Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

TBH, I wanted him gone twelve months ago.

Having said that, he's done what he's been asked to do this season in what's been some pretty poor looking performances, so we should give him credit for that. If he's got the chance to get game time elsewhere, then fair play to him, but he still did'nt quite convince me he could cut it here.

THIRTY-FIVE GRAND A WEEK...

That should help everyone posting that they can't understand why we've let him go.

I agree, but what is baffling is that we never even offered him a new deal at all.

Edited by samjp26

That should help everyone posting that they can't understand why we've let him go.

Lambert could pick up another 45 players for that kind of money.

• Like 1

Is this what he was asking for? It can't be what he was on (can it?).

That's what he's been reportedly offered at Leicester.

I agree, but what is baffling is that we never even offered him a new deal at all.

What I read suggested that we did make him an offer but couldn't match 35k/week. But in truth we should have wrapped up a new contract for him a few months back.

tbf, on a free transfer a 3 year deal would only be costing Leicester £5.5m all in. That isn't a bad deal.

The problem with releasing plyers like Marc is how much will it cost to replace him? Even if we pick someone up 'cheap' for ~£3m.

tbf, on a free transfer a 3 year deal would only be costing Leicester £5.5m all in. That isn't a bad deal.

The problem with releasing plyers like Marc is how much will it cost to replace him? Even if we pick someone up 'cheap' for ~£3m.

To be fair it's not like he was a regular in the starting line up anyway. I suspect they will look to Robinson and Grealish to step up and fill his boots. As for Leicester, the problem they will find is that every player they will want to sign this summer will look at that deal and use it to their advantage when negotiating. 

To be fair it's not like he was a regular in the starting line up anyway. I suspect they will look to Robinson and Grealish to step up and fill his boots. As for Leicester, the problem they will find is that every player they will want to sign this summer will look at that deal and use it to their advantage when negotiating. 

They will try but Marc is in the fortunate position of being available for free and proving in the second half of last year he is good enough for this level. Players always benefit financially when there is no transfer fee involved.

I expect he'll start the season as a first team regular.

They will try but Marc is in the fortunate position of being available for free and proving in the second half of last year he is good enough for this level. Players always benefit financially when there is no transfer fee involved.

I expect he'll start the season as a first team regular.

Yup, I expect him to do well next year, shame it'll be int he wrong colour shirt. He's been with us since he was 8 years old. Sad that it didn't work out for him here and wish him all the best for the future.

true but we have paid worse players more in years gone by. I think he might be a loss and think he will have a decent career

I think he's a good player and I'd have liked to have kept him.

The supposed wage demands were always going to rule him out of a stay though. Regardless of whether the fans think he's worth it or it works out better than signing someone else, AVFC just won't pay people that.

Sadly.

yeah can sort of understand, think the problem for fans is that 35k for a squad player seems to be the going rate at the moment, teams like Fulham, Stoke and West Ham have players on that in their squad

Â