coda

3 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

If you want a team that generally gets you shitload of draws then he's your man. To turn draws into wins he's not your man.

He has won 77 more games than he has drawn as manager

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, jim said:

You don’t get the two year grace period he got at Brighton with the big clubs.

They paid a world record transfer fee for him......of course he has a grace period. They arent going to sack a 22 million manager after 15 games

Maybe some childish fans that want Abramovich back are pissed but welcome to reality

I said to my mate a chelsea St holder i think you did some terrible business for the amount you spent.

They literally are building a mid table team. Wont be long until players like mount start thinking about foecing a move the way things are going

1 hour ago, KAZZAM said:

He has.. Pretty sure he scored in the last champs league game and also played in the last prem game. 

Just checked, 0 premier league appearances. 1 champions league game and 1 league cup appearance. And no reported injuries.

On 15/11/2022 at 18:51, Demitri_C said:

I said to my mate a chelsea St holder i think you did some terrible business for the amount you spent.

They literally are building a mid table team. Wont be long until players like mount start thinking about foecing a move the way things are going

Mount is probably their most overrated player, would fit right in at a midtable team.

On 12/11/2022 at 23:45, Zatman said:

They paid a world record transfer fee for him......of course he has a grace period. They arent going to sack a 22 million manager after 15 games

Maybe some childish fans that want Abramovich back are pissed but welcome to reality

There is a real possibility that they could be replaced by Newcastle in the 'Big 6' over the next few seasons.

• 4 weeks later...

I get that Chelsea are probably going to be looking at strikers in the January transfer window after Broja's unfortunate injury, but I don't understand why so many of their fans seem to want Ronaldo to join so much? Is he really what they need right now?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I get that Chelsea are probably going to be looking at strikers in the January transfer window after Broja's unfortunate injury, but I don't understand why so many of their fans seem to want Ronaldo to join so much? Is he really what they need right now?

One of my mates a chelsea fan fits into this catergory.  He desperately wants then to sign him. Why anyone would want him in england after his actions at utd ill never know

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Because most their fans don't actually watch any football. Someone pointed it out a while ago on VT and it remains probably the most apt football observation I've come across - their fan base is pretty much entirely made up of English far right EDL types and (mostly) overseas plastics who had no interest before the Abramovich years. You know those weirdos on social media who jump on any post which remotely criticises Cristiano Ronaldo? That's a significant portion of the Chelsea support

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Seems to be a bit of a scattergun sign all the talented youth players approach to their recruitment at the moment.

I wonder what their actual plan is.

Chukwuemeka, Casadei and Andrey Santos. Plus Fofana although need up top is more pressing. Onari Hutchinson was recruited in the summer although he looked very lively in the game in Dubai.

It could end up being smart business but that's a lot of very talented players battling it out for limited positions. I suppose like those before them they will head out on loan and could still turn profits. 

They're like Arsenal were 2-3 years back. Squad is a product of 3-4 managers and it's a mis-match of emerging young players who aren't ready yet and seniors who've seen better days and want to leave. Really need a few in that 23-27 age range for next season.

Low finish is certainly on the cards for them this season.

Â