Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

I hope that he either gets a loan, to get some playing time, or that Lambert uses him in a 442, telling him to simply whip balls onto the head of Kozak/ Benteke/ Gabby/ Helenius. I'd love it if he can rediscover the form of a few seasons ago, he'd be a good squad option if he could.

He'll be further up the pecking order than N'Zogbia based on his wages alone.

How does that make any sense? Surely if Nzog and Albrighton were very similar in style and ability then it would make more sense to have the higher earner higher in the pecking order so that you are actually getting something from the investment. You have to pay them anyway.

I do believe Marc offers more to us than Nzogbia young English player just needs some runs off the bench could mature as Gabby seems to have managed.

He won man of the match in several games between August and Christmas 3 seasons ago (until he got injured) so plenty in there to retrieve.

• Like 1

I do believe Marc offers more to us than Nzogbia young English player just needs some runs off the bench could mature as Gabby seems to have managed.

He won man of the match in several games between August and Christmas 3 seasons ago (until he got injured) so plenty in there to retrieve.

I disagree, he has also played about 40 times since those man of the match awards and he was utter shite

I just don't see a future for Albrighton at Villa. Maybe a Whittingham type player in that he will be a very good championship player but just not good enough for the premier league.

Yes!

Get the confidence back in his game and he can be a very good championship player. Maybe a good premier league player in the future, but he isn't as of yet.

its a shame, i would of liked to see him do well, but he hadnt really had much game time last season and probably wont this season, he just doesnt fit into formation, we might be able to sell him for a really small fee in january but thats it

he definitely needs a loan spell 'cause I doubt he's even going to be getting on the bench here unless we have several injuries. Derby sounds a good option. Perhaps should be looking to loan Bowery & Gardner too (as long as we have recall options in case of injuries).

I remember the pass from Bannan to Albrighton that ended in a goal away at Fulham.  I though the future for those two was exceedingly bright.  The problem for Albrighton I think is that he looked a decent bet when deputising for either Ashley Young or Downing, but when they were both sold quick smart, relying on him and N'Zogbia all season was a step too far (for both of them), and now we're not really set up for old fashioned wingers with our 4-3-3 system. 

i kinda dont want to give up on this guy, i think most pros can adapt to new positions under the right coaching and support from the manager

albrighton is still young enough to do this, he might be frozen out due to not using natural wingers, but he could still adapt to a more wing forward, and being a midfielder, surely he is able to drift in to a more central attacking role?

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting to see "super" Marc on the bench today despite Lambert saying he'd be opened to a loan. This gives me the impression the loan would be more to genuinely improve him/give him match fitness, in oppose to a Stevens/Bent/Delfoneuso/Ireland **** off kind of loan.

• Like 1

Â