coda

28 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Have you got to credit Boehly here to some extent for his patience?

Chelsea appear to be a team that will give a manager a more than fair chance to turn things around.

Yeah I think so. 
Under Roman he’s gone by now 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Chelsea appear to be a team that will give a manager a more than fair chance to turn things around.

Pity the fans don't share the same generosity 

56 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

No I don't think so, more likely his American naivety or they are still doing the numbers on it. 

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

I find takes like this so annoying. Such a brain dead way to view the world. Believe it or not, there's more to life and being a professional than the money you make. 

Totally agree, but it comes with the job sometimes though, an you make your own decisions. Do you think he didn't  know managing Chelsea comes with a very high degree of stress and pressure. They pay the big money, cause its a big job.

On 20/02/2023 at 11:56, The Fun Factory said:

Always thought he was massively overrated. Has taken his nongoal scoring tactics to a bigger club and has delivered similar results. Brighton look better off without him.

Might be  a bit leftfield but I can see Southgate going to Chelsea. He looks bored at England and might be something that a American owner might do.

Under him Brighton would go for long stretches with little to no goals.

Overall last season only 4 teams scored less; Wolves and the 3 relegated teams.

A decent coach, but always seemed to be hyped as some guru like Bielsa was at Leeds

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

He didn't for Tuchel

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He didn't for Tuchel

He won’t want to admit being wrong after bringing his own man in, if Potter goes it will be the fans that force the decision. Question is who do they get in his place?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

True, but he didn't appoint Tuchel. I think Tuchel was a sitting duck really, a leftover from the previous regime.

But a far superior coach to Potter, with elite-level experience.  They might as well kept him this season and got a top level person this summer.

6 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

But a far superior coach to Potter, with elite-level experience.

Absolutely, Tuchel is a superb manager imo and someone that I think is if anything a little underrated, but any new owner will want to put their own stamp on things.

Potter would do well enough given time, but it's a poor fit. If he does get the summer, I'd expect them to be much better under him. He was good for Brighton. But having a billion players foisted on him is insane. 

28 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Absolutely, Tuchel is a superb manager imo and someone that I think is if anything a little underrated, but any new owner will want to put their own stamp on things.

I mean they might have just met the guy in person and thought who is this word removed. 

7 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I don’t think so, Boehly can’t sack him after what he said in the aftermath sacking Tuchel, he will only sack him if it gets really bad, Boehly will be saving face for as long as possible.

Edited by Tommo_b
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, villaglint said:

I mean they might have just met the guy in person and thought who is this word removed. 

Was about to say... From the reports I read... It's not Tuchels ability that in question.

He just seems to always bump heads with the hierarchy all the time.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

The only reason Potter is still there is that he was appointed by Boehly himself. The new owner doesn't want to admit he got it wrong so he's giving him every chance to turn it around. They'll miss the CL spots now and that will cost them £50m odd. Oh dear.  

Edited by villa89

Â