Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

good to see Marc impress. I knew he still has something to offer. I hope he starts in place of Wiemann against City. I think he will excel in that position as he has goals in him as well. Gabby and Albrighton can whip in crosses for Kozak as he doesn't seem to make his own chances.. he needs to be fed.

Biggest thing he's struggled with for the last few years is confidence.

Hopefully last nights performance will give him some of that.

Not been his biggest fan but thought he did really well last night. Reminded me of his first 1/2 season.

Yes he played with the same zest as when he first came into the side and that was in  game where the opposition were so superior to us .He gets crosses in which will be useful when Benteke is back.

Before the game thought last night might have been the last time we saw him in a Villa shirt before the game but he was excellent in second of half, could see after one good cross his confidence was coming back. Only issue with him really is how and whether he can fit into our formation.

Great to see the original version of  Marc Albrighton finally return. I would certainly throw him in against Man City to swing in those crosses for Kozak.

Going forward Albrighton is miles better than James Milner ever was but if he could just bring Milner's defensive attributes to his game he really could become the complete player for us.

Very promising performance yesterday though, no question.

Great, he had an attempt on goal.

What else did he do? He summed up all of my concerns about him once more during the second half when we didn't have a single player in the box and despite being in a good position he still crossed it in, to no-one.

He plays with his head down, it doesn't work any more.

Great, he had an attempt on goal.

What else did he do? He summed up all of my concerns about him once more during the second half when we didn't have a single player in the box and despite being in a good position he still crossed it in, to no-one.

He plays with his head down, it doesn't work any more.

He worked hard, tracked back, put several good balls into the box, was our only player who looked like an attacking threat, I think was the only player to even get a shot on target and bar Agbonlahor looks like the only other player in our squad who will try to take on and beat a defender. It's his first game back in months, of course he was gonna be rusty and make a few mistakes.

• Like 1

Â