Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

I think he'll get one more season to prove himself, he's only 22 and he's hardly played. He could do a job for us as a back up to Gabby/Weimann out wide. Who knows, he's been out for so long defenders may have forgotten his one-dimensional game plan!

I think he'll get one more season to prove himself, he's only 22 and he's hardly played. He could do a job for us as a back up to Gabby/Weimann out wide. Who knows, he's been out for so long defenders may have forgotten his one-dimensional game plan!

He's 23, turning 24 this year.

If an offer comes in - all parties will want to do a deal. I would be very surprised (and concerned !) if we went out on a limb to keep the likes of albrighton at the club

The likes of? You make him sound like he's a scourge on our club. Give him a break.

If an offer comes in - all parties will want to do a deal. I would be very surprised (and concerned !) if we went out on a limb to keep the likes of albrighton at the club

The likes of? You make him sound like he's a scourge on our club. Give him a break.

He doesn't need a break. If he performs villa would want him to stay - and other clubs would be keen to buy. Dare I suggest he hasn't performed - So why would the club want to keep him ? - If he is not in the first team, would he not welcome a move to somewhere where he is ?

Sadly you have  make judgement s  we can't keep every player at the club, on the chance that they may come good. Albrighton IMO hasn't done it - and IMO looks unlikely to. If he moves on, and goes on to play for England I will hold my hand and say 'yeah I got that one wrong' 

I don't see how saying we should maybe listen to offers equates to him being a 'scourge' on our club - but that's one for you to answer ?

The way you state 'the likes of Albrighton at our club' just seems unnecessarily disrespectful. Like you're proper looking down on him. State your opinion whether you think he's good enough, but there's no need to have such a negative slant about it. It's not surprising though.

If he isn't good enough, then we thank him for his contribution and move him on. He's never come across as anything but a humble, nice lad who's a Villa fan. And some of the comments on VT seem way OTT.

It's not what you say, it's how you say it that irks me.

• Like 1

tbf, hes not as bad as everyone makes out on here, i think theres more from him, and what would be the point in selling him for not alot, to have to pay more for a replacement just to sit on the bench as back up to weimann?

albrighton is fine

The way you state 'the likes of Albrighton at our club' just seems unnecessarily disrespectful. Like you're proper looking down on him. State your opinion whether you think he's good enough, but there's no need to have such a negative slant about it. It's not surprising though.

If he isn't good enough, then we thank him for his contribution and move him on. He's never come across as anything but a humble, nice lad who's a Villa fan. And some of the comments on VT seem way OTT.

It's not what you say, it's how you say it that irks me.

Isn't that more or less what I said ? 

I don't think we should bending over backwards to keep players approaching 24 years of age at the club - unless they are making an impact - in around first team level.  

If you're getting uptight about the phrase  'The Likes of Albrighton'   - Well I apologize - but surley its not that strong is it ? - I m sure he's heard worse from the Holte end ?  

Just out of Interest what do you predict for Albrighton next season ?

He deserves another season because he's been injured all year and he's only had one bad season after a great breakout year. Failing that then unfortunately we should probably look to move him on for the good of his career.

He deserves another season because he's been injured all year and he's only had one bad season after a great breakout year. Failing that then unfortunately we should probably look to move him on for the good of his career.

Ill try again (if that doesn't Irk you !)

I answered that. We'll have to see if 1) he gets games 2) if he performs when he gets games

I answered that. We'll have to see if 1) he gets games 2) if he performs when he gets games

No - you said he deserves another season - I am asking what you think he will do in that season ?  (Not an unreasonable question surely ?)

No - you said he deserves another season - I am asking what you think he will do in that season ?  (Not an unreasonable question surely ?)

I've just answered that! Jesus. He deserves another season (1st post) to see if he will get games under Lambert and whether he manages to perform when/if he gets those games (2nd post)

He's hardly been fit this season so writing him off seems ridiculously harsh.

Edited by StefanAVFC

I've just answered that! Are you thick? I'm going to account for that and make it clear this time. He deserves another season (1st post) to see if he will get games under Lambert and whether he manages to perform when/if he gets those games (2nd post)

He's hardly been fit this season so writing him off seems ridiculously harsh.

For someone who got irked at 'The Likes of Albrighton' - that's one hell of a comeback a couple of posts later.

So you're not sure if Lambert will give him game time, and even if he does - you don't seem overly convinced that he will take that chance .....Hardly nailing your colors to his mast are you ?

For the record - I don't think he has it at this level - Lambert hasn't  played many of the dedicated wide men on a regular basis - Id put Nzogbia ahead of him in the pecking order - and consider promoting Samir Carruthers .....and yes if a reasonable Offer came in I would sell Albrighton

• Like 1

I get irked at your constant negativity throughout your posts, but that's a different point.

I'm trying to be balanced and well reasoned rather than make a decision because I genuinely have no idea if he'll make it. But as I said, he deserves one more season to put forward his case. That's all my point was the whole time.

Â