Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

1 hour ago, TheStagMan said:

Rubbish. Any reason for disliking Gabby is valid. Plus a man of his means staying in a Caravan in Weymouth is very unlikely so it is either:

1) he is being cheap by putting his "missus" and kid in a caravan whilst he stays somewhere else (no way he is staying there)

2) it is cynical PR to say "look at me, I am a typical family man, just like you...." trying to get the fans back inside.

Either way it is bullshit and he is detestable. You sir seem to be falling for the shallow, PR bull crap.

Well, I mean, it just clearly isn't. 

I'm not going to blame him for, say, the excessive damming of the Mekong river. 

• Like 2

Well, I mean, it just clearly isn't. 

I'm not going to blame him for, say, the excessive damming of the Mekong river. 

Well you should! He has done NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING about it. It's as if he didn't care about it at all.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

Rubbish. Any reason for disliking Gabby is valid. Plus a man of his means staying in a Caravan in Weymouth is very unlikely so it is either:

1) he is being cheap by putting his "missus" and kid in a caravan whilst he stays somewhere else (no way he is staying there)

2) it is cynical PR to say "look at me, I am a typical family man, just like you...." trying to get the fans back inside.

Either way it is bullshit and he is detestable. You sir seem to be falling for the shallow, PR bull crap.

*edit, for clarity, I have nothing against static caravan holidays..... in fact my parents had a static in Weymouth for many years after we moved to Brum.

Lol. You have absolutely no idea what they were doing out there, why, or the circumstances. Ever thought maybe it was some sort of retreat and all the boys were staying in cabins? It is not even something I should even be bothering to explain to be honest. You also have no idea about his relationship with his kids, and or what he does or does not provide for them. 

It is also like the people so desperate to jump at anything they bring up his "mum", failing to recognise that she abandoned him when he was two years old, and starting wanting to meet him ever so much when he burst on the scene! Either way, nonsense.

• Like 1

Lol. You have absolutely no idea what they were doing out there, why, or the circumstances. Ever thought maybe it was some sort of retreat and all the boys were staying in cabins? It is not even something I should even be bothering to explain to be honest. You also have no idea about his relationship with his kids, and or what he does or does not provide for them. 

It is also like the people so desperate to jump at anything they bring up his "mum", failing to recognise that she abandoned him when he was two years old, and starting wanting to meet him ever so much when he burst on the scene! Either way, nonsense.

Since you want to argue the toss.....I have never mentioned his Mom. And how do *you* know the details of his relationship with his mom? she could have had very good reasons for not being in his life and the timing could be complete coincidence. :-)

Anyway, I am happy with my view of Gabby's caravan escapades and don't need anyone to validate it thanks.

By all means, be proud of your son's tournament (who knows, the son may be a better player than Gabby ;-p ) but tweet the pic from the tournament, maybe with the rest of his team..... the only reason for having his photo taken outside a caravan is for PR, although I don't doubt that his son is staying there and he isn't.

I know enough about him to know that he is about as good a dad as he is a footballer. Turning up to one of his sons football games does not change that.

In all likeliness, the team his son was playing for were all staying in the caravan park. I've been to tournaments like that when I was a kid.

It would be pretty arrogant, and unfair if Gabby paid to put his son up somewhere fancy instead.

• Like 1

In all likeliness, the team his son was playing for were all staying in the caravan park. I've been to tournaments like that when I was a kid.

It would be pretty arrogant, and unfair if Gabby paid to put his son up somewhere fancy instead.

Maybe. I still think that the photo is a cynical PR exercise though.

And at that point, that's me done on the Weymouth photo. Plenty of other reasons to hate the guy.

this Is the problem being a footballer or anybody else that is in the public eye, you cant do normal things without some idiot thinking you have an ulterior motive. The quicker he is out of this club the better but having ago about a photo next to a caravan is pretty lame and frankly non of our business, being out on the session is another story as that affects the club in a negative way.

• Like 1

As much as he is a useless fat knacker he wouldn't be the only footballer to stop in a caravan occasionally.

Wayne Rooney & family were at Prestatyn in a caravan last year, Rio Ferdinand & kids have done it before.

Multi millionaires or not they would still get some privacy as nobody would really expect them to be there and i doubt too many people pay attention to who is in the next caravan and i'm sure the kids would have a much better time somewhere like that than in a tiny b&b or 5 star hotel.

A lot of these beach resorts in the UK don't have any fancy or major chain hotels anyway so often a caravan may actually be the only/best option.

I really can't see the problem here. Man goes to watch son at footy tournament and stays at caravan park. Takes a photo and puts it on his social media page. 

Just because he's a millionaire footballer doesn't mean he do normal things. As long as he's not photographed smoking and drinking, why should any of us care? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

*edit, for clarity, I have nothing against static caravan holidays..... in fact my parents had a static in Weymouth for many years after we moved to Brum.

same here, when i was a child we lived in one of the caravan parks for 6 months before moving back to bham, i lived there again as a teenager, weymouth is like my second home and ive seen what its like in close season, which is why for me i cant see someone like gabby going there on holiday, the money he has, there is no way hed be staying in one of those 40 yr old caravans, lol, but to be fair, he does like the woman, which are easy pickings down there once theyve had a scrumpy jack!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

I really can't see the problem here. Man goes to watch son at footy tournament and stays at caravan park. Takes a photo and puts it on his social media page. 

Just because he's a millionaire footballer doesn't mean he do normal things. As long as he's not photographed smoking and drinking, why should any of us care? 

We played a game on Saturday. 

On 4. Mai 2016 at 10:16, TheStagMan said:

Rubbish. Any reason for disliking Gabby is valid......

A Static Caravan for a Static Footballer

Perfect fit

• Like 2

Looked to me like he had lost a fair bit of weight today when he was waving his belly at the Holte from the lower Trinity today! 

• 2 weeks later...
Â