Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

I saw him at the Bochum game in pre season and thought he was lively and creating a lot of good chances.

There is no way that he can't make it as a good PL player, he just needs a season with a lot of games to grow.

Seeing as this will not happen, I agree to let him go on loan. If we sell him, we'll be moaning about him in a few years that he was actually not a bad player and we should have kept him a while longer.

Noticed him sitting by the dugouts at last night's game.

Would indicate he was the spare man in the squad and so would've been on the bench if we'd lost anyone to illness/injury in the warm up.

I think he'll have to move down to eventually move up again, very much like Whittingham.

Did very well when he first came in but that was with Young and Downing in the team. Teams would concentrate on stopping those two while not having a clue who Albrighton was and so he got extra space to work with.

As soon as those two left and he started getting double marked there wasn't a huge amount there tbh.

When Albrighton first game in the team he was brilliant. He would beat his man & put a wonderful cross into the box right on the money practically every single time. Then, for whatever reason, may be just a simple matter of losing his confidence, he now seems to over shoot the box with every cross & defensively he is just plain awful.

I would like to keep him long term however, even if he goes out on loan, because the guy definitely has ability he just needs to learn how to consistently put it together for 90 minutes on a regular basis.

Would like to think that he can still come good for us in the future because the potential is definitely there.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Shame really

When he first broke into the team the guy was an assist machine and was even in my fantasy team at one point then he had a few foot injuries and become distinctly average

He needs some game time under his belt 

Edited by AshVilla

He could be quite succesful in the Championship. I don't believe he ever had the mental aptitude for the Prem, especially when he got found out, but his heart was in the right place and deserves to play somewhere where they appreciate him.

yeah its odd. I remember when he first broke into the team.. we were calling him the next Beckham. His crosses/corners were unbelievably good and consistently good. How can he lose that ability? I hope Lambert can bring the best out of him. He was given shirt 12. So he must be highly thought of. Still in that young bracket that Paul likes and also he works hard. Potential is there.

Edited by KSV

yeah its odd. I remember when he first broke into the team.. we were calling him the next Beckham. His crosses/corners were unbelievably good and consistently good. How can he lose that ability? I hope Lambert can bring the best out of him. He was given shirt 12. So he must be highly thought of. Still in that young bracket that Paul likes and also he works hard. Potential is there.

He didn't lose anything, he was never that good at crosses. People on here over-hyped him so much, the comparison to Beckham is laughable. His crosses looked fancy as he put curl on them and he did a little run up that made you get out of your seat and go "Oooh", but he rarely got it past the front post, and his crosses hardly ever amounted to anything. As soon as he started getting closed down by defenders, his major weakness as a winger was exposed, he can't beat a full back. He has nothing in his locker to trick a defender, the best he can do is knock it past and try run on to it, but he's not strong/fast enough to do that and will just lose the ball. Like Bannan his place is in the Championship, he'll do well for a mid-table team, maybe one that get's the play-offs, but he will never be any more than that.

He didn't lose anything, he was never that good at crosses. People on here over-hyped him so much, the comparison to Beckham is laughable. His crosses looked fancy as he put curl on them and he did a little run up that made you get out of your seat and go "Oooh", but he rarely got it past the front post, and his crosses hardly ever amounted to anything. As soon as he started getting closed down by defenders, his major weakness as a winger was exposed, he can't beat a full back. He has nothing in his locker to trick a defender, the best he can do is knock it past and try run on to it, but he's not strong/fast enough to do that and will just lose the ball. Like Bannan his place is in the Championship, he'll do well for a mid-table team, maybe one that get's the play-offs, but he will never be any more than that.

He was not overhyped. His breakthrough season he actually was brilliant. The rest i would agree with.

Â