Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

He's 24 in November - even by VT standards he can't be considered a promising youngster.

I don't think his loyalty has been put to the test. He hasn't turned down a move anywhere ?  - If he broke into the team did really well, and spurs came in for him - would he be so loyal then ?

No where near good enough - his early form on breaking into the team, is similar to what many youngsters produce and is generally a poor guide to a players capabilities.

Why do they have to be a youngster to improve? So he's turning 24, so in Tonev in less than 6 months. Can he not improve? KEA had a poor first season, was he beyond improvement? Just because he's no longer 18-22 doesn't mean the lad can't improve.

In regards to loyalty. It's more to do with him actually being a Villa fan and kissing the badge everytime he scores. He's a player we should want to succeed imo.

I'm not even saying he will, he more than likely we be gone next summer but I hope he can bring back the energy, creativity and flair on a more consistent basis that made him originally such a bright young prospect 2-3 seasons ago.

Generally a player is in his prime at 26. 

Pretty much at 24 your physical development is complete - and to be honest if you haven't nailed a first team place by 24 - you probably won't  (i can't think of anyone who has)

So all his to do his discover his form of three seasons ago ? - but it is his inability to do this, as to why he is out of the team.  

Have any of you heard of this Southampton striker, Ricky something?

You throw us a late bloomer, I'll throw a Luke Chadwick and Francis Jeffers.

+ Ricky Lambert has always got in the team wherever he has been - He has come prominence as he continued to score goals as southampton moved upwards. This is different to MA who at 24 years of age hasn't managed to be a first team regular.

Actually I wouldn't mind seeing Marc being given a chance of filling the attacking midfielder role. 

Marc, I believe, is a confidence player and his confidence was shot to pieces under our last manager. Hardly surprising when he was playing right midfield and publicly blamed for a goal that came from our left. I think it will take time and a lot of arm on shoulder to get him back to what he was achieving, whether it is possible or not, I am unsure. 

He has been poor the past 2 seasons but he's been injured. 

But if Lambert has him on the bench then he definitely see's something. Injuries have definitely stunted his development as a player, so hopefully he gets some game time and takes his chance to prove himself again under PL 

He was only on the bench due to numbers and actually got told he would not play. Was fuming apparently as he was due to have an operation on his throat on Friday that got cancelled because he was made to travel with the team.

Would have gone to Derby if he had not had to have the operation.

Wants to play football and if he has to leave to do that then he will. Not sure who would pick up his 28k a week wages though!!

Have any of you heard of this Southampton striker, Ricky something?

You throw us a late bloomer, I'll throw a Luke Chadwick and Francis Jeffers.

+ Ricky Lambert has always got in the team wherever he has been - He has come prominence as he continued to score goals as southampton moved upwards. This is different to MA who at 24 years of age hasn't managed to be a first team regular.

Lambert joined Southampton at 28. 

Before that he played for the likes of Rochdale and Stockport. Can you tell me that when Lambert was the same age as Marc (at Stockport) you watched enough lower league football to say he showed more promise than Albrighton? 

I'm not saying he will be as good a player as Lambert, and I'm not saying he won't. I can't see how you can write him off when he wasn't given a chance last year due to injury, the season before no attacking player in the team had a good year (due to tactics) and the season before that he played brilliantly.

Edited by myko

Albrighton's an out and out, old school winger.  I don't think that's a playing type that's going to get much action under Lambert.  He prefers strikers either side of his main target man, plus a grafter, a passer and an attacking midfielder in midfield. 

He has been poor the past 2 seasons but he's been injured.

But if Lambert has him on the bench then he definitely see's something. Injuries have definitely stunted his development as a player, so hopefully he gets some game time and takes his chance to prove himself again under PL

He was only on the bench due to numbers and actually got told he would not play. Was fuming apparently as he was due to have an operation on his throat on Friday that got cancelled because he was made to travel with the team.

Would have gone to Derby if he had not had to have the operation.

Wants to play football and if he has to leave to do that then he will. Not sure who would pick up his 28k a week wages though!!

Not good if true, surely there was somebody else who could've gone on the bench?!

as someone else has mentioned, theres no reason why he couldnt adapt to a more central attacking role, hes quite capable of attacking on the wing, and he is a professional, would be interesting to see if he could adapt to another position

Â