coda

10 hours ago, MaVilla said:

in before they change FFP to a salary based system (salary to turnover) only, and if you arent in Europe you dont actually need to adhere to it, so now, Chelsea, who arent in Europe, and it has no negative effects on them at all, but they can keep spending because their turnover is so high, they will just need to sell some players before the next time they get in to europe.

.....or something something something.

Yeah if they change the rules then I don't stand by my prediction. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are apparently going to meet with Saudi Arabia about offloading more players this summer. Kepa, Sterling, Lukaku and Cucurella among the players mentioned

Must be nice to get around the rules so blatantly and flagrantly for so long, and have a fanbase that can just shout you down with “when was the last time you “won” a trophy?” 

That Russian and Middle eastern money has done irreversible damage to football in this country. Man Utd winning everything all the time needed to stop, but what came next has been just as bad.

• Like 1

On 08/03/2024 at 23:40, HanoiVillan said:

They supposedly need this money before the end of June, ie before the window even opens.

We'll see, but my bet is they are not going to be okay, and are going to be in breach of the rules (unless the rules change substantially)

Their new plan seems to be offering all of Lukaku, Kepa and Cucurella to Saudi Arabia if the domestic transfers are going to be a struggle to conclude before June 30th.

Lukaku didn't want to go to Saudi last summer but he hasn't done much at Roma so that's a probable. Can't help thinking Kepa was probably not thinking of that league getting a loan to Real Madrid. Neither would Cucurella considering he was on upward movement going from Getafe-Brighton-Chelsea so that could be a good lesson to any young player not to consider Chelsea as they can chew you up and spit you out again so quickly.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Sterling had a absolute shocker today. 

only saw the highlights but it looked laughably bad, couldnt work out if they were booing him or mudryk, that free kick...

would say that the foul for the penalty says more about him though, his body shape for that first touch is terrible, he always looks like bambi on ice rather than a natural footballer

On 18/03/2024 at 08:12, villa4europe said:

only saw the highlights but it looked laughably bad, couldnt work out if they were booing him or mudryk, that free kick...

would say that the foul for the penalty says more about him though, his body shape for that first touch is terrible, he always looks like bambi on ice rather than a natural footballer

Always thought he was an average overhyped player, got carried by City for years.  

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

…”all the data*”

*except points 

...and goals, shots, shots on target, possession, passes, touches, touches in the opposition box, expected goals for and against, and big chances. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

…”all the data*”

*except points 

In fairness the Chelsea data is the same data that left them with Lampard, Caicedo Cucurella, Mudryk

Actually they are probably reading Brightons data

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I thought people said Chelsea were improving.

This late into the season and they still aren't even in the top half!😂

Indeed this time last year we went to Stamford Bridge and won which knocked them into the bottom half and they've largely stayed there for 12 months.

I genuinely thought Poch would be a good appointment for them.

44 minutes ago, Xela said:

Still think you should be fourth, Poch, you rocket polisher?

Yes they should be based on money spent.  

So why aren’t they Poch?? 

Is he saying he is shit?💩 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Yes they should be based on money spent.  

So why aren’t they Poch?? 

Is he saying he is shit?💩 

Yeah there's where I'm at

All the stats say they should be 4th

But they're not.... 

Does that throw poch under the bus or the players? Is he trying to say blind luck is **** them up or raheem sterling? 

Â