Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Reading between the lines, it seems like Gabby didn't get on well with the French players and hasn't extended that to the manager. The English-French dictionary he got on the christmas video seemed to me at least a sarcastic gesture from team mates. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Reading between the lines, it seems like Gabby didn't get on well with the French players and hasn't extended that to the manager. The English-French dictionary he got on the christmas video seemed to me at least a sarcastic gesture from team mates. 

The "club captain" should welcome new players to the club and help them settle in. I guess it's another thing gabby can't do.

On 1/1/2016 at 22:15, TRO said:

I have just read that Gabby has said he doesn't want to leave the club.

Remi has been reported as saying I don't want him training with the first team.

There seems more to this than meets the eye.

I don't think so. Garde has realised Gabby is shit nowadays, and Gabby realises that he will be paid nowhere near his salary at the championship/league one club who might want to buy him.

6 minutes ago, Arj Guy said:

If we keep players like him I think we'll struggle badly next season. Seriously, what on earth has he done to suggest that he's  worth keeping? Hope he **** off asap

not be Scott Sinclair or Rudy Gestede ;)

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

not be Scott Sinclair or Rudy Gestede ;)

Lol. Gabby and Gestede are both utter shite but a few weeks ago I would say that Gabby was worse than Sinclair. Sinclair's performance today has forced me to think otherwise. But now I just thought of Gabby's special performance against Spurs. It's a tough call

Edited by Arj Guy

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

this is exactly what i thought when i watched that video. The way he reacted to it said it all to me.

3 hours ago, spiezels said:

Kozak hasn't been picked by any manager. Maybe he isn't the saviour some think he is.

No one thinks he is a savior. We just see him as another option that is not being used. Garde continues to use Gestede who has 3 goals in 20 appearances for the club! We just want Garde to try something because clearly what he is doing is not working. Plus Kozak was mostly injured/regaining fitness under Sherwood. With that being said, Sherwood also did not seem to fond of Libor. 

• Like 2

I also get the impression there's more to meet the eye where Gabby leaving is concerned.

I feel that Garde is being undermined in the dressing room by certain players, who are probably sulking after Sherwood left (as they were on easy street with him) and have more than likely been told a few home truths about their ability on the pitch and effort required on it and the training ground.

It's well documented Gabby is a big influence in the dressing room - if he doesn't like Garde, I anticipate he would be a clearing in the woods to deal with day in day out.

I think the Mr Aston Villa tag has clearly gone to his head (a bit like John 'Mr Chelsea' Terry - who at least was a decent performer on the pitch) and he thinks he's untouchable.

23 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Unfortunately he won't be clear from the wage bill for another three years. We will be subsidizing a large amount I reckon.

You would like to think his latest contract deal had a wages % deduction implemented for when we got relegated.

Â