Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

I have just read that Gabby has said he doesn't want to leave the club.

Remi has been reported as saying I don't want him training with the first team.

There seems more to this than meets the eye.

I dont blame Gabby at all, its a major **** up by the club as he didnt deserve a deal at the time

If I got paid a large salary for 2.5 more years for doing **** all I wouldnt be in a hurry to move especially as he wont be getting same wage at another club

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TRO said:

There seems more to this than meets the eye.

Not really, he's shite and because of the terrible way the club has been managed we'll have to pay to get rid of him or just let him rot. Just like a whole host of players we've had since randy Lerner took over. Always a permanent bomb squad.

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Pulis willing to pay 1.5mill?

take it, I'll cancel my work commitments for this weekend immediately and fly back to brum to drive him there personally

To be honest mate just clearing him from the wage bill would make a huge difference. As such, I'd be tempted by any offer at all. 

I just can't see it though really, especially because of those wages. Baggies won't pay that sort of money for Gabby, and what's in it for Gabby? Because for me he is nowhere near as good as Rondon (sp?) So he'd likely be taking a far size pay cut just to swap one bench for another. 

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

To be honest mate just clearing him from the wage bill would make a huge difference. As such, I'd be tempted by any offer at all. 

I just can't see it though really, especially because of those wages. Baggies won't pay that sort of money for Gabby, and what's in it for Gabby? Because for me he is nowhere near as good as Rondon (sp?) So he'd likely be taking a far size pay cut just to swap one bench for another. 

Unfortunately he won't be clear from the wage bill for another three years. We will be subsidizing a large amount I reckon.

As I said a few weeks back Pulis loves Agbonlahor and wanted to sign him for Stoke around 2012.

If he goes there he plays out wide imo or back up to Rondon as they will surely sell Berahino this window.

Remember this is a club that signed Anchiebe for 6m.

As bad as he has been the past few years, i think he should have been on the bench today. As KSV said he cant be as bad as Sinclair or Gestede. We may aswell play with 9 men when these 2 are on the pitch. I know Gabby isnt great but he will have at least one good game a season. A game like today would have been good for him imo. Bring him on for the last 10 mins and at least frighten the defence with his pace in behind, making there defence drop deeper and giving us more time in midfield. Him and Garde must have had a big bust up for him not to be anywhere near the bench today.

• Like 1

Just now, commander said:

Is he fit and just wasn't picked? 

not sure mate, but something has happened between the two because iirc he hasnt been in many of Garde's squads. i dont think he has been in any squad over the last month at least tbh

is he heck as, it's pretty clear to me that Gabby and Garde do not see eye to eye.

I get the impression that Garde does not suffer fools lightly and has seen Gabby for what he is, a joker in the dressing room who cannot be arsed to put in the effort on the training ground or pitch.

He's benched until sold and the 'injury' is to save face for all concerned, especially as its Mr Aston Villa.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

is he heck as, it's pretty clear to me that Gabby and Garde do not see eye to eye.

I get the impression that Garde does not suffer fools lightly and has seen Gabby for what he is, a joker in the dressing room who cannot be arsed to put in the effort on the training ground or pitch.

yet this is same manager who consistently picks Rudy

Â