coda

6 hours ago, Rino8 said:

You must be new to football 

Unless the actual accounting standards change, these assets will be worth a lot for many years, that's just what it means to pay a lot of money for a player and give a long contract to them. 

He has lost the plot. He will be sacked when they lose to spurs next week.

Can see potter taking over newcastle as i think howe will be axed if they dont win carabao and dont qualify for CL

As for chelsea i think poch would be a good fit for them

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He has lost the plot. He will be sacked when they lose to spurs next week.

Can see potter taking over newcastle as i think howe will be axed if they dont win carabao and dont qualify for CL

As for chelsea i think poch would be a good fit for them

Why would they axe Howe for Potter? He has nothing on his CV to think he would be an upgrade

• Like 2

Just now, Zatman said:

Why would they axe Howe for Potter? He has nothing on his CV to think he would be an upgrade

I think potters stock will still be high after brighton. Lets face it as well boelhy looks like he has absolutely no idea what he is doing. Its probably very tough working under him

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yep theres nothing about newcastles owners or fans to suggest Howe would even be a hot seat if they end up doing **** all this season, he'll be fine

Always thought he was massively overrated. Has taken his nongoal scoring tactics to a bigger club and has delivered similar results. Brighton look better off without him.

Might be  a bit leftfield but I can see Southgate going to Chelsea. He looks bored at England and might be something that a American owner might do.

• Like 1

Potter’s been absolutely screwed over by Boehly and the wider Chelsea transfer strategy.

Consider the volume of players they’ve signed without even coming close to addressing the key issue in the squad (ST), then consider how good the squad was (relative to the rest of the division) before they decided to bring in 20 odd new players, many of which are all vying for the same few positions.

It’s one thing doing what Smith did, or what Cooper’s doing in signing a ton of players in order to stay up, that makes sense in some respects, but doing it when you already have a squad full of top level players just makes no sense at all.

Chelsea have quickly taken on the typical American traits of being loud and brash but with very little substance to actually back it up, if they (inevitably) get rid of Potter I hope they have a sustained period of underperforming, like forever.

Be craziness to get rid at this point. He’s such a decent coach, been given a difficult hand as the team always seems to be thrown together going off previous windows. I do wonder how much he actually knew about the incomings over the Jan window and whether or not he had a say… such a non-potter way of going about things. Part of me thinks (not including his bank balance) that he wishes he stayed at Brighton. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

Â