Dubai as well, and ine of the absolute worst performers. Been at the club a much shorter time amd not half the abuse.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Now that he isn't going anywhere I'm happy to give him a chance over Kozak but he needs to knuckle down and get on with it and give everything in every game like a supposed Villa fan would. We're still paying him regardless.

I've been all for giving him a chance over the years but I think that time is up. I may be wrong but I think he has been given chance with RDM I don't think the new regime have come in and given a blank we don't want you here from the outset. For whatever reason Gabby hasn't shown that he is willing to change/improve or put in the effort wanted from him.

For everybody's sake it's time he goes into hardcore mode and makes it his mission to get back on our good terms. Part of me kind of hopes that he does tbh. It be awesome if he came on as an impact sub and won us a game in the final minutes. That's sounding a bit like one of those Hollywood sports movies, I know.. ^^

• Like 1

I'm sorry, he's been given umpteen chances and thrown the lot back in the club's face - last year was a complete low for a Club Captain's behaviour, being too unfit for selection and not giving a damn.

I see he has trimmed up a bit over the summer and wants to 'prove himself' but he should have done that elsewhere even it if were only on loan.

I have no desire to see Gabby back in a Villa kit again, but would've been more accepting if he'd gone to Reading and actually proved himself as a player again before returning.

Part of me sees the snub as Gabby not bothered about playing and picking up easy money, the other is the fear of going to another club and having to graft.

17 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I'm sorry, he's been given umpteen chances and thrown the lot back in the club's face - last year was a complete low for a Club Captain's behaviour, being too unfit for selection and not giving a damn.

I see he has trimmed up a bit over the summer and wants to 'prove himself' but he should have done that elsewhere even it if were only on loan.

I have no desire to see Gabby back in a Villa kit again, but would've been more accepting if he'd gone to Reading and actually proved himself as a player again before returning.

Part of me sees the snub as Gabby not bothered about playing and picking up easy money, the other is the fear of going to another club and having to graft.

So If in January, when it's AFCON, if we don't get players in quick style, Kozak is injured, would you rather see Andre Green come on? People keep saying if "he knuckles down", still "Flabby" etc. when fact of the matter is he has spent the whole pre season etc working extremely hard on his fitness and trying to do just that.

He knows he screwed up majorly and has been trying to make amends but with some fans it is almost an impossibility. As I have been saying before the sad thing is that there is a silent "majority" who still support him but aren't as vocal for obvious reasons.

The bite off nose to spite face mentality here is baffling to me.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So If in January, when it's AFCON, if we don't get players in quick style, Kozak is injured, would you rather see Andre Green come on? People keep saying if "he knuckles down", still "Flabby" etc. when fact of the matter is he has spent the whole pre season etc working extremely hard on his fitness and trying to do just that.

He knows he screwed up majorly and has been trying to make amends but with some fans it is almost an impossibility. As I have been saying before the sad thing is that there is a silent "majority" who still support him but aren't as vocal for obvious reasons.

Anything to actually support these claims?

As far as I've seen he's not come out and made any public apology to the fans for his behavior. Him losing weight is no more than the bare minimum for a professional athlete.

Also wonder how you know there is a silent majority, ought to be hard to establish, with them being silent about the matter and all.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The lets give another chance to someone who is least deserving of it mentality baffles the rest of us I think.

And yes, I'd rather see Andre Green or Hepburn-Murphy given a chance, they still have a potential future here, Gabby does not.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Gabby has had his chance, made his bed and now has to lie in it.

Let's not forget, he has been ineffective for years, and that was when he was supposedly 'motivated'. His best years were under O'Neill, since then he has been in decline and living off his local boy roots.

As for January and the AFCON - first, lets see who qualifies and will be making the tourno and speculate about squad fitness then.

As for replacements, we have Rushian Hepburn-Murphy lurking in the wings (and McKirdy - who went out on loan yesterday) - I would rather give them a chance than Gabby.

Gabby had a viable option to go and play football and show the club what we would potentially be missing but chose to hang around in the knowledge he won't be in the squad for a very long time. I know there's two sides to every story but I don't think it shines a positive light on his new found motivation.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sne said:

As far as I've seen he's not come out and made any public apology to the fans for his behavior. Him hitting losing weight is no more than the bare minimum for a professional athlete.

Further proof of unsubstantiated bollox. lol

want to begin with an apology to all Aston Villa fans for my actions in recent weeks, especially at a time when it is devastating for everyone involved with the club. I am stepping down as club captain with immediate effect as I do not deserve to carry out such a role anymore. This role was a huge honour to me and it hurts to have lost it. I have spent 16 years at Aston Villa and played some memorable games. My celebrations and passion, especially in games against local rivals shows my loyalty to Aston Villa. I am asking Aston Villa fans for forgiveness as I'm hurting as well despite reports and photos in the press making out otherwise. I agree my performances this season have not been good enough but I will be working hard to make things right! Up The Villa, Villa Till I Die! I would also like to add; numerous fake social media accounts and have been created using my name. This is my official Instagram and I do not use Twitter or Facebook.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/read-aston-villa-striker-gabby-11257701

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It all depends, IF he was given a chance in pre season to show he cared about Aston Villa and convince RDM and Dr X. I personally think this was the case and it didn't happen.

If this was the case then no, even if we were short of players to put 11 on the pitch, then he can f**k off as far as I'm concerned. 

There are a few ifs and maybe's in there which do make a difference and I would happily alter my opinion a bit on him. He may of lost a bit of weight but he was supposedly sent to train with the youngsters which to me means he didn't take his chance and they didn't want him around the team.

It was a fresh start, new owners, new manager, a new team to be built, if he couldn't take his opportunity then he doesn't deserve any more chances.

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Btw wasn't Richards in Dubai as well, and one of the absolute worst performers. Been at the club a much shorter time and not half the abuse.

Absolute nonsense. Go read any "Micah Richards Thread" on any Villa forum.

This guy Gabby is taking your club for a ride and yet you constantly give him your full support. He doesn't want to play football and as a footballer it's nothing short but disgraceful behavior.

He's a millionaire footballer who could easily provide a very high level of childcare arrangements for a season but nope, he preferred to lurk around to continue doing nothing whilst milking us for every last penny.

30 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I don't see it as biting my nose off to spite my face. I see his exclusion as a very logical conclusion on the balance of evidence.  There is the possibility that he could have a positive impact if we run out of forwards, but to me there is a much greater possibility that his inclusion in the squad for the entire season would have a larger and more detrimental effect.  The slim possibility of a positive impact is not worth the risk of the greater probability of a negative impact therefore he has to be cut out. 

Simply put I would rather give the chance to a youth team striker or trust that Dr T has a plan for January as he has recently stated. 

The evidence that he has been trying to make amends in pre season is not enough for me.  He is way past words, he needs to show me not tell me and he should be doing this now on loan at another club.  The very fact that he has not managed to get a move tells me everything I need to know.

10 hours ago, One For The Road said:

Well that's my point. He could have been. He is one of all time highest goal scorers and one of our longest serving players. The legendary status was his to lose. And he did just that. 

I honestly do not believe he could- in my humble opinion, his fall from grace was inevitable as I never felt he was as good as the hype which for some bizarre reason surrounded him. He never had the core assets needed to become a villa legend.

Â