coda

This is a decline in standards, whichever way you put it.....fact is, 2004-2012 chelsea wouldnt be signing these "stars of the future"....they would be getting the finished article.....the 'old school' chelsea fans in slough and Hounslow are up in arms about the transfer business they have done this year 😂

Edited by Villatillidie95

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Villatillidie95 said:

This is a decline in standards, whichever way you put it.....fact is, 2004-2012 chelsea wouldnt be signing these "stars of the future"....they would be getting the finished article.....the 'old school' chelsea fans in slough and Hounslow are up in arms about the transfer business they have done this year 😂

And we dont even know if these youngsters will actually turn out good

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

And we dont even know if these youngsters will actually turn out good

indeed, its certainly a gamble, i don't think may of their fans would have picked out any of these signings as ones that should be made tbh......Aubamayang excepted

Just now, Villatillidie95 said:

indeed, its certainly a gamble, i don't think may of their fans would have picked out any of these signings as ones that should be made tbh......Aubamayang excepted

I have a few mates that are chelsea ST holders and they dont like the strategy the clubs going even if its the future. They feel like before they were  shopping in waitrose now they shopping in aldi.

Furthermore they cant stand potter they want him out. They dont think he will last at the start of next season.  Sacking tuchel was a terrible mistake 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I have a few mates that are chelsea ST holders and they dont like the strategy the clubs going even if its the future. They feel like before they were  shopping in waitrose now they shopping in aldi.

Furthermore they cant stand potter they want him out. They dont think he will last at the start of next season.  Sacking tuchel was a terrible mistake 

same i know a couple too and get the same sentiment from them, i think they should have persisted with tuchel, he won the champions league with them in the space of 6 months when they were going nowhere....The problem with potters teams is putting the ball in the back of the net and it looks like its the same again this season. I do feel for them in a way because its very apparent to those who are not connected to the club that they are shopping a few levels below where they should be....kind of feels like us in the 2012 window when we were buying the likes of bowery, lowton, bennett, westwood etc... however you try to coat it, it is a severe decline in standards and expectation

21 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Same. I think potters been absymal there. Wouldnt suprise me if they sack him and try lure poch under spurs noses

They paid 25 million or something for him and gave him a 6 year deal. It would be one of the worst business decisions in football history to sack him.

They already turned down Poch for Potter

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They paid 25 million or something for him and gave him a 6 year deal. It would be one of the worst business decisions in football history to sack him.

Jesus. They gave him a 6 ywar contract? This juat seems like a worser and more expensive xia that ha sno idea what he is doing

39 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yeah but given what he's done so far it wouldn't be a huge surprise for Todd Boehly to do that, he doesn't seem the most rational

Basically got baited by Man City into blowing 60 mil on Cucarella in the summer

Then there's the story about him suggesting a 443 formation to Tuchel

Chelsea fans already turning on Potter

whats going on at Chelsea?

Are the squad having trouble adapting to Potters tactics?, or is Potter just not doing the business right now?

I know Chelski have some injuries etc, but their squad is more than capable of top 4/6 even with multiple injuries, with the squad they have there are no excuses for some of their performances.

Potter is a good manager but Chelsea felt.like  bad fit. He took time to establish himself at Brighton  but he doesn't have that luxury at Chelsea. Unfortunately for him the players really aren't that good. It's full of players who would be useful squaddies for a top 6 side but it lacks potency and real star quality. Lots of expensive mediocrity - relatively speaking. They're transfer policy needs adjusting and they need ti get rid of of a lot of rubbish and start over. Man United have had the same problem. 

Invest in potter and give him time to refresh the squad he would do well, but that might mean accepting finishing somewhere middling this season.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I’m not sure what to make of their new ownership yet. Signings seem all over the place.

Scattergun approach. Seems to be led by Boehly. Its like he's playing Football Manager

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MaVilla said:

whats going on at Chelsea?

Are the squad having trouble adapting to Potters tactics?, or is Potter just not doing the business right now?

I know Chelski have some injuries etc, but their squad is more than capable of top 4/6 even with multiple injuries, with the squad they have there are no excuses for some of their performances.

I think its a bad fit as rodders says. Its a big job after tuchel. Kind of feels that potter would have been good at somewhere like spurs newcastle. But chelsea fans are not warming to him at all.  This isnt going go end well i think

14 hours ago, jim said:

I’ll be amazed if Potter sees out the season.

Summarises the problem with football fans these days (not saying YOU, just generally).

Most people were saying the same about Arteta at Arsenal but the club stuck with him and are reaping the rewards. It can take time for a manager to come in and change the culture and playing style at a club. Potter has had 16 games at Chelsea and people are already speculating on him being sacked. It’s **** all time at a club. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Summarises the problem with football fans these days (not saying YOU, just generally).

Most people were saying the same about Arteta at Arsenal but the club stuck with him and are reaping the rewards. It can take time for a manager to come in and change the culture and playing style at a club. Potter has had 16 games at Chelsea and people are already speculating on him being sacked. It’s **** all time at a club. 

I absolutely agree, but giving a manager time has never been the way Chelsea work (in PL history at least) 

I think Potter is really good manager but one that needs time to implement his style on a club, so moving to a club renowned for not giving managers time always felt risky to me. I also can’t really ever remember Chelsea being a possession based side, more a big powerful bullying type team, which isn’t how Potter wants to play. 

28 minutes ago, bobzy said:

100%, but this is Chelsea they don’t have a good track record of giving managers time like Arsenal did with Arteta. 

They got rid of Tuchel way too soon but there were also rumours of off field bust ups.

Â