Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

I don't think Lambert has any intention of reverting back to a system that uses wingers and I also don't think Albrighton has enough to his game at the moment to adapt so he can fit into the team. A move would suit everyone. He could, however, go out on loan and try to add to his game and then come back and be of use to us.

I don't think Lambert has any intention of reverting back to a system that uses wingers and I also don't think Albrighton has enough to his game at the moment to adapt so he can fit into the team. A move would suit everyone. He could, however, go out on loan and try to add to his game and then come back and be of use to us.

Based on his squad number (i.e. the fact that he's not in the 'bomb squad') it would seem as though he still fits into Lambert's broader plans. Agree that a loan until January would be the best option.

Based on his squad number (i.e. the fact that he's not in the 'bomb squad') it would seem as though he still fits into Lambert's broader plans. Agree that a loan until January would be the best option.

Agree with fab! Albie has a high workrate gets into goalscoring positions and can finish so he can fit into the system, whether he is good enough though is debatable! Personally I think if it wasn't for injuries and McLeish he would've shown he is good enough to be a squad player at least.  Under MON and Houillier (until he got burnt out) he was easily our best crosser and scored a few good goals.  He has the right attitude for Lambert to at least give him a chance! With him its about restoring confidence and staying fit, only then will we see what he's really capable of!

Don't agree with that. He played well with Downing, scored some goals, created others and most of all, showed some passion on the pitch and love for the club. Bannan doesn't come close.

You have a point about the squad number Fab, maybe Lambert feels like giving him a chance and a loan is on the cards as opposed to a more permanent transfer.

Get rid.

As useless as Bannan.

Is there any need to use such a disrespectful tone towards one of our home grown academy players?

The guy is a fellow Villa fan and he might be struggling to make the grade, it might be best for his career if he has a fresh start at a new club, but there is no reason to be so disrespectful about it.

People complain that 'there is no loyalty in football' but why should we expect any loyalty from the players if this is how the fans react when a player is struggling.

• Like 1

Yes, he needs to get his confidence back, but under Lambert he's always going to a fringe player at best. He needs regular football, which he's not going to get here. Just the same as Bannan, decent footballer on his day but too inconsistent for the Prem' IMO.

Get rid.

As useless as Bannan.

Is there any need to use such a disrespectful tone towards one of our home grown academy players?

The guy is a fellow Villa fan and he might be struggling to make the grade, it might be best for his career if he has a fresh start at a new club, but there is no reason to be so disrespectful about it.

People complain that 'there is no loyalty in football' but why should we expect any loyalty from the players if this is how the fans react when a player is struggling.

I didn't insult him as a person.

But he's not good enough. I don't think I have to sugar coat that on an Internet forum.

I'm not shouting at him on the street or sending him abusive tweets. I don't see the issue.

• Like 1

seeing as he is a good winger, id like to see him adapt more to being a wing forward and be back up to andi, i do however agree with the majority, but only because hes not going to see much match time at the moment

Where has he been? Haven't seen him in a while.

On a similar note, where's the Fonz at?

All those promising reserve team players have just turned out to be just that, reserve team players.

Fonz went back to blackpool for 6 months and marc was injured and i dont think hes really in the plans anyway.

Â