Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

9 minutes ago, useless said:

I just meant in general there's some truth to the statement. Not sure about the context of it.

Fair point. I can imagine (though it might not be true) Gabby didn't write that quote though, what he wanted to put is "you all want me to fail cus you're jealous". 

Is suppose he's always been a bit barmy though eh. Either way, idiot!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phumfeinz said:

No Villa fan wants to see him fail, we'd all love for him to be scoring for fun. The majority are just fed up with his lack of effort over the last 5 years and rightly want to see him move on as he offers nothing to the club any more. 

100% right.
If I could shake him and spend 6 months developing two things it would be shooting early and always making runs.
He doesn't even need to be a goal machine, he just needs to stretch the defence and test both the keeper and a defenders positioning.

That hasn't happened for more than 3 games in a row since MON, it's his and managements fault and it seems the only conclusion is to let him go.

Assuming he isn't injured then you can only assume he isn't busting his balls in training to impress Garde. Given our lack of decent options up front he should still at the very least be capable of working his way onto the bench.

As I stated a few days ago I like Gabby but the fact he can't force his way into contention in a poor side, especially up top, means it is likely he isn't trying hard enough.  By his actions in training he should be making it impossible for Garde to not pick him but I get the impression he has gone the other way and is making it easy.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

Gabby's instagram post was composed of multiple words structured into a sentence with punctuation. I think he's been hacked.

No pauses mid-sentence for sniffling either

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

NO. Some of you trying to find any reason under the sun to castigate the lad is what is embarrassing.Pathetic!

sadly he is an easy target, always has been. He hasnt played in about 3 months and for some he is reason we are bottom

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

sadly he is an easy target, always has been. He hasnt played in about 3 months and for some he is reason we are bottom

Well he is part of the team that is currently bottom, why should he be exempt from criticism? He has played a part in this woeful season. I go back to that Spurs performance it's performances like that which absolutely infuriate me, sadly a performance like that has been all too common with him these past couple of years. I think he currently sums up the management too, renewing his contract when we did was a big mistake and I said so at the time. I can't believe we renewed his contract based on football performances. 

He hasn't played for 3 months so can't be criticised?

Yeah. 

Maybe if he had been scoring goals and wasn't shit for five years, it didn't stroll around like he was king of the pitch - and then cry on Instagram when he can't do that anymore - maybe then we'd show a little more support!

19 minutes ago, DK82 said:

He hasn't played for 3 months so can't be criticised?

Yeah. 

Maybe if he had been scoring goals and wasn't shit for five years, it didn't stroll around like he was king of the pitch - and then cry on Instagram when he can't do that anymore - maybe then we'd show a little more support!

Last time I checked football was played by 11 people at a time. Also, come off the Instagram thing, it is proper pathetic. You are not even sure what the hell he was talking about or the context. Either way it is just a friggin post lol. When does it stop? Footballers can't post anything which may remotely reflect, OR NOT reflect their current situation? Proper "reaching" as they say. lol. Us armchair football players are the best I tell ya! ;)

• Like 1

Â