coda

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea puts to bed the myth that you can just buy a trophy or a league, I don't love Citeh at all but they're more than just money. They're a well run club with a shitload of money.

Chelsea are a posh joke and a wealthy shambles.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’d like to see the numbers behind Lampards managerial career. Or at least his PL record. It must be up there with the worst ever?!

Premier League record is:

Managed 98 Won 37 Drew 19 Lost 42. Goal Difference -5

20 of them wins were his 1st season at Chelsea when they had a good team which makes it look respectable

Have the fans turned on boehly yet? It’s been a disaster with some mad decisions made yet you can’t question the financial backing he has provided

plus he is clearly out of his depth and doesn’t really seem to know much about soccerball 

Friend of mine is a Watford fan. We are both convinced Frank will go there next when Wilder is bounced out of Vicarage Road. 

It's exactly the sort of thing the Watford owners would do and Frank clearly has no shame in stealing a living a little longer.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Premier League record is:

Managed 98 Won 37 Drew 19 Lost 42. Goal Difference -5

20 of them wins were his 1st season at Chelsea when they had a good team which makes it look respectable

Yeah his full prem record since he was allowed to spend in summer 2020 is (as far as I've worked out) 17 wins, 13 draws and 30 defeats. I actually thought he did a half decent job in 19-20 with the younger players but since then....yikes. He's on 1.06ppg in that run, and dropping every week atm. 

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Has Frank Lampard ever been fat, or slightly overweight? 
I wonder where the “fat Frank” nickname has come from.

Alliteration and the fact it seemed to annoy him. I think it was started by West Ham after he left. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Yeah I liked the way they organically hoovered up all those trophies over the last 20 years 😀

Did money alone do it, clearly not.... They've also had some brilliant managers in their prime and also some elite backroom people.

This is emphasised by the massive meltdown.

Is there a points per pound table anywhere? 

Would be interesting not just for this season but others as well. 

edit - Found this below. 

Forest worst, Chelsea next. Brighton and Brentford best performers followed by us and Palace. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/transferausgabentabellenplatz/wettbewerb/GB1

Edited by villaglint

In 12 months have there ever been so many bad decisions made at a football club as Chelsea have.

Sack Tuchel because there was only room for one ego

Sack Cech and the director of football 

Spend half a bill on 50% young players who might be good in the future and 50% on sterling etc who have nothing left to prove or overpriced crap like Cucarella 

And of those untested players give them 8 year contracts 

Spend 20 mill on buying potter out of his brighton contract . 

Pay him 12 mill a year and sack him 5 months later 

Have to extend the changing rooms because they cannot fit all the players in. 

Appoint a manager who had just been sacked from Everton to galvanise the boys 

Lose 5 in a row . 

That Boehly needs sacking. Clearwater Capital have now put in about 4.5 billion for the above return on investment. 

• Like 2

Â