Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

43 minutes ago, Arj Guy said:

Gabby contributed towards that. Or have you wiped the 6 touch half against Spurs from your memory?

Gabby played a minority of these games though he even played in one of our rare victories and was one of our more creative players earlier in the season. setting up goals vs Swansea and Leicester and a couple good chances vs West Brom

Gabby has and always will be an easy target even when not playing, he isnt Messi or Ronaldo or even Benteke but not the giant problem he is made out to be

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

I do like how you have a habit of telling people when they can and can't debate the points you make.

What he says and what you want to do is entirely different.

fill you boots

everyone on here believes what they say is gospel,naturally that's the business of being confident.........it's only when a stronger argument is presented do we all have the option to yield.

54 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Gabby played a minority of these games though he even played in one of our rare victories and was one of our more creative players earlier in the season. setting up goals vs Swansea and Leicester and a couple good chances vs West Brom

Gabby has and always will be an easy target even when not playing, he isnt Messi or Ronaldo or even Benteke but not the giant problem he is made out to be

He is not a Little,Shaw,Gray,Withe,Saunders,Platt.........either.

• Like 3

Gabby contributed towards that. Or have you wiped the 6 touch half against Spurs from your memory?

To be fair gabby is a target when he is and isn't playing. Reason being that he has just as much impact when playing as when he doesn't, his serious lack of movement, effort and ability puts him as the target because he is the epitome of everything wrong with his club and the position were in.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Although oddly he has scored more goals for Villa than any of those with the exception of Peter Withe.

Just to challenge the stats.....he has played many more games too.

i think his return is c 1in 5......with that being enhanced by his earlier exploits, so of late it's much worse.

13 hours ago, John said:

If only he was......

To be fair John, some of the younger fans, have never seen them (in the flesh so to speak) so they would not necessarily appreciate the finer arts of these players.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TRO said:

To be fair John, some of the younger fans, have never seen them (in the flesh so to speak) so they would not necessarily appreciate the finer arts of these players.

Agreed (one of the very few benefits of age) its much the same with me and the likes of Hitchens and McParland although I have seen them on DVD & YouTube and would recommend those who were not lucky enough to see these or the other players in the flesh do the same (its nice to forget our present plight if only for a few minutes).;)

18 hours ago, TRO said:

Just to challenge the stats.....he has played many more games too.

i think his return is c 1in 5......with that being enhanced by his earlier exploits, so of late it's much worse.

As a comparison, I think statistically the player he's most similar too in Villa history is Brian Little - Little scored 82 in 302 games for us at 1 goal per 3.68 games and Gabby has 84 in 363 at one in 4.32 - when you figure in that half of Little's goals were scored outside of the top flight, I think those numbers more or less balance up.

Now, that's not me saying he's anything like the player Brian Little was - far from it. They're chalk and cheese, Little the stylish, clever, joy to watch, Gabby (at his best) quick, pestering but not exactly pleasing on the eye - but then the game has changed an awful lot since the late seventies, it's about athletes now, there aren't many that can slow it down to their pace or play the sort of nice stuff that was easier at the slower pace of the seventies. Little was a fabulous player in the era of football in which he played, Gabby was a good one on the era in which he played, and, sadly I'm referring to Gabby in the past tense there.

Little was a much better player than Gabby, no doubt - and that's not the point I'm making - the point I'm making is that because he's been poor over a number of seasons, we forget how much Gabby has achieved, there was a comparison to Collymore earlier in the thread, who (as talented as he was) compares more sensibly with the likes of Luke Moore in terms of what he did here. Gabby deserves to be talked about in better company - regardless of what he's done in the last three or four seasons, and whether he's finished here - what he did in the years when things were going well deserves some sort of respect I think. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

What's he posted now?

"Don't care about what other people think of you. There will always be those people who want to see you fail because they can't succeed."

Â