coda

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 30/03/2024 at 22:16, AndyM3000 said:

They need a transfer window just to clear players out and create a smaller squad to start building things back together.

No, nope, no, they need to stay just as they are, it's hilarious.

On 08/03/2024 at 19:06, Genie said:

What exactly has Poch done in management to get a “world class” label?

I'm so glad he reportedly turned us down.

Massive bullet dodged.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/03/2024 at 22:16, AndyM3000 said:

They need a transfer window just to clear players out and create a smaller squad to start building things back together.

They are going to have a job clearing out some of those players....who'd take mudryk for example. They would have to pay to get rid of him. 

3 hours ago, villa89 said:

They are going to have a job clearing out some of those players....who'd take mudryk for example. They would have to pay to get rid of him. 

Selling all of Gallagher, Maatsen, Chalobah and that will get 100m on its own. Broja will be more difficult to shift given his lack of impact at Fulham.

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Selling all of Gallagher, Maatsen, Chalobah and that will get 100m on its own. Broja will be more difficult to shift given his lack of impact at Fulham.

Look at Wikipedia for the england u18s and u19s

Sees - leo casteldine - not a clue who he is, Southampton will buy him for £15m if they get promoted 

They'll get out of this shit 

Ronnie Stutter going to forest for £18m in the summer... 

Just got to hope that with FFP hitting everyone this ability to sell academy players for mental money stops for all the big 6

They would probably get a decent fee for Omari Hutchinson, seven goals and six assists for Ipswich, and is doing well besides those stats, always looks a constant threat. Wouldn't surprise me if they got between fifteen and twenty million for him. Edit he only has a year left on his contract, so maybe give him a new deal, let Ipswich have him for another year in the Prem, and then sell him next summer, when he might worth even more

• Like 1

Probably have some Saudi club buy Lukaku for £100m. Or Kepa, or Ziyech or... They got some money out on loan

• Ian Maatsen
  • Romelu Lukaku
  • Armando Broja
  • Lewis Hall
  • Ângelo
  • Andrey Santos
  • Kepa Arrizabalaga
  • David Datro Fofana
  • Hakim Ziyech
  • Gabriel Slonina
  • Lucas Bergström

• Like 1

Lewis Hall is a mandatory purchase for Newcastle I think 

Angelo, andrey and fofana should all be kept around, they've also got a Venezuelan and French / ivory coast kid coming in the the summer too as well as I think another French CM and a French winger 

What's happened to Harvey Vale @useless? I always thought he was a weak link in the England set up stealing a shirt because he was captain 

1 hour ago, sne said:

Probably have some Saudi club buy Lukaku for £100m. Or Kepa, or Ziyech or... They got some money out on loan

• Ian Maatsen
  • Romelu Lukaku
  • Armando Broja
  • Lewis Hall
  • Ângelo
  • Andrey Santos
  • Kepa Arrizabalaga
  • David Datro Fofana
  • Hakim Ziyech
  • Gabriel Slonina
  • Lucas Bergström

The likes of Kepa and Lukaku probably have book values that are prohibitively high and prevent them from turning a big profit on them. 

I've been quietly enjoying Broja's failure at Fulham, seems clear they'll struggle to get much north of £20m for him, when they were busy demanding £50m in January. They'll get decent money for Maatsen and Hall but there's a danger they have to sell players they'd ideally be starting, ie Gallagher, Colwill and if any bidders can be found, James. 

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Look at Wikipedia for the england u18s and u19s

Sees - leo casteldine - not a clue who he is, Southampton will buy him for £15m if they get promoted 

They'll get out of this shit 

Ronnie Stutter going to forest for £18m in the summer... 

Just got to hope that with FFP hitting everyone this ability to sell academy players for mental money stops for all the big 6

His Dad used to play for Wimbledon in the late 90s and married Lucy Alexander who presenter Homes under the Hammer for years!

spacer.png

I think Southampton are more obsessed with funding Man. City FFP. They must've given Man. City nearly 100m in last two seasons for youth players and even now the likes of Edozie aren't really regulars for them. Maybe that will change with Jason Wilcox joining Man. United.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

The likes of Kepa and Lukaku probably have book values that are prohibitively high and prevent them from turning a big profit on them. 

I've been quietly enjoying Broja's failure at Fulham, seems clear they'll struggle to get much north of £20m for him, when they were busy demanding £50m in January. They'll get decent money for Maatsen and Hall but there's a danger they have to sell players they'd ideally be starting, ie Gallagher, Colwill and if any bidders can be found, James. 

Aren't they getting 3-4m every game Broja isn't playing or something ridiculous.

I think a good thing with Chelsea's lack of standing now is they can't bully other teams into paying way over the odds fees because they're getting some of the best training development in the prem. They could get away with that winning the European cup and finishing top 3 but not now when they could easily finish bottom half for two successive years.

If we play the team and not the name, we should bury these.

Doing the double on Chelsea and Arsenal plus winning at Spurs and beating Man City, all in one season? Yes please.

Just need to hope we are fit and raring to go when we play them and not missing the cursory midfielder.

Can't believe how quickly we've overtaken them. Back to back finishes above them now. Who saw that coming less than 18 months ago? 

• Like 1

Â