coda

20 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

He's written off the loan of £1.5bn.

So has Roman Abramovich just donated £2bn to victims of the war in Ukraine?

Arise President Roman?

Note that it doesn't say what nationality those victims are.

• Like 2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Jono62 said:

Sky being Sky when someone comes armed with decent knowledge. (Think this is 2013).

"Yeah but he's.. he's grown to love Chelsea "

Well done Jim White, grasping the important message as usual!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Chelsea being Chelsea. Awful fans. A more successful Millwall. 

A lot of people in the comments defending it. I would recommend not reading the comments. They angry up the blood for no reason so my advice is to give them a miss. Majority of those commenting do not represent the actual majority of people. Just a few loud idiots

4 minutes ago, YLN said:

A lot of people in the comments defending it. I would recommend not reading the comments. They angry up the blood for no reason so my advice is to give them a miss. Majority of those commenting do not represent the actual majority of people. Just a few loud idiots

Id already read them unfortunately. 

On 02/03/2022 at 22:44, useless said:

These are their league finishes before Abramovich: 4th, 6th, 6th, 5th, 3rd, 4th, 6th, they also won two FA Cups in that time. Historically before he arrived they hadn't been that succesful, probably comparable to a team like West Ham or Wolves in terms of trophies won, but they were having a relatively (relative to their past) succesful time of it in the five or so seasons before Abramovich brought them.

Before Abramovich they had been bankrolled by Matthew Harding who was wealthy by PL standards then.

They had been spending far beyond their means buying success for a few years and were in real trouble when he died. 

But yea, prior to him they were nothing special, for much of my childhood they were a second division club. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

On 02/03/2022 at 22:44, useless said:

These are their league finishes before Abramovich: 4th, 6th, 6th, 5th, 3rd, 4th, 6th, they also won two FA Cups in that time. Historically before he arrived they hadn't been that succesful, probably comparable to a team like West Ham or Wolves in terms of trophies won, but they were having a relatively (relative to their past) succesful time of it in the five or so seasons before Abramovich brought them.

As we Villa fans know, though, finishing 4th or 5th back then didn't mean what it means now. It was similar status to what we'd call "mid table" now.

Nowadays a Top 6 PL finish means you're one of the top clubs in world football, attracting the world's best players, qualifying for Europe every season, etc.

It was only with Abramovich's arrival that Chelsea achieved that kind of status.

5 hours ago, sidcow said:

Before Abramovich they had been bankrolled by Matthew Harding who was wealthy by PL standards then.

They had been spending far beyond their means buying success for a few years and were in real trouble when he died. 

But yea, prior to him they were nothing special, for much of my childhood they were a second division club. 

Didn't Matthew Harding die about 1997. I dont think they even won a trophy in his time in charge

Â