Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

Hes one of those players i desperately want to make it here unlike the likes of ireland etc who i just wanted gone. Was so exciting when he burst onto the scene so its weird that he lost all his pace and confidence and luckily i dont think lamberts given up just yet so theres still hope.

He was on the bench today which tells me he's at least working hard in training. Best of luck to him because he's actually proud to put on a Villa shirt.

Loyalty is certainly an admirable quality we all want from our players. That does'nt detract from the fact that he is'nt good enough to cut it in the Prem.

Then again, that's just my opinion.

• Like 1

He was on the bench today which tells me he's at least working hard in training. Best of luck to him because he's actually proud to put on a Villa shirt.

Loyalty is certainly an admirable quality we all want from our players. That does'nt detract from the fact that he is'nt good enough to cut it in the Prem.

Fully agree with this. 

• Like 1

He has been poor the past 2 seasons but he's been injured. 

But if Lambert has him on the bench then he definitely see's something. Injuries have definitely stunted his development as a player, so hopefully he gets some game time and takes his chance to prove himself again under PL 

Edited by KjParton

I don't disagree. If he's not good enough then we'll eventually let him go. The point was under Paul Lambert he hasn't really been given a chance and in the past he's proven he can play very well at this level, maybe not consistently but he has proven he can so he should be given the chance and us fans should show a little patience at least until the end of the season.

He's 24 in November - even by VT standards he can't be considered a promising youngster.

I don't think his loyalty has been put to the test. He hasn't turned down a move anywhere ?  - If he broke into the team did really well, and spurs came in for him - would he be so loyal then ?

No where near good enough - his early form on breaking into the team, is similar to what many youngsters produce and is generally a poor guide to a players capabilities.

He's 24 in November - even by VT standards he can't be considered a promising youngster.

I don't think his loyalty has been put to the test. He hasn't turned down a move anywhere ?  - If he broke into the team did really well, and spurs came in for him - would he be so loyal then ?

No where near good enough - his early form on breaking into the team, is similar to what many youngsters produce and is generally a poor guide to a players capabilities.

Why do they have to be a youngster to improve? So he's turning 24, so in Tonev in less than 6 months. Can he not improve? KEA had a poor first season, was he beyond improvement? Just because he's no longer 18-22 doesn't mean the lad can't improve.

In regards to loyalty. It's more to do with him actually being a Villa fan and kissing the badge everytime he scores. He's a player we should want to succeed imo.

I'm not even saying he will, he more than likely we be gone next summer but I hope he can bring back the energy, creativity and flair on a more consistent basis that made him originally such a bright young prospect 2-3 seasons ago.

Â