Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Well we've been here before and recently too with Nzogbia and Ireland. We should therefore be prepared for how it plays out. If he really is done here then he sits out his contract. Very few people would give up millions of pounds in unearned income. Hopefully RDM wins a few matches between now and January and proves to us the fans and Gabby that we just don't need him any more. I fear Gabby and his agent are waiting to see how it pans out. Will RDM be here next summer?

From what Ive seen of Xia so far I can't see him backing down in public and I truly think the club have handled it quite well. I was shocked to hear we were wanting to send him out on loan!! Plenty of us wanted him shipped out. By drawing a line under what had gone before and offering him very publicly a road to go down towards redemption actually showed him a lot of respect. But it also put the ball firmly in Gabby's court. Your move. By making the public aware there was an opportunity to take up the challenge put before him, all the blame and all the negativity rests solely at Gabby's feet.

• Like 2

Gabby is out of contract at the end of the season right? If thats the case, I think we really should just pay him off, get him out of the club.

Its actually a sad case tbh, Gabby for a long while was my favourite player, but what came with being a pro footballer clearly he wasnt educated enough to deal with, Im not familiar with his family but surely someone should have told him to cop the **** on ages ago

• Like 1

Basically he is a poisonous influence. Unfortunately we need to pay up his contract one way or another in order to get rid. As has been suggested we could make him train alone, although we would have to pay someone to supervise his training, but I'm sure we could get someone to do that, hell, I am sure some of the fans would do it for free - making him run round a pitch on his own.

He either has to be put on gardening leave for the rest of his contract, paid up or made to train alone. Regardless of whether he could "do a job for us" he must not be allowed back, he must not be allowed to influence the kids, or the new signings. We need to create a culture of togetherness and one where people know they have to perform - giving him another chance sends entirely the wrong message. The damage his presence would have to the team spirit and club culture is far more than any favours he could do us on the pitch.

I would much rather see the likes of RHM getting a chance on the pitch than see Gabby huffing and puffing with his hands on his hips in the centre circle, and I think that this is the reason that his loan move was blocked by the club.

My personal viewpoint is that we offer him a reduced payout to leave, he then has the opportunity to go and resurrect his career, or if he rejects that, he is either put on gardening leave for the rest of his contract, which means that when it ends, he will not have played for 2 years and is very unlikely to get a new club (the easier option from our point of view), or is made to work for his salary in terms of training, alone, and on our terms - the downside here is that there is then a sliver of a chance that he might be offered a contract elsewhere at the end of it .

I think that he is so dim that he still believes that he has some influence at the club and just needs to see out the new manager, not realising that the OWNER does not rate him, or respect him, or want him anywhere near his project, and that the owner will not be going away. I don't think that Gabby realises his one supporter (the completely misguided Learner) is gone, and he has no-one in his corner. I took a look at his instagram feed and the sycophantic "hero"-worshipers who are blowing smoke up his arse on there are part of the problem - he must be believing his own hype as there are a small number of vocal fans who believe it. His Agent must also be a total idiot as he must see that he will make no more money out of this dead duck

A sad end to a career that could have worked out so differently. We have to move past him and move on with seeking promotion.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, astonaidan said:

Gabby is out of contract at the end of the season right? If thats the case, I think we really should just pay him off, get him out of the club.

Its actually a sad case tbh, Gabby for a long while was my favourite player, but what came with being a pro footballer clearly he wasnt educated enough to deal with, Im not familiar with his family but surely someone should have told him to cop the **** on ages ago

September 2018, so end of next season, sadly.

(shocking admission here:) At one point I also liked him as a player, though he could have been great for us, but he has shown himself to care about nothing but himself and now I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.

and also..... WTF is he doing posting pics of that cap....???? wow, either he is deliberately being a prick or is incredibly stupid/badly advised.

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

September 2018, so end of next season, sadly.

(shocking admission here:) At one point I also liked him as a player, though he could have been great for us, but he has shown himself to care about nothing but himself and now I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.

and also..... WTF is he doing posting pics of that cap....???? wow, either he is deliberately being a prick or is incredibly stupid/badly advised.

Well thats a pity, really cant fathom him not going to Reading even more

I keep reading he's a "poisonous influence" - on who?  What's he done?

Further, I like the newspaper article that states he's "sulking" but the club are now refusing to play him because he turned down a loan move.  The latter is the more childish behaviour, surely?

The whole situation is sad but if Gabby rejected a loan move to Reading to work hard and try and get back in the team, why would this be a problem?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

because he couldnt get a car on his head,  I believe he tried as well

I would be so happy if we could sack him. Not sure how we would do it, but it sounds like Tony has a plan up his sleeve, and I would trust that he knows what he is doing.

Interesting about Reilly as well. Seems odd that he would have been kept on until now - maybe he ran over Steve Round's cat in the past or something?

Â