Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

We need someone to be able to put in crosses for the big men, so I think he may be worth keeping for a place on the bench once he has got back into the swing of things, if that means a loan to a championship team first then fine.

Albrighton might not be good enough but I'm still hopeful that he'll have an opportunity this season. He was injured nearly all of last season whilst Paul Lambert was in charge so he never really had a chance either way in that regard unlike the likes of Ireland, Bannan etc who had more than enough.

I think Lambert is willing to give him a chance considering he took him on the Germany trip. Will he make it? A lot of us are doubtful but if he applies himself to the extent that he said he would just before pre-season and by chance gets a game or two who knows. He has scored some great goals and provided some excellent assists in the past so he needs to somehow recapture that through hard work.

I think I'm not the only one here who hopes he proves us all wrong and manages to take that extra step up as he really does love the club and wears the shirt with pride.

• Like 1

I'd  love to see Marc come through it all and establish himself again. He's got a fantastic ability to cross a ball, and with Benteke, Kovak and Helenius all in the squad, there's  definitely the chance for him to  get plenty of balls into the  box. The only question is at the expense of who. Definitely not Gabby on this form anyway. Andi? Perhaps, but I think that goal against Rotherham will pluck him up  a little/lot. I'd love to see him get another chance though

I've always been a fan of Marc's rare ability. He's been damned unlucky with his regular time consuming injuries, but there is still a very good right winger in there somewhere. With Lowton and Okore covering the right defensively a fit and confident Albrighton could deliver some killer service to a fast breaking, big and powerful front line.

I hope Marc gets a chance to play in this Villa team, because it is much better suited to MA than the one he struggled in before.

horrible luck with Injury and lack of confidence have ruined him, rather than lack of talent

but i agree he won't get the run of games he needs here.

bottom line is any player can have a good run of form and games and then never find that form again, would love Marc to find his mojo with us but doubt it will happen.

horrible luck with Injury and lack of confidence have ruined him, rather than lack of talent

but i agree he won't get the run of games he needs here.

bottom line is any player can have a good run of form and games and then never find that form again, would love Marc to find his mojo with us but doubt it will happen.

Can't agree at all.

He started to struggle because of lack of talent. He was found out towards the end of Houllier's season.

He's got the talent. He's got the desire. But he could do with a solid run of games somewhere. Needs to remain injury free and get a short loan spell under his belt

With Lambert buying in another striker a natural winger like Albrighton should be invaluable when we change formation

• Like 1

He has got to prove himself IMO and soon. 

I went through a stage of feeling the same way about Gabby. W

We get very attached to "our" youth products but we also tend to overestimate their ability and usefulness to the club. Albrighton needs a decent run of games playing football. Once the Loan window opens again I'd happily see him loaned out to a Championship/L1 club to get a consistent run of games under his belt. Then bring him back, give him and chance and judge him after that. 

Can't see where he would fit in, in the current set up.. Couldn't see him in the midfield three, and therefore the only position would be as the right forward ie Aw's position. Can't see how he would get in ahead of AW and Tonev is probably the back up for that as well.

Loan him out

Â