coda

9 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Looking at the limited highlights they had multiple decent chances to score (Mudric and Felix were particularly wasteful) but didn’t take them.

On another day it’d could’ve been a very different result.

I actually think Potter will get there with Chelsea and work out, which of the many players he has been provided suit his style of play best. 

The only fears for him are Boehly sacking him at the end of the season or having to deal with a quickly rotating merry go round of players coming in and out twice a season! 

We did exactly what chelsea did to us at villa park to them yesterday 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sne said:

On a related note. Chilwell really is a Jordi Alba, Bruno Fernandes level git. 

Yeah I thought he was acting like a complete self-entitled idiot.

Never really had much of an opinion about Chilwell until last night, but yeah he's a fool. 

Similar thing happened when I watched Saka do worse in our game at Villa Park a while back, total w*****

11 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Yeah I thought he was acting like a complete self-entitled idiot.

Never really had much of an opinion about Chilwell until last night, but yeah he's a fool. 

Similar thing happened when I watched Saka do worse in our game at Villa Park a while back, total w*****

Difference is, Saka's a really good player. 

On 08/11/2022 at 11:10, useless said:

I don't think Potter will last long at Chelsea but in a strange way I think it was a good move for him and his career, because if he'd have stayed at Brighton always a chance that they would eventually struggled and gone backwards to the cost of his reputation and if that had have happened he would have struggled to get a job at midtable Premier League team, maybe any PL team at all, we've seen it with so many managers in the past, flavor of the month one moment, and struggling to get a job the next.

Whereas joining Chelsea it's pretty much guarantees that even if he fails with them he's still going to get a decent job in his next role as Chelsea's squad is so good that it's virtually impossible to fail with them to the extent where other teams wouldn't want to go near him.

Just the fact that he's got Chelsea on his managerial CV will mean he will get a decent club when he leaves them, might not be another top four or top six team, but will be one of the best of the rest or maybe even England, whereas if he'd have stayed with Brighton and stagnated there might have struggled to get another Premier League job at all.

Good chance of Leicester.

Although he actually did worse at Chelsea than I thought he would.

Everyone could see they needed strikers, but this owner kept splashing the cash on every position bar a forward, potter isn’t a bad manager just have to see what he did with Brighton, wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up at Leicester 

Just now, HongKongVillan said:

This is real life Football Manager gone wrong. Given it wasnt great by Potter, but I wonder how many or if any, was his signings

Probably none. The owner just downloaded a wonderkid shortlist and starting making offers at random.

Â