coda

21 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

What are the values on these two deals, the hotel and the training ground?

How much have Chelsea artificially boosted their income by?

Hotels were £76m, training ground not disclosed yet, but Borson mentioned in excess of £100m

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

Hotels were £76m, training ground not disclosed yet, but Borson mentioned in excess of £100m

i wonder if its something else that they will try to close the loop on after Chelsea do it (ie: 6/7/8/9 year contracts etc).

Having watched Chelsea many times this season, I've seen many good things. They'll be a force next season. The biggest threat to our top4 position.

• Like 1

On 13/05/2024 at 14:16, AVTuco said:

Having watched Chelsea many times this season, I've seen many good things. They'll be a force next season. The biggest threat to our top4 position.

It came up in Poch's interview today that they're 4th in the table since Boxing Day

Obviously they were shocking before that, and they didn't have Europe to think about, but that's a solid run of form over 4+ months, you're right, they're likely to be a big threat next season.

• Like 1

On 13/05/2024 at 14:16, AVTuco said:

If you think Liverpool, Arsenal and Man City will be as strong as they are this season? Tbh I can only see us improving, we have some money to spend and bring new players in plus we have our extensive injury list to clear. I wouldn't worry too much about Chelsea, they have alot of work to do to catch us, they managed to draw with us when we was at our lowest. 

3 hours ago, tinker said:

If you think Liverpool, Arsenal and Man City will be as strong as they are this season? Tbh I can only see us improving, we have some money to spend and bring new players in plus we have our extensive injury list to clear. I wouldn't worry too much about Chelsea, they have alot of work to do to catch us, they managed to draw with us when we was at our lowest. 

Managed? They played us off the park...we hardly had a kick in that 2nd half.

33 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

Managed? They played us off the park...we hardly had a kick in that 2nd half.

Sorry , what was the score , thought it was a draw? How.many time have we played teams, '"off the park" and ended up losing ..XG though ay we lost on XG 😄

Just now, tinker said:

Sorry , what was the score , thought it was a draw? How.many time have we played teams, '"off the park" and ended up losing ..XG though ay we lost on XG 😄

All i am saying don't underestime them next season. They have bags of talent in that squad, and if you talking about results they did amass more points than us in 2024. They will be dangerous.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Close to qualifying for Europa, how has that happened 🤣

They've a lot of very good players. Much better squad than the likes of Newcastle or man utd. Plus injuries aren't likely to affect them as badly given they have 68 man squad. 

How's Aston Villa legend Carney chuwuemeka getting on? 😬

18 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Close to qualifying for Europa, how has that happened 🤣

Guaranteed to be in Europe as long as Man City win the FA Cup.

On 14/05/2024 at 19:17, tinker said:

Why wouldn't Man. City be as strong next season? They won't drop off from 89-91 points while Pep is there (or they actually get a punishment for the 115 charges).

Arsenal have also gone from 85 to 89 points in their first CL season for six seasons.

Liverpool, that's the interesting one. They could certainly drop down a few places if they have a slow start.

If you look at our trajectory over last 18 months we've basically mimicked what Newcastle have done a season later.

Unless people genuinely think Howe has done a terrible job then going down from 4th to 7th/8th is a natural drop for where they are currently so wouldn't shock me if the same happens to us.

The CL games will be far more draining than playing Europa Conference group stage before xmas so I can't see our form being as good as it was between September-December.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

They look a lot better since Enzo got injured. 

I mentioned that a few games back. Pivot of Caciedo-Gallagher with Palmer in a floating 10 + two quick wingers and they're scoring far more goals. I think with a midfield three of Enzo-Caciedo-Gallagher it just takes them too long to move the ball up to the forwards.

Think Jackson will be playing far more off the left next season and that will also suit him more.

• Like 1

As much as they have improved since the turn of the year, their defence is shocking and their best defender is leaving on a free in the summer.

26 games in all comps, 6 clean sheets.

5 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

As much as they have improved since the turn of the year, their defence is shocking and their best defender is leaving on a free in the summer.

26 games in all comps, 6 clean sheets.

It could all click for them but similar to you, I see a squad with serious question marks;

Best GK (kepa) is on loan at RM

Best CB (Silva) is leaving

Best RB (James) is either suspended or injured

Best LB (Chilwell) is always injured

Best CM (Gallagher) they seemingly keep looking to sell for FFP reasons

Best CF (Nkunku or Jackson depending on what you consider Nkunku) is either injured or blows hot and cold

all of this despite the huge outlay.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, _AA_786 said:

It could all click for them but similar to you, I see a squad with serious question marks;

Best GK (kepa) is on loan at RM

Best RB (James) is either suspended or injured

Best LB (Chilwell) is always injured

Best CM (Gallagher) they seemingly keep looking to sell for FFP reasons

Best CF (Nkunku or Jackson depending on what you consider Nkunku) is either injured or blows hot and cold

all of this despite the huge outlay.

Well you could look at this the other way, they are 4th best team since December in spite of all that. Imagine if they can get those players playing again.

Â