Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Yeah, I think anyone with any kind of intelligence would just steer clear of Keane. It's clear from a mile off that his sole purpose in life is to cause conflict so you're gaining nothing by giving him what he wants. Gabby on the other hand is not smart enough to realise this.. 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

shows he has balls at least

Gabby ain't got no balls. If he did he wouldn't have gone into hiding since the Spurs game after being dropped and slated on TV. He would with the others be trying his hardest to get everyone fighting to keep us in the division. Fighting himself to prove to Garde and us fans that he really gives a shit about Villa. And if he was injured, the way the players all bum social media, they would use it to try and unite everyone connected with the club in support of the bigger picture.

My thoughts are that Gabby is a massive problem at the club and not being flavour of the month has massively dented his self important ego. Toys have been thrown and he is sulking not giving a shit what happens to the club as with most the long term players who are now being judged by a more impartial manger. After all to them it's just a job anyway. The sooner he is gone with the likes of Nzog and the rest of the wasters the better.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Wasn't it Gabby thay thought he had every right to back chat to Roy Keane. He is absolute poison.

I know a few people who are of the view  that Gabby is a terrible influence. 

I know he's been very poor. I know its been going on for years. I know he's not worth the wages paid to him. I know he should be moved on. 

But I can't help feeling he could be a useful sub for us. We have no pace upfront, no one to give us an option of the ball over the top. Should we not try and use him again?

• Like 2

On 9 January 2016 at 22:01, Arj Guy said:

If we keep players like him I think we'll struggle badly next season. Seriously, what on earth has he done to suggest that he's  worth keeping? Hope he **** off asap

We need a new team spirit built.

i don't think Gabby is one to have around.

15 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I know he's been very poor. I know its been going on for years. I know he's not worth the wages paid to him. I know he should be moved on. 

But I can't help feeling he could be a useful sub for us. We have no pace upfront, no one to give us an option of the ball over the top. Should we not try and use him again?

If you want to epitomise/ showcase pace.....look at Vardy

Gabby is one of the most limited versions of epitomising pace I can remember.....his pace has now diminished anyway.....and his goal scoring has shrunk in to oblivion.He is a spent force....whether he can resurrect his career at another club, who knows.

IMO in terms of brains he has mirrored just about all the management at our club, no wonder he has survived as long as he has.

If we are looking to turn the corner, we need to do it without GA anywhere close to us.while he is not solely responsible for our demise, he epitomises it.

........Bad apple IMO.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Claiming Agbonlahor as "poison" is ridiculous. He's obviously had some kind of fall out with the club, but haven't all of us over the last 5 or so years? He's probably pissed off with all the cutbacks lowering of expectations that's infested the club since 2010. If it were up to me I'd get him fit and get him back into the team as he's better than both Gestede and Kozak will ever be, and it'd be just like Gabby to get the goals just when they're needed. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Vardy and Gabby are interesting to compare - talent and ability wise, they're essentially the same player, and they're pretty much the same age - the difference is that at seventeen Gabby was in a premier league team, scoring on his debut. He's spent his whole career in the top league, a millionaire before he was twenty, fast cars, girls and massive houses in Little Aston. At 23, Vardy was playing for Stocksbridge Park Steels, working in a factory making medical splints, getting into trouble outside pubs and quite probably struggling to pay the rent. When Gabby scored his 50th Premier league goal, Vardy was at Fleetwood Town. 

Gabby's career opened with a bang; goals, girls, England caps, superstar status - he had everything a 23 year old could dream of - now he's approaching 30, bloated, over-comfortable and giving the appearance of a man who feels that this is his natural place in life. He's stopped working on improving. Vardy is your basic scumbag, who's figured out in his twenties that if he worked hard enough he could make something of himself, he looks like he can't believe his luck and that he'll do absolutely anything to hold onto this dream before age takes it away.

Talent wise. Ability wise. There's nothing between them. Their lives have lead them to where they are today. Attitude, experience and money have shaped their drive. 

I like Gabby a lot, and I sincerely hope that there's still time for him to realise the reality of his career, how he'll be remembered; but the lights are going out and the last chance saloon is running out of liquor.

Good post OBE...

Only difference is I don't very much like gabby at this moment in time. For all his history down the Villa in recent years he should be the one player out that squad looking to help any manager bring the team/squad together. The one telling the players, "when you put that shirt on 150% is all that is excepted". The one telling everyone to back the players, manager and come and support the team on Saturday. Instead we currently have a fat lazy b****** in the squad who is only interested in himself and isn't interested helping his boyhood club and those that have supported his limited attributes for the last decade or so.

You hit the nail on the head with your summary as the only real difference between gabby and vardy is Drive. Vardy has stacks whilst  gabby has none. The bottom line here for me is if he had the drive we would be nearer to safety, if not safe,I think he would've been far better playing instead of Sinclair on that left side adding far more counter attacking pace to our team and threat up top. He hasn't though and instead done an NZog and gone hiding just happy to pick up his wages and do nothing in return.

I know of 32,000 fans down the Villa yesterday that wouldn't give a shit about the money and put in far more effort if able to try and help us get out this situation. That says it all about the so called Mr Aston Villa imo. And I would also bet that should he leave he will start to produce what he isn't producing here somewhere else. That f**** me off tbh.

Can't wait for him to be shown the door now.

40 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Vardy and Gabby are interesting to compare - talent and ability wise, they're essentially the same player, and they're pretty much the same age - the difference is that at seventeen Gabby was in a premier league team, scoring on his debut. He's spent his whole career in the top league, a millionaire before he was twenty, fast cars, girls and massive houses in Little Aston. At 23, Vardy was playing for Stocksbridge Park Steels, working in a factory making medical splints, getting into trouble outside pubs and quite probably struggling to pay the rent. When Gabby scored his 50th Premier league goal, Vardy was at Fleetwood Town. 

Gabby's career opened with a bang; goals, girls, England caps, superstar status - he had everything a 23 year old could dream of - now he's approaching 30, bloated, over-comfortable and giving the appearance of a man who feels that this is his natural place in life. He's stopped working on improving. Vardy is your basic scumbag, who's figured out in his twenties that if he worked hard enough he could make something of himself, he looks like he can't believe his luck and that he'll do absolutely anything to hold onto this dream before age takes it away.

Talent wise. Ability wise. There's nothing between them. Their lives have lead them to where they are today. Attitude, experience and money have shaped their drive. 

I like Gabby a lot, and I sincerely hope that there's still time for him to realise the reality of his career, how he'll be remembered; but the lights are going out and the last chance saloon is running out of liquor.

On that note then we can look forward to the day when Messi and Ronaldo melt in the oblivion of the high life.....just like Ryan Giggs did(not)

no I'm sorry I just don't agree at all with your correlation, but a good try for someone who is positive about him.

we all have our personal opinions about him.

do you want to choose the North Pole or the South Pole......and I will chose the other on this topic.

54 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Talent wise. Ability wise. There's nothing between them. 

........are you serious or is that a joke?

if you asked Gabby to run between the lines......he would look for a railway station.

Edited by TRO

Â