Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Some proper old scrooges on here.

If objecting to someone being paid £40K per week and basically taking the piss out of the people paying him makes me a Scrooge then I say this:

"Bah Humbug!"

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

^Its not the fact that he has a cap... its the cap itself as that particular brand is all about MONEY and being loaded. Y£NOM. Some people may consider that an insult based on the fact he is prepared to sit on his arse and pick up his extortionate salary.

Some people are just happy to look for any excuse to be offended.

PS Respect to leightoncastle. Good lad.

I think that says it all.

I'd like to see this Leightoncastle bloke say that sort of shit to someone's face just so that I can laugh when he gets laid on his arse.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

If objecting to someone being paid £40K per week and basically taking the piss out of the people paying him makes me a Scrooge then I say this:

"Bah Humbug!"

the relegation pay cut must be killing him...

and thats the worst wearing of a hat since pharrell, the worst of it is £40k per week but as long as he posts it on his instagram he gets free clothes :(

31 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

the relegation pay cut must be killing him...

and thats the worst wearing of a hat since pharrell, the worst of it is £40k per week but as long as he posts it on his instagram he gets free clothes :(

"What you say ?"

bad_tans_smokinggun_071408_294_001.jpg

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

the worst of it is £40k per week but as long as he posts it on his instagram he gets free clothes :(

The way it goes once you hit a certain level of influence.

Social media is fast becoming a very easy way to make a lot of money once you hit a certain level of popularity.

Wouldn't surprise me if after posting that image he'll get a financial reward based on how many saw the pic.. So it could be worse than just free clothes.

8 hours ago, Ikantcpell said:

Something is very wrong in the world, when human vermins like him can be millionares.

He will blow it all very very quickly once the gravy train runs out of steam. I reckon he has a few less brain cells than that Michael Carroll who won £10m on the lottery and now works in a biscuit factory. 

The hangers on help to accelerate the process rapidly and Gabbers seems to have a fair share of them. 

• Like 1

On 01/09/2016 at 20:21, mwj said:

This "silent majority" that apparently still back him... Have to say I'd be a little surprised. Birmingham Mail ran a poll during Shish-gate and it certainly didn't show a great deal of love out there...

Can mods setup a poll on here and we'll know just how "major" this majority is...

I think your missing the point..... They are supposed to be silent! 

However regardless I don't think there is a silent majority although there is a lot of care in the community these days so you never know.

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Some people are just happy to look for any excuse to be offended.

I think that says it all.

I'd like to see this Leightoncastle bloke say that sort of shit to someone's face just so that I can laugh when he gets laid on his arse.

Don't need to look for an excuse with Gabby - He provides them freely and regularly. 

I was referring to the reply to the deluded fan that referred to Gabby as a legend and compared him to Messi and Ronaldo. 

Interesting. You criticise me for getting "offended" (i'm not, I am bemused), then you advocate violence??? well done!!!

Again, I cannot understand why people defend this guy. seriously??? he offers NOTHING to this club, do you SERIOUSLY want to see him playing for us again??? Why?????

Maybe I am just old fashioned. I expect someone who is paid to do a job, to do that job to the best of their abilities. I expect people who are in the public eye, who are role models, and supposed leaders, to behave and act beyond reproach. I expect the captain of a football club to be the one who fights for the team, who the supporters can rely on, who the team can look to to provide inspiration, to be a man who will give his all for the cause.

Now I realise that doesn't sound like a footballer, and is one of the reasons why I despise the modern footballer - BUT, there are still a large number of them that do abide by these principles, and frankly, as Leicester proved last season, these are the types of players (and people) that we want at the club. 

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Like 1

I don't like Gabby at all, but there's a **** to criticise him for. A free hat is way down the list.

And if there's one thing I hate more than a shit overpaid footballer, it's a keyboard warrior, that guy is a nob. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Vancvillan said:

Unless VT hates Dad jokes, this isn't getting anywhere near the amount of attention it deserves.

I should take my talents elsewhere. I hear TBAR have huge appreciation for a bit of nonsense. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

Jesus, the ten bob hat that says money backwards should be the least of our problems with the man. 

For me he's gone from being the erdington lad destined for **** all who actually made it amazingly good despite all the erdington odds stacked against him, to a lazy and rich man who has forgotten what it was all about and couldn't give a monkeys now he has 'made it' 

He has been given tons if chances, he was club captain ffs and he managed to funk that up. I deffo don't begrudge him the money, he came from **** all and earned it. What I do have a problem with is how once he got there he couldn't be arsed anymore. From just a sporting sense you would want an athlete to always try to be the best they can be just for pride's sake, when you add to that he's supposed to be a fan it just gets sadder.

Edited by romavillan
Phone text mashup
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Jesus, the ten bob hat that says money backwards should be the least of our problems with the man. 

For me he's gone from being the erdington lad destined for **** all who actually made it amazingly good despite all the erdington odds stacked against him, to a lazy and rich man who has forgotten what it was all about and couldn't give a monkeys now he has 'made it' 

He has been given tons if chances, he was club captain ffs and he managed to funk that up. I deffo don't begrudge him the money, he came from **** all and earned it. What I do have a problem with is how once he got there he couldn't be arsed anymore. From just a sporting sense you would want an athlete to always try to be the best they can be just for pride's sake, when you add to that he's supposed to be a fan it just gets sadder.

Whoa hold your horses partner.  Erdington isn't some kind of late 70's New York ghetto. Isn't his dad some kind of top research scientist?   It's not exactly a rags to riches story. 

I grant he earned his money in the early days but I really really begrudge any single penny he has had from this club in the last 3 years. 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Whoa hold your horses partner.  Erdington isn't some kind of late 70's New York ghetto. Isn't his dad some kind of top research scientist?   It's not exactly a rags to riches story. 

I grant he earned his money in the early days but I really really begrudge any single penny he has had from this club in the last 3 years. 

Right yeah sorry, because erdington folk, and gravely hill folk and aston folk and Perry bar and kingstanding folk are normally competing over what colour beamer is better for their kids right? After the eton reunion of course.

Â