coda

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Cole Palmer on 20 league goals....how on earth did that happen?! Chelsea must've been awarded about 15 penalties this season even if he is a very good player.

He has scored 7 goals in a week. 

• Shocked 1

1 minute ago, GlobalVillan said:

He has scored 7 goals in a week. 

Even then I thought he was only on 12-13 goals!

Chelsea didn't sign him until three games into the season so 20 goals from 27 prem games is even better than what Lampard was producing in his heyday.

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Even then I thought he was only on 12-13 goals!

Chelsea didn't sign him until three games into the season so 20 goals from 27 prem games is even better than what Lampard was producing in his heyday.

9 pens tho

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, The_Steve said:

The difference is the owners sold them to another company they own. It utterly stinks. 

Did you get this upset when we did the same thing with our stadium?

12 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Trophyless again. Well done Todd 👏

I think they will be better next season than this.

They look very much like a work in progress with young immature players who will like get better each season as they get more experience. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

They look very much like a work in progress with young immature players who will like get better each season as they get more experience. 

They probably will but I still think the whole project was unnecessary and has set them back several years. They had a team that won things and disassembled it for basically no reason to replace it with a ridiculously expensive one that doesn't win (yet).

Edited by villan95

25 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Yep I think so too.

3 hours ago, LondonLax said:

The argument for that is that quietly, they're in quite good form. Think this was the first game they've lost in 90 minutes for about 12 weeks or something. 

The argument against is that they've had more than one of these false dawns already, and PSR could yet bite in terms of the composition of their squad next season. 

• Like 3

They look a lot better than United performance wise.

They are much more likely to be more dangerous next season

8 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

The argument for that is that quietly, they're in quite good form. Think this was the first game they've lost in 90 minutes for about 12 weeks or something. 

The argument against is that they've had more than one of these false dawns already, and PSR could yet bite in terms of the composition of their squad next season. 

On the metrics that people love (xG, xA, xPts etc) Chelsea are right up there in the league - "ahead" of us.  I guess it's probably the difference between having Jackson and a better finisher.

13 hours ago, LondonLax said:

That's what we thought under Lambert.

They're a billion miles off it.

Â