Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

2 minutes ago, avfc1982 said:

Claiming Agbonlahor as "poison" is ridiculous. He's obviously had some kind of fall out with the club, but haven't all of us over the last 5 or so years? He's probably pissed off with all the cutbacks lowering of expectations that's infested the club since 2010. If it were up to me I'd get him fit and get him back into the team as he's better than both Gestede and Kozak will ever be, and it'd be just like Gabby to get the goals just when they're needed. 

I don't agree with the bold in the slightest. Your talking garbage!

Even if he has had a fall out at the club first and formost he is supposed to be a proffessional footballer who is fortunate to play for the club he grew up supporting. On top of that he gets a ridiculous wage for his efforts and any notion he is upset about the cutbacks etc is just nonsense as it hasn't affected his wages. He wont give a toss about wage cuts unless his own are affected, trust me.

If he is so concerned with the clubs situation he above every other senior player would be busting his bollox regardless of falling's out. Our situation is perilous yet where is he!

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Very serious - Vardy is Gabby in a side that's built around him, on a perfect run of form, with a bit of luck and with a great deal of motivation. At their best they both buzz around defenders, chasing everything, annoying defences and using their pace to get in behind. It's been a very long time since we saw Gabby at his best. I can understand if you've forgotten.

In all honesty,

he was better years ago, but I have never been a fan.....and he has got gradually worse...just to addinsult to injury, I never rated Vassell either......but loved Dean Saunders, who I think was more like Vardy.

i do understand it's all about opinions....but for me, I have never seen many of the things you mention above in Gabby.

i see Vardy making runs diagonally through the lines and getting in behind defenders.....I have only seen Gabby running in straight lines wanting the ball over his shoulder....I have never seen Gabby with the ball control of Vardy either.

But each to there own.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I've only just realised that avfc1982 and avfc1982am aren't the same poster. Either that, or its one bloke passionately arguing with himself . . . 

Me too.....I thought that's spooky or is it just done to test we are paying attention.

21 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I've only just realised that avfc1982 and avfc1982am aren't the same poster. Either that, or its one bloke passionately arguing with himself . . . 

Definitely different posters Hanoi.

5 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Very serious - Vardy is Gabby in a side that's built around him, on a perfect run of form, with a bit of luck and with a great deal of motivation. At their best they both buzz around defenders, chasing everything, annoying defences and using their pace to get in behind. It's been a very long time since we saw Gabby at his best. I can understand if you've forgotten.

If only there was a way to reignite his motivation.

I've never been a huge fan of his but he could be a lot more then he currently is and that would be good for Villa.

A Gabby playing to his full potenetial could have made a huge difference for us. At his best, he was a very good player who was a nightmare to play against. 

Damn shame how he's become a symbol for all that is wrong with Villa, instead of the player he could have been. 

Weimann actually reminded me a bit of Vardy when he was here actually.

I do see where OBE is coming from....it's easy to forget how crucial Gabby was to our counter attacking system under MON, not just crucial goals but his pace would get our attacks going and create space for Young.

He is done here now though, that has to be clear surely. If he had a future he'd be making the bench, I don't buy this injury he supposedly has.

He's grown stale here, but I get the feeling if he goes somewhere else he might do rather well, in a similar fashion to Albrighton at Leicester. So if at all possible might be worth inserting clauses in the sale where we get more money the better he does.

• Like 1

It is a pity it has come to this but he has not been the player he once was (and that was only for the odd game or two) for some time now. I think life has been way too easy for him at Villa Park to the extent that he thought he rather than our former chairman was Mr Aston Villa :rolleyes: and should therefore be the first name on the team sheet no matter how he was performing.

He has been well rewarded (possibly too well rewarded) for what he has done for the club and he has a lengthy contract that I am sure he will want to see out or see paid up. I would like to think he would now be busting a gut to play his part in keeping us up but it seems he has run out of chances to show that he does want to play a part. He could yet get a game in the cup because we will need to rest players for next weekend and we could learn a lot about his current attitude if he did but I suspect that our manager would be reluctant to select him and that he would not be bothered if he does not.    

Sounds on sky at the Man U game at the start of the season still sticks out in my mind when he said Gabby at the end of his career will probably sit down and think I could of done more, and somewhere there is a player in him, we will just probably never see it. 

I still don't think he's bad enough not to be able to get a place on the bench mind

5 minutes ago, avfc456 said:

Sounds on sky at the Man U game at the start of the season still sticks out in my mind when he said Gabby at the end of his career will probably sit down and think I could of done more, and somewhere there is a player in him, we will just probably never see it. 

I still don't think he's bad enough not to be able to get a place on the bench mind

There's 20 minutes to go in a game we are looking to win. Who do you turn to? Gestede? Or Agbonlahor?

As much as he gets slated, I'd pick Gestede every time.

Agbonlahor is not going to put himself about and, when he finally gets the ball, is more likely to find the dirt hoping for a foul rather than create anything. No point having him on the bench, then.

2 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

There's 20 minutes to go in a game we are looking to win. Who do you turn to? Gestede? Or Agbonlahor?

As much as he gets slated, I'd pick Gestede every time.

Agbonlahor is not going to put himself about and, when he finally gets the ball, is more likely to find the dirt hoping for a foul rather than create anything. No point having him on the bench, then.

but the bench yesterday you be crazy to not have Gabby on it when we had Gestede and Sinclair as our attacking subs

Â