coda

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Who on earth is going to buy Chelsea now for anything less than a massive steal given the distressed seller. 

Probably someone who is mates with Abramovich. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Very nice of us to hang around and give him plenty of time to get his affairs in order, isn't it.

It’s actually sickening. Tories know where their bread is buttered. 

• Like 3

Just now, villa89 said:

Probably someone who is mates with Abramovich. 

Don't think so. It's a strictly legit deal to an interested Israeli businessman. You won't have heard of him, he goes to school in a different town, but his name is Nomar Hcivomarba, and he hates Russia.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Don't think so. It's a strictly legit deal to an interested Israeli businessman. You won't have heard of him, he goes to school in a different town, but his name is Nomar Hcivomarba, and he hates Russia.

He still goes to school?  How old is he? 😆

31 minutes ago, ender4 said:

He still goes to school?  How old is he? 😆

I was playing on the "my girlfriend goes to another school" thing, of making someone up. Best jokes are the ones you have to explain, eh. Anyway, I hear his dad runs Nintendo.

• Haha 1

Could someone more informed explain how he is going to be able conduct this business ie sell Chelsea if there are all these sanctions in place? Isn’t that the point…to make life difficult for him not enable him to realise their funds.

Fair play to Tuchel for his response here. Huge respect:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60585081

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich says he is planning to sell the club.

In a statement on the Premier League club's website, businessman Abramovich said he had made the "incredibly difficult decision" which "pains" him.

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I was playing on the "my girlfriend goes to another school" thing, of making someone up. Best jokes are the ones you have to explain, eh. Anyway, I hear his dad runs Nintendo.

Hold on a minute are you saying your girlfriend still goes to school?

Now then now then

Be interesting to see how this plays out over the next few days - it seems pretty clear that the two Russian owners are being given a chance to clear house at Chelsea and Everton before the sanctions kick in - a new owner might not be the end of the world for Chelsea, but I think it's fair to say that from a sporting perspective they'll do well to improve on Abramovich.

Everton could be in real trouble - they're at the bottom end of the cycle of investment, it's not worked out and they need a big financial kick start to get them back into it, if their money has to depart and they're left on the edge of relegation with a stalled new stadium they could be in real trouble - they might not be an attractive proposition to a buyer and it could put them in a very difficult position.

Â