Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

3 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

I would be so happy if we could sack him. Not sure how we would do it, but it sounds like Tony has a plan up his sleeve, and I would trust that he knows what he is doing.

It's really not hard to sack him.  No cunning plan required.  If the club want to do so, it is within their power.  I should think a relatively junior HR staffer could manage it, maybe with a little guidance to get the legal side in order.

5 minutes ago, peterms said:

It's really not hard to sack him.  No cunning plan required.  If the club want to do so, it is within their power.  I should think a relatively junior HR staffer could manage it, maybe with a little guidance to get the legal side in order.

yes, that's the bit that is of concern!

1 minute ago, TheStagMan said:

yes, that's the bit that is of concern!

It's really pretty standard stuff.  If they want to terminate the contract, they do so, pay him off, and do it legally.

The problems arise if they want to end the contract but don't want to pay him off, or want him to accept less than he is entitled to.  We seem to be in a situation where they aren't taking action for breach of contract, or gross misconduct, or anything else as far as I'm aware, would like him to walk away with less than he's contractually entitled to, and seem put out that he isn't doing so.  At least that's the impression I get, at a distance.

But the ball is in the club's court.  Either end his contract, or else keep him on as a possible back-up and make sure he's fit if called on.  I'd have thought the second makes more sense, but if they feel it would be more trouble than it's worth, then do the first.  Or if they feel they really have grounds for terminating with a reduced payout, then do that.  It's really their choice.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, peterms said:

It's really pretty standard stuff.  If they want to terminate the contract, they do so, pay him off, and do it legally.

The problems arise if they want to end the contract but don't want to pay him off, or want him to accept less than he is entitled to.  We seem to be in a situation where they aren't taking action for breach of contract, or gross misconduct, or anything else as far as I'm aware, would like him to walk away with less than he's contractually entitled to, and seem put out that he isn't doing so.  At least that's the impression I get, at a distance.

But the ball is in the club's court.  Either end his contract, or else keep him on as a possible back-up and make sure he's fit if called on.  I'd have thought the second makes more sense, but if they feel it would be more trouble than it's worth, then do the first.  Or if they feel they really have grounds for terminating with a reduced payout, then do that.  It's really their choice.

Exactly my point - From the tone or Dr X's tweet, it sounds as if the are going after him, does not sound like they will be paying him off - certainly not in full.

I hope they can do this, hopefully something has happened to give them the means to.

1 minute ago, MakemineVanilla said:

If Xia wants Gabby out he should just pay up his contract, just like he did for Fox and his cohorts, who turned Villa from a middling Premier League brand to a middling Championship brand.

its a different level of money though. I am sure Fox and co was a million or so - Gabby is potentially 5-6m and I get the impression that Xia wants to make an example out of him.

10 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Exactly my point - From the tone or Dr X's tweet, it sounds as if the are going after him, does not sound like they will be paying him off - certainly not in full.

I hope they can do this, hopefully something has happened to give them the means to.

8 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

its a different level of money though. I am sure Fox and co was a million or so - Gabby is potentially 5-6m and I get the impression that Xia wants to make an example out of him.

Well in that case, they may find themselves on the wrong end of a legal issue, which would take a fair bit of staff time to deal with and possibly end up costing as much or more.  That would be an interesting use of time and money, but hardly a good one.

Maybe they are just trying to negotiate a lesser payout and keeping more decisive action in reserve.

If they want to make an example out of him, then the way to do so would be for example on grounds of misconduct or breach of contract.  Of course they would need to be reasonably sure their grounds would stand up to scrutiny, because I'm sure he can afford a good lawyer. 

• Like 1

• leightoncastleHi Gabby, I'm really hoping DrX finds a way to get rid of you once and for all. You are a stain on the club.
  • ga11official.fanWhy do you hate him for... Stop hating he's villa through and through sure he has his bad moments and his good moments but every footballer goes through this even the best... Ronaldo messi etc @ga11officialtrue VillaLegend

My word.

And back on topic, Gabby's reply.

ga11official@leightoncastle u ok? Woke up in a bad mood? 

also that guy wrote this:

• leightoncastle@ga11official.fan how stupid that you even mention this lazy piece of thick Brummy shit in the same paragraph as people like Ronaldo and Messi. Have you NO brain cells in your head? And most players "bad moments" last for maybe a few games or a few months. Not 5 years. Oh, and he's not Villa through and through. If he was then he wouldn't have been behaving like such a cock over the last year when he was club captain and showing absolutely NO respect to the club or its fans. I suggest you remove your head from up Gabby's fat overpaid lazy arse and realise that your idol is one of the biggest pricks to have ever played for the club. Villa Legend my arse. Idiot.

5 minutes ago, ender4 said:

tell us then....

All he says is "u ok? Woke up in a bad mood?" to this Leighton Castle guy who was clearly just trying to bait a reaction.

I don't think it shows a lack of caring on Gabby's behalf really. Gabby knows the negativity he'll receive if he attacks back, Gabby maybe lacking in intelligence but he's not stupid.  

5 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

and also..... WTF is he doing posting pics of that cap....???? wow, either he is deliberately being a prick or is incredibly stupid/badly advised.

Or as it says in the caption, someone sent him a cap, he took a photo with it, and posted it to his social media, normal people do these things you know?

Anyway, it seems it is obviously over for him, saddening, but some of the bollox people use as beating sticks are hilarious.

Some proper old scrooges on here.

^Its not the fact that he has a cap... its the cap itself as that particular brand is all about MONEY and being loaded. Y£NOM. Some people may consider that an insult based on the fact he is prepared to sit on his arse and pick up his extortionate salary.

The day after refusing to move to a club with an opportunity to prove himself. 

Jesus Christ, I just cannot understand why people still love and adore him. 

If he wasnt "a Villa boy" (huh!) and we had bought him in from somewhere else for say, £5m he would receive the same dogs abuse that Westwood gets, but at least Westwood is a professional and tries (and probably has more ability).

Its Hilarious the love he still gets from his fan club. The sort of people who would presumably take back a girlfriend who slept with the entire rugby team.

PS Respect to leightoncastle. Good lad.

Edited by TheStagMan

Â