coda

Just now, maqroll said:

I like Frank, but he's probably too much of a nice guy and doesn't have the skill to get the slugs he's in charge of to perform better.

At this point, Boehly himself might be as good an option in the dugout.

Meanwhile Frank is doing serious damage to his future prospects of managing any club in any top flight, ever.

Prospects??? He'll never manage a top team ever again.  Within 12 months he'll be a Sky pundit

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it too late for them to sabotage the Fat Sam to Leeds deal?!

Shambles of a club, have been for years really but Boehly looks set to preside over a disaster of a spell before he realises that having played a few seasons of Football Manager 20/21 does not qualify you to interfere. 

I’m not sure a single one of their signings from the past 12 months has come off, or looked good for them. Some of them will be a millstone round the neck of the club for years to come potentially. They thought they were being clever with all the amortisation shit, fingers crossed it continues to implode at speed.

I think Frank might knock this management thing on the head after this season, might be wrong, depends how much he wants to persevere with it.

Lampard’s record is understandably getting a lot of attention but it’s worth looking at Chelsea’s run of results in 2023, all competitions.

DLLLWDDDLLLWWWDLDLLLLLL

Played 23 

Won 4

Drawn 6

Lost 13

Goals for 14

Goals against 30

Points 15 (from 18 league games)

For those curious the three wins in a row were Leeds, Dortmund and Leicester. They then drew with Everton and lost to us. 

They actually haven't beaten anyone in the current top 10 all season, besides us, but even then that was when Slippy G was in charge and we looked set to be battling relegation.

Just diabolical.

Edited by Mantis

7 hours ago, will87 said:

I think Frank might knock this management thing on the head after this season, might be wrong, depends how much he wants to persevere with it.

Needs to drop down a couple of levels and learn the trade properly rather than using his Chelsea contacts to get a bunch of loan signings to artificially boost the team. Doesn’t seem like he knows how to coach a team.

5 hours ago, Mantis said:

They actually haven't beaten anyone in the current top 10 all season, besides us, but even then that was when Slippy G was in charge and we looked set to be battling relegation.

Just diabolical.

Chelsea should have been wiping the floor with us according to Stevie

6 hours ago, Mantis said:

Just diabolical.

"Chelsea should be wiping the floor with us".

Steven Gerrard beat Villa before we even took to the field against Chelsea. 

• Like 2

He’s going to have to live with a lot of James Bond jokes if he goes “007” with a loss in his next game.

(no wins, no draws, 7 losses).

On a serious note, I’m pretty certain Sam Allerdyce would have been a better option. 

8 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Lampard’s record is understandably getting a lot of attention but it’s worth looking at Chelsea’s run of results in 2023, all competitions.

DLLLWDDDLLLWWWDLDLLLLLL

Played 23 

Won 4

Drawn 6

Lost 13

Goals for 14

Goals against 30

Points 15 (from 18 league games)

For those curious the three wins in a row were Leeds, Dortmund and Leicester. They then drew with Everton and lost to us. 

So basically they are perfect for one another. Losers. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I have a smidgeon of sympathy for Lampard. He is utterly useless and massively out of his depth, but he seems less of a clearing in the woods than Gerrard. 

It puts to bed the usual “let’s give these young english managers a chance” talk. I doubt Uncle Harry will  have a leg to stand on defending him this time 

Edited by gwi1890

3 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

It puts to bed the usual “let’s give these young english managers a chance” talk. I doubt Uncle Harry will  have a leg to stand on defending him this time 

But he knows the club?

37 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

In fairness young English managers deserve a chance if earn it

Big name egotistical ex players that think they can manage dont deserve a chance

10 hours ago, maqroll said:

Meanwhile Frank is doing serious damage to his future prospects of managing any club in any top flight, ever.

He shouldn't have got another top flight job after the first time he managed Chelsea. He DEFINITELY shouldn't have got one after he managed Everton.

Yet here he is

Being a white ex footballer (a good one) is a huge asset if you want to be in the management game

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Genie said:

On a serious note, I’m pretty certain Sam Allerdyce would have been a better option. 

I would guess that literally any manager from the top 2 flights of English football, or decent experience at those levels, would have been a better choice

Pardew or Sherwood would have got more out of them than Frank has

• Like 1

Â